NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #975 on: <01-18-15/1222:49> »
Mine is a low end model, I stretched the resources for deck, power focus and rigger stuff so I am sort of optimistic.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #976 on: <01-18-15/1450:07> »
Here's a Go at Lifestyle Module Build

-Oni
Adept
NATIONALITY/REGION: UCAS/Seattle
FORMATIVE YEARS: Arcology Living
TEEN YEARS: Magical Education
Real Life: Corporate/Security Guard
Real Life: Covert Operation

Matsui Ichirō   Oni Male Red Pigmentation 1.8m 120kg
Body 3   AGI 6(7) REA 2(4) STR 5       MR 5
WIL 3   LOG 3 INT 3   CHA 4   EDG 1   ESS 5   
Limits: Mental 4   Physical 6   Social 6
Initiative: 7+3d6   AR Initiative: 6+DP+2d6      Movement: 14/28/+2    Carry::20/40/60kg
Composure: 7   Judge Intentions: 7    Memory: 6
Physical Monitor: 5(10)   Stun Monitor: 10(10)   Overflow: 3

Qualities
The Invisible Way
Mentor Spirit: Dragonslayer/+2Con, 1 lvl free Improved Accuracy(Throwing Weapon), 1 Lvl free Danger Sense
Distinctive Style: Uses playing cards as missile weapons and uses the Jokers as his calling card.
Prejudice: Bias towards anyone not ethnically Japanese.
Driven: Seeks the assassin of Shuji Amano
Hawkeye
Poor Link
Limited Corporate SIN: Renraku

Automatics   2
Blades   3
Chemestry   1
Clubs   3
Computer    3
Con   1
Disguise   1
English   (N)
Escape Artist   1
Etiquette   4
Gymnastics   3
Hardware   2
Intimidation   1
Japanese    5
Know-Prof: Security Procedures   8
Know-Prof:Codes(Ciphers)   4 (+2)
Know-Acad:History (Japanese)   4(+2)
Know-Prof:LawEnforcement Procedures   4
Know-Acad:Literature(Poetry)   4(+2)
Know-Acad:Magic Theory   5
Know-Prof:Renraku    6
Know-Street:Seattle(Downtown)   5(+2)
Know-Acad:UCAS   5
Know-Intrests: Shinto 3
Long Arms   2
Mandarin   4
Navigation   1
Negotiations   1
Palming   1
Perception   5
Pilot Ground Vehicle 1
Pistols   3
Running   2
Sneaking   3
Software   2
Survival   1
Swimming   2
Throwing Weapon(Non-Aerodynamic) 4(+2)
Unarmed (Martial Arts) 4 (+2)- Martial Arts Style:Ninjitsu(Maneuvers:Kick)

Augmentation: Synaptic Boosters 2
Gear:Fake SIN Rating 4 Fujikami Hiedeki
Executive Suit w/electrochromatic mod AV 12,Metalink Commlink,
 2 Decks of Playing cards
 Gold Credstick 9145
Lifestyle:1 month Squatter (cramped): sleeping in Coffin Motel for now.

Adept Powers
Enhanced Accuracy(Throwing Weapons) Free, Dragonslayor
Danger Sense Lvl 1 Free, Dragonslayer.
Traceless Walk .5pp Reduced Cost, Invisible Way
Nerve Strike .5pp Reduced Cost, Invisible Way
Facial Sculpt Lvl 1 .25pp
Spirit Claw .25pp
Melanin Control .5pp
Missile Mastery  1pp
Inproved physical Attribute Lvl 1 AGI

Matsui Ichirō father was a Red Samurai. Though he lost face for siring an Oni, his father was determeined to make
Ichirō a warrior even if he could not join the ranks of the Red Samurai. Ichirō was always content to be a company man,
as a bodyguard and later as a member in the Division of Unspecified Operations. During his last mission, he and his partner Shuji Amano were assigned to help a Yakuza hit team fulfill a Renraku contract in Chinatown. An unknown sniper killed Shuji. The company wrote it off as an acceptable loss because the mission objectives were still acomplished. This did not sit well with Ichirō who thought a retaliation was in order. Using his life savings, and some borrowed funds from his father, Ichirō has bought off his company debt and has resigned. He leaves the arcology with very little but his honor and a thirst for vengence.

