NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #960 on: <01-17-15/0151:17> »
@Aria
Congratulations!
by the way,I have a 1 month old girl. I usually post after I finish feeding her at night. (just to see she is really a sleep.)

adamu

« Reply #961 on: <01-17-15/0540:28> »
Hi - 

1. The tests are 3 seperate hacking tests.  (the appropriate skill to take over the plane).
let me know if we need a second roll of a different skill.

2. I did not know fork works that way, lets leave the deck for a more peaceful time. I do not anything that compromise the autopilot or jump in task. 

3. autopilot is enough it does the job.  - jumping in is to do so with style it requires 3 marks and was my initial thoughts but that char would not risk it. first auto then jumping in.

About jumping in, - whats needed is 3 marks + rigger interface. (dogmeat brings his own RCC.) This is why I made 3 hacking tests (each gives a mark if successful - I am not sure how many marks are needed for auto pilot - I assume less as it is a less total form of control).

The 3 tests are 3 separate hacking tests (hacking is one of the skills in the category and hack on the fly is one specialization.  There is hacking to take marks, cybercombat to brick stuff, and electronic warefare to deal with noise jamming and such.

so to sum it up - 3 hacking tests if jumping in is allowed then it can probably shorten the fight with massive fire on our side, otherwise just not crushing the damn thing and putting it in a loop cycling the train is good enough. 

if any new role is required ? (edit file perheaps ) let me know.

Okay, my bad on the RCC!
So since you have your own, this should be no problem.

As for the hacking tests, I'm no expert on the matrix rules, but I think you are quoting descriptions of the individual SKILLS in the Cracking group. Those skills are tools to allow you to carry out specific actions, as listed starting on p237.
But I want to keep things moving, and your rolls are good enough to get through Firewall etc now that the Decker who was protecting the system and the user of the system himself are now both dead.

So next time you are with us, go ahead and IC cracking the T-bird's system, jumping in, and (I assume) not crashing so that Cutter doesn't suffer great pain!

Then we'll carry on, probably off initiative as long as no one resumes trying to slaughter one another.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #962 on: <01-17-15/0938:08> »
I rolled well hacking is a skill that is used for hacking. this is what I rolled 3 independent times.

logic + hacking + 2 specialty devices (everything is either device/persona/host) + 2 hot sim -2 spell sustain (damn invisibility) = 19

Jumping in is a different test, I'll look into the book  now to see what I role, but I can only jump in with 3 marks, and the roles I posted are to get the marks.  once I have 3 marks I roll
for the record I needed also to role the actual take over roll:

Electromic Warfare + Logic [Data Processing]  vs willpower + firewall
it is also a simple action, since I am in VR.
If I am successful I am in the plane:  I get 9 dice to Electronic warfare +2 dice from hot sim -2 spell sustain (damn invisibility again)
so :  1  2  6  5  1  3  2  2  6     (3 hits )
You need to roll willpower of the owner + firewall.

this is the part of the book I am referring to:

jump into Rigged device
(complex Action)
Marks Required: 3
Test: Electronic Warfare + Logic [Data Processing] v.
Willpower + Firewall
You jump into a device that has a rigger adaptation,
usually a vehicle or a drone. There’s a list of things you
need to have in order to jump into a device: you have
to have three marks on the device you want to jump
into, you have to be in VR, the device you want to jump
into has to have a rigger adaptation, and you have to
have a control rig. If you are the device’s owner, or the
device’s owner has given you permission to jump into
the device, you don’t need to make a test. In the Matrix,
the icon of the device you jumped into becomes
part of your persona.
If someone else is already jumped into the device,
you cannot attempt this action until he or she vacates

But anyhow, to keep it fast and cool, lets say we did it.
« Last Edit: <01-17-15/1002:28> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #963 on: <01-17-15/1007:29> »
What I roll now for the attack:

1. 8 logic + gunnery 6 + 2 ballistics + 2 control rig + 2 hot sim -2 (stupid invisibility) = 18 dice
1  1  6  4  2  1  6  3  6  2  4  6  3  5  3  2  4  6  (6 hits)

I assume the plane can go full auto, I am not sure about weapon accuracy. I hope it will make quite a confusion in there.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #964 on: <01-17-15/1054:43> »
What I roll now for the attack:

1. 8 logic + gunnery 6 + 2 ballistics + 2 control rig + 2 hot sim -2 (stupid invisibility) = 18 dice
1  1  6  4  2  1  6  3  6  2  4  6  3  5  3  2  4  6  (6 hits)

I assume the plane can go full auto, I am not sure about weapon accuracy. I hope it will make quite a confusion in there.

