Shadowrun Play > Previous Editions

SR5 Flechette Ammunition

(1/4) > >>

Hanzo:
Hoi, chummers!

Let's cut to the chase: Can I load my AK-97 (and any other gun) with the flechette ammo?

It's neither stated that I can do it nor that i cannot do it, so it's kinda confuses me. Especially the range. Do I understand correct that the only range that suffers is the Shotgun range, the one with the choke?

RickDeckard:
Yes.

What makes you doubt that? Nothing in the rules says you can't.

Hanzo:
Shotgun Choke Rule has references to the Flechette Ammo. I agree with you that nothing in the CRB says that I cannot use this type of ammo with any gun type other than shotgun. But nothing also says that I can do that. We have RAW that implies that You're absolutely free to use any ammo type with any gun. But some GM's consider that RAI say that You can use flechtte ONLY with shotguns cuase flechette is mentioned only in the Shotgun Rules.

RickDeckard:
Shadowrun flechette ammo has nothing to do with real flechette ammo anyway, so I guess it could be for shotguns. Never thought of that. Real life flechette ammo is for piercing armor, whereas SR flechette ammo is exactly the opposite. Not sure where they got that idea from.

Reaver:
Part of that is a"lost in translarion" thing tbrough the editions.

From 1 to 3e, armor came in 2 forms, ballistic and impact. Back then flechette ammo had a bonus to bypass ballistic, but had an increase to impact.... but that doesn't matter anymore.

You can fire flechette from just about any weapon.

Shotguns get a special mention because of spread, a feature other weapons don't get.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version