NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #945 on: <01-15-15/1906:02> »
No, no soak needed (barely).

He is firing accurately with an HK SMG, you can tell that much, and moving to cover.

Attack at will, and let me know your movements. You are close enough you can reach his position with a Walk.

8-bit

« Reply #946 on: <01-15-15/1916:40> »
All right, I'm going to try and pin him down with my rifle before he can make it to cover. I'll also move towards him, making my way towards the southern door.

Action Pass 1 - Acting on Initiative 26

Simple Action - Take Aim (+1 Accuracy and +1 die to attack, due to Wireless Smartlink)
Free Action - Called Shot to Vitals (+2 DV, -4 dice to attack)
Simple Action - Shoot Ares Desert Strike

Quote from: 8-bit
Longarms 6 + Agility 11 + Wireless Smartlink 2 + Take Aim 1 + Specialization 2 - Called Shot 4 - Wounds 1 = 17 dice without any other modifiers

Firing Ares Desert Strike (Longarms 6 + Agility 11 + Wireless Smartlink 2 + Specialization 2 + Take Aim 1 - Called Shot 4 - Wounds 1): 17d6t5 5 [1, 5, 4, 6, 6, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 1, 2, 1, 4, 2]

Well, that could have gone better.

DV is 15P + Net hits, AP -8. 2 APDS Rounds used in 14 round clip. 12 remaining in clip; 48 remaining total.

Since I do not know environmental modifiers, here is what is negating it.

Thermographic Vision or Low-Light Vision (not sure if the ash makes thermo impossible, but I assume I would have gone to the appropriate one when lining up my shot); Smartgun System for Wind; Flare Compensation for Glare; Improved Range Finder for Range (up to 350 meters with no penalty).

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #947 on: <01-15-15/1918:07> »
Never mind, got my targets cofused a lot. Still trying to get back into the PbP game, still have a lot going on. I'll try to get everything caught up with tonight. Hopefuly the elf girl is toast though.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #948 on: <01-15-15/2057:59> »
Really wishing right now that I could just dump a couple points of karma into Pilot Aircraft right now. I want this puppy.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #949 on: <01-15-15/2213:58> »
Okay some rolls - to help with role play: (if they hit - miss what ever)

Car security team:
First drone is the rigger drone, it is invisible with 4 hits + concealed -5 dice for detection.
(initiative (rerolled because I did not find the prev post:  21)
1. First drone fire: (9 dice)  - rigger drone (limit 6)
2  6  6  6  5  3  4  1  5   - 5 hits.
First drone defense (9 dice) (limit 4) 
3  3  6  1  6  3  4  6  1  - 3 hits
First drone soak damage (remove dice from the right for AP shots)
8 dice:
6  4  6  6  6  4  6  6 

(initiative 19)
2nd and third drones are out of the box drones:  concealed -5 for detection.
2.  Second drone fire(9 dice) (limit 3)
6  6  2  4  4  3  2  2  3  -2 hits
Second drone defense - same as above
5  2  6  6  2  5  3  6  1  - 5 hits reduced to 4 due to limit.
Second drone soak damage:
6  2  4  6  2  6  4  4 

(initiative 21)
3. Third drone fire (9 dice) (limit 3)
1  1  4  2  4  3  3  6  6  ---2 hits
Third drone defense (9 dice) (limit 3)
3  3  4  2  3  2  4  3  3   -  no hits
third drone soak damage
2  5  1  5  5  3  6  5 

The drones will use short bursts if they fire. (they have the RC from their body).
Little dog the flying eye, will explode itself on the attacker if the car is hit.

Bad dog the spirit: I am not sure about his initiative (force 5 spirit of man)
but I think the most sensible things for him to do is to use his confusion power to help the drones hit. with 3 AK-97 guns on his side each only has 9 dice, the negative dice from confusion are going to make the dogs a lot stronger. His other alternative is an unarmed attack that I think is crappy.  How do we operate spirits ? who plays him?

My own initiative:
intuition 5 + reaction 4 + 4d6 = 3  4  4  5 =  25
I think it is intuition*2 for hot sim in that case it is 26.

Hacking the t-bird remove dice from the right for negative modifiers:
I roll logic + hacking (17) + 2 devices +2 hot sim -2 spell sustain = 19: (limit is 7)
I use fork program to also target the deck while I am at it. same role two targets.

first pass:         6  3  6  5  2  6  1  4  1  1  5  3  5  2  2  2  2  5  5 
second pass:   4  5  6  4  2  2  5  2  5  1  2  6  5  5  5  5  3  4  5 
third pass:        6  5  3  1  3  2  5  6  4  3  1  6  1  1  4  4  4  3  1 
« Last Edit: <01-15-15/2307:03> by gilga »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #950 on: <01-16-15/0956:23> »
Hi all,

Our little baby girl has arrived safely into the world and I hope to resume normal SR GM duties in the next couple of weeks or so!  Not that I'm going to muscle in on what Adamu is doing as he's doing a grand job!