Not sure about Accuracy, but the thing's Body is most likely high enough to grant ass-tons of recoil comp.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #965 on: <01-17-15/1818:08> »
@gilga -

with you just learning the SR system, and me an SR dinosaur who just totally gave up on matrix rules back around late-SR2, I think we'll have to just take things a bit more slowly next time you do some hacking - much as Iike to keep things moving along as quickly as possible in PbP!

And on that note, thanks very much for IC-posting the cracking and jumping in, as requested.

Much as my admonition to players is "when in doubt, POST," could you just do a couple of edits to your last post?
These bad guys are not linked into a tactical network - the T-bird doesn't have IFF data tied into its sensor array. You're going to have to decide for yourself who you want to shoot!
And, probably best if you not declare enemy targets blown to pieces without a GM sign-off (some of these guys are a bit tougher than the deckers and riggers!).
So if you could take those two parts out - not a big deal - we'll get our GM/player posting rythym down soon enough.

By all means hold onto that badass gunnery roll - seems likely that once you select a target, I'll be forced to report some major damage done (and yeah, you will definitely sow some confusion!).

So FYI, at the moment, there are no OBVIOUS combatants in view, which means, not much you can see without a perception/sensor test (you are pretty sure there are bad guys in the woods, and may have seen the dredlocked guy go for the train, but he's in now. There are two armed guys facing off but not shooting each other from either side of the coupling between cars 3 and 4, but the way they are between the trains, a clean shot from the air will take some fancy flying, and you'll have to decide which one to kill.
But there is always the sensor test, or you could just strafe the train! There are lots of what appear to be "civilians" around as well, some in vehicles, some on foot, some getting in the train, some getting out, almost all basically panicked.

@ALL
I am going to do a quick IC post to show things that have happened and are happening over the past few seconds of momentary cease fire.
But then it looks like we will be right back on combat time, so will need fresh initiatives from all.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #966 on: <01-17-15/1943:43> »
okay fixed it.
perception test:
intuition 5 + perception 1 + control rig 2 + hot sim 2 - 2 (invisibility) = 8
we can replace perception for electronic warfare but it is also 1 so no help there.
The roll turned up great despite the limited pool.

6  2  6  3  5  2  5  5   - 5 hits.

Well, I haven't actually shot anything since we started so something needs to be blown up preferably with theatrics and stuff;)

A scan to the east is great, fancy flying - well why not:
If fancy flying is needed:
Logic (8) + pilot skill (1) + control rig (2) + 2 hot sim - 2 spell = 11
6  4  5  2  5  1  3  4  2  2  6    -4 hits. The control rig also reduces the threshold by 2.
(control rigs are awesome for fancy flying)

If I have no obvious target - I'll take down one of the guys in standoff, I think my char should know witch one to take. (me as a player have a lot more information).

I do not believe Dogmeat will shoot something without a reason. I can't but feel disoriented in all this combat.

can this plane do vertical landing?
« Last Edit: <01-19-15/1428:42> by gilga »

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #967 on: <01-17-15/1951:07> »
Before I create a character... which character creation options are open. Just the main rulebook or can you go with the sum to 10, karma and/or lifestyle module option from Run Faster?
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #968 on: <01-17-15/2339:57> »
Before I create a character... which character creation options are open. Just the main rulebook or can you go with the sum to 10, karma and/or lifestyle module option from Run Faster?

I don't know if those new Run Faster options are open or not. A good chunk of us started the game before Run Faster was out.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #969 on: <01-18-15/0842:28> »

I don't know if those new Run Faster options are open or not. A good chunk of us started the game before Run Faster was out.
Hi all,

I'm happy for Run Faster options to be employed if it gets you the character you want!  So that nobody feels cheated I'm happy for anyone to re-build their character using the new options provided the basic premise doesn't change too much.  I don't think one or two D here or there will make a great deal of difference to game play...

I probably ought to clarify all that in the opening of the OoC... maybe once I've finished reading through RF myself :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #970 on: <01-18-15/1144:18> »
Yo, GM types, either of you mind if I blow a few Karma putting a rank into Pilot Aircraft and Gunnery at this point?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #971 on: <01-18-15/1148:02> »
you really want to blow up stuff heh ? ;)

how is your agility, I think that you can default gunnery quite well (with -9 to defense you'll actually hit stuff).

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #972 on: <01-18-15/1214:15> »
you really want to blow up stuff heh ? ;)

how is your agility, I think that you can default gunnery quite well (with -9 to defense you'll actually hit stuff).

I want the skills because I wanna claim this bad boy for myself. :P

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #973 on: <01-18-15/1215:10> »
Yeah, so I heard ;)
Can I get the deck then ?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #974 on: <01-18-15/1216:02> »
Yeah, so I heard ;)
Can I get the deck then ?

Not like I need the cyberdeck. We still don't know what kind it is though, so yours might be better.