Contacts
Silk   Changling Fixer         Connection 4 Loyalty 2
Matsui Nabunaga   Father, Red Samurai   Connection 1 Loyalty 5

http://inallthingsbalance.tumblr.com/post/6214342873/oni-in-red-and-silver
« Last Edit: <03-18-15/2155:06> by gradivus »
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #977 on: <01-18-15/2156:18> »
So, who's in favor of letting the hired guys get what they came for? I don't think we have the capabilities to keep them from getting her (Unless I really lost track of the situation), and I don't think we can keep the free spirit from giving herself up. Thoughts?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #978 on: <01-18-15/2352:52> »
We can put her in the LAV and fly to the horizon. I doubt they will ever catch the LAV. The free spirit can get the girl into the LAV,  and cutter will catch her and close the door after her.

about the free spirit give her some out of the situation and she'll play along. Overall if the bad guys wanted to simply kill everyone, they would have done so already, they are probably runners guns for hire that did not exactly come there to make a senseless massacre.  In any case, I doubt they can stop the LAV that can be further protected by spirits and rotor drones to be our way out of this problem.

If it is capable of vertical landing - then we can even do the rescue by landing in the middle of negotiation and grabbing the little girl.

« Last Edit: <01-19-15/1425:56> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #979 on: <01-19-15/1741:39> »
sorry people - sick like a dog today - hopefully will respond to all inquiries and bump tomorrow.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #980 on: <01-19-15/1742:47> »
I hope you feel better, no rush ;)

adamu

« Reply #981 on: <01-21-15/1733:18> »
@gradivus - welcome

sorry for my recent illness delaying a response to your sheet.

Looks great to me - a cursory crunch of the numbers tells me you shorted yourself on your electronics group - should be at least 3 computer and 2 for soft and hardware.

Next up - how to get you into things…

Tell you what, give me a couple of quick post cycles.
Right now seems to be a tipping point - at least a small moment where the shooting has stopped.
The next couple of posts will tell me whether that lasts for any length of time or immediately re-erupts into a desperate shooting war.
Once I know which way that flips, we'll get you in either way.

Of course, you really should at least have read the entire IC thread, if you haven't already. So then you be thinking to about a way of smoothly working your presence into the narrative.

Talk soon!

adamu

« Reply #982 on: <01-21-15/1814:36> »
Okay, answers to all the questions that have come my way since I was last on here…

The cyberdeck info will have to wait until someone beats its security and does a diagnostic, or someone with a meaningful Computer skill takes a look at it.

The LAV is an Ares Venture, with an LMG mounted in the nose, and an Ares Alpha mounted in the tail.
The windshield is all spider-webbed and won't take much more damage before it gives.
Yes, it is a VTOL vehicle.

At the moment, I believe Dogmeat has the controls (jumped in). I'll need specific declarations for that to change.

BigGuns - Aria's policy on in-run advancement is here, from the first page of this thread: Karma and cash can usually be spent mid game (subject to your GMing agreeing), with some purchases just being retconned, some needing some IC justification.

Personally, I think it is a bit "Not yet...Tank, I need a pilot program for a B-212 helicopter. Hurry."
But hey, you earned the karma, and the T-bird! If you do it, try to toss some sort of justification into the IC, something about his past or something, maybe?

Sensor test - see upcoming IC.

@gilga - question - you've been spending a lot of time with these rules, so point me in the right direction on the jumped-in bonuses. All I can find is a total of +1 for hot sim jumped in, vs. the +2 for jumped in and another +2 for hot sim you have listed…but since the SR5 rules are completely and hopelessly disorganized, I do not doubt the bonuses you mention are simply listed somewhere else - help a time-strapped GM and point me to a page?
Anyway, you still had the successes needed for what the IC shows.

Moving forward - so I'll do a quick IC.
What I most immediately need to know, gilga, is: not shoot? shoot? and if so, what?
I have seen you muse about a few different options - please let me know your choice so I can determine if we stay on combat time or go off of it (for the time being) - makes a huge difference in managing PbP.

