NEWS

Can you increase someone elses magic stat?

• 4 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« on: <03-21-21/2353:55> »
Odd question but Ive been wondering is there any rules legal way to increase  stat specifically magic on someone else?

Player A
Magic 4

Player B
Magic 1

Player A raises players B magic to 2?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-22-21/0035:28> »
No, the rules provide no allowance for sharing or pooling chargen resources.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-22-21/0406:58> »
I can't see any way to allow that with game balance. There isn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind we'd see throw away characters lol.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-22-21/0411:23> »
I can't see any way to allow that with game balance. There isn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind we'd see throw away characters lol.

basically.

I DID once run an "alternate" style Shadowrun campaign, briefly.  Team was smugglers rather than conventional shadowrunners.  I allowed them to pool resources towards the team's LAV.  Even that was not a good deal, as some paid way more than others, and felt screwed, and that probably helped the experimental campaign end in failure.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-22-21/2222:21> »
So no one to do it under the rules and the houserule attempt ended badly. Thanks.