See you all soon

A
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #951 on: <01-16-15/1719:01> »
As on the other site - SO AWESOME.

Very happy to hear it!

(But…am I talking about the baby, or the return to the game…?)

adamu

« Reply #952 on: <01-16-15/1739:23> »
@gilga - come back to me quick and we can move this next part faster…

Some info for you:
- Obviously no problem getting into Cutter's commlink, since you were invited.
- The T-bird's system, to which you are now effectively plugged directly into, does have its own Firewall (and possibly other security within).
- Based on your rolls, I think you will at least get some initial marks, so I am going to let you know some things now to speed things along:
  * Once inside you can see that you are in a completely isolated system - the wifi has been manually switched off. Cutter's hardware link is the only reason you are able to be here.
  * The RCC is totally bricked, and still smoking. It is physically impossible to jump into this vehicle (both of these points took place in earlier IC posts! But Dogmeat wouldn't have known.)

What I need (besides more knowledge of the hacking rules!):

I see all those rolls at the end just labeled "hacking".
Do you mean the Hack on the Fly action, or are you referring to whatever the next three tests you might need to make (there are a great number of different hacking actions).
I really need to know what you are specifically hoping to achieve?

Is it to get into the T-bird's systems to activate the autopilot (which should in theory prevent a crash?)
Or did you have some other action in mind?

For the Fork, yes, you can use the same roll, but keep in mind that all the negative modifiers that would apply to each target separately will then apply to each action (ex. if there is a -1 die mod on the T-bird and a -4 mod for the deck, the single roll you make to affect both is at -5). The cyberdeck is much better defended than the T-bird, so I will need to know if you go ahead with the fork to attack the dead decker's deck.
And if so, again, what exact actions and, more importantly, what are you trying to achieve?

adamu

« Reply #953 on: <01-16-15/1747:21> »
@all - so many cool actions!

BigGuns, you really rescued yourself by plugging straight into the T-bird with your commlink and inviting the deckers in through that. Will resolve that situation as soon as I hear back from gilga regarding the post above. (and anyone feel free to school me if I am making mistakes with the hacking rules).

8-bit: Afraid that, like you, he's pretty fast. Accurate as your shot was, he drops down behind the other side of the train coupling and you miss.

Saithor; Yeah, at least at the moment, the firl doesn't look like she's going anywhere.

IC with more info in just a few minutes.

adamu

« Reply #954 on: <01-16-15/1806:58> »
@8-bit - forgot to ask, exactly how close to you want to get to the guy?

Nose to nose across the coupling?

A couple of meters back, the better to shoot?

And, assuming you are not attacked, everyone let me know if they cease shooting/attacking (except of course for trying to save the T-bird from crashing).

If anyone does choose to keep fighting, I need to know (assume, as we have been playing, that everyone is listening in on friendly comm traffic, including Alicia's exchange with…someone).
« Last Edit: <01-16-15/1809:29> by adamu »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #955 on: <01-16-15/1906:52> »
Hi - 

1. The tests are 3 seperate hacking tests.  (the appropriate skill to take over the plane).
let me know if we need a second roll of a different skill.

2. I did not know fork works that way, lets leave the deck for a more peaceful time. I do not anything that compromise the autopilot or jump in task. 

3. autopilot is enough it does the job.  - jumping in is to do so with style it requires 3 marks and was my initial thoughts but that char would not risk it. first auto then jumping in.

About jumping in, - whats needed is 3 marks + rigger interface. (dogmeat brings his own RCC.) This is why I made 3 hacking tests (each gives a mark if successful - I am not sure how many marks are needed for auto pilot - I assume less as it is a less total form of control).

The 3 tests are 3 separate hacking tests (hacking is one of the skills in the category and hack on the fly is one specialization.  There is hacking to take marks, cybercombat to brick stuff, and electronic warefare to deal with noise jamming and such.

so to sum it up - 3 hacking tests if jumping in is allowed then it can probably shorten the fight with massive fire on our side, otherwise just not crushing the damn thing and putting it in a loop cycling the train is good enough. 

if any new role is required ? (edit file perheaps ) let me know.

« Last Edit: <01-16-15/1948:59> by gilga »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #956 on: <01-16-15/1910:37> »
I'd say to try remote operation.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #957 on: <01-16-15/1952:22> »
Yes remote operation is also an option - less intrusive then jumping in, less dangerous for me and enough for fluff to shot them all ;)

8-bit

« Reply #958 on: <01-16-15/2303:11> »
@Aria

Congratulations!

@adamu

Maybe 5 to 8 feet back? I don't want to be right up in his face, but I don't want him leaving my sight. And I'm aiming at him; if he looks like he's going to shoot, I'm shooting him back.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #959 on: <01-16-15/2323:21> »
Either way, I call dibs on this puppy. I plan on buying Pilot Aircraft to be able to use her, and I like to think I have the Reaction to be able to get pretty good at manually flying.