Thanks!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #983 on: <01-21-15/1831:12> »
Hi, the hot sim bonus was fixed to be +2 in the erreta.
Control rig adds its rating as bonus die (so +2) again. It also adds 2 automatic successes for control tests - reduce the theshold  by its rating if you want to be accurate. So you do not get +2 success per say, but if it takes a normal person 3 success to pull up a stunt it takes dogmeat just 1 as he has a level two control rig.

It increase the vehicle handling and speed by its rating as well.  - but I am not sure it matters now.
 Despite his basic skills in pilot aircraft, fancy flying is not difficult with 8 logic and control rig 2. (I think he had quite a few successes in that, not including the bonus threshold reduction from the rig. )

Well dog-meat rolled sensor test - to find something to shoot.at. He is not the kind of person to take a gamble so no target no shooting. (despite me personally like to see what he can do with gunnery.)

As a player I think that the best plan is to grab the girl in the LAV and fly away. It does not involve shooting.  (can it do vertical landing?) I doubt dogmeat knows enough about the situation to come up with this plan tough. (I read the IC, he didn't apparently) it seems to solves many of the problems for us as there is no reason to keep attacking the circus with nothing to gain. If the seer is gone, the circus is safe. (at least the way I understand it... you do not have to agree ofcourse).

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #984 on: <01-21-15/1911:51> »
@gradivus - welcome

sorry for my recent illness delaying a response to your sheet.

Looks great to me - a cursory crunch of the numbers tells me you shorted yourself on your electronics group - should be at least 3 computer and 2 for soft and hardware.

Next up - how to get you into things…

Tell you what, give me a couple of quick post cycles.
Right now seems to be a tipping point - at least a small moment where the shooting has stopped.
The next couple of posts will tell me whether that lasts for any length of time or immediately re-erupts into a desperate shooting war.
Once I know which way that flips, we'll get you in either way.

Of course, you really should at least have read the entire IC thread, if you haven't already. So then you be thinking to about a way of smoothly working your presence into the narrative.

Talk soon!

Corrected the computer/hardware/software skills.
My impression was this OOC is attached to multiple IC threads.
Which IC thread should I read?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: <01-21-15/1915:20> by gradivus »
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #985 on: <01-21-15/2355:46> »
BigGuns - Aria's policy on in-run advancement is here, from the first page of this thread: Karma and cash can usually be spent mid game (subject to your GMing agreeing), with some purchases just being retconned, some needing some IC justification.

Personally, I think it is a bit "Not yet...Tank, I need a pilot program for a B-212 helicopter. Hurry."
But hey, you earned the karma, and the T-bird! If you do it, try to toss some sort of justification into the IC, something about his past or something, maybe?

That last IC post work?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #986 on: <01-22-15/0007:53> »
Well I'll give you the LAV if you want, but I think you might want my gunnery skills in case shitty stuff happens ;) I'll bring the drone.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #987 on: <01-22-15/0022:23> »
Karma expenditures added to the post with the character sheet.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #988 on: <01-22-15/1647:14> »
@BigGuns - thanks for the explanatory note in the IC - it helps me maintain my own sense of verisimilitude!

@gilga - thanks for some of the rules references, appreciate it.
I do still need a little help with your IC, though, especially the last post.

I need you to just throw me a bone on punctuation - I am having a really hard time telling whether you are narrating, or Dogmeat is talking, and if he is talking, is he commanding drones, or speaking to other PCs, or just thinking.
Have you indeed passed control of the LAV over to Cutter, or just talking about it so far?
Also, I see this in your last IC - Going full speed and guns blazing he put the drone feeds on the AR screen of the LAV.
Those are my italics. I thought you just said you were not shooting anyone yet. Later in the same post, you say you are not shooting.
Hate to be picky, but I really need to clarify these points before I can say what happens next.
Thanks!!!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #989 on: <01-22-15/1743:27> »
mechanically he got a location from Alicia sent the invisible drone there with autopilot and took the LAV there.

The rest is fluff.
Targeting that scans the area, ready to fire -  drone feed on the AR display of the LAV etc. The LAV goes faster with jumped in so cutter will stay a passenger until we actually get there and make the pickup. (or until dogmeat have to go due to other problems.)

I removed most of the descriptions.

« Last Edit: <01-22-15/1748:38> by gilga »