NEWS

Favorite Pistol in 5th.

• 50 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #45 on: <04-13-19/2237:32> »
...ahh but it's so fun to pull both of those big ol' Warhawks out twirl them around, then aim at the small time gang leader who is flashing a Streetline special in a "threatening manner" only to watch him to wet himself (and possibly soil his britches) in front of his mates.
Meh. That's OK. But for 'intimidating a gang' I prefer a more elegant approach. Like summoning a possession spirit to take over the gang leader and turn him on his gang.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #46 on: <04-14-19/1516:43> »
...yeah, but we're talking about shootin' irons here, not spirits or magic.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #47 on: <04-14-19/1756:35> »
...ahh but it's so fun to pull both of those big ol' Warhawks out twirl them around, then aim at the small time gang leader who is flashing a Streetline special in a "threatening manner" only to watch him to wet himself (and possibly soil his britches) in front of his mates.
Which is a perfectly legitimate response to having a pair of train tunnels pointed at you.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #48 on: <04-16-19/1514:39> »
...yeah, but we're talking about shootin' irons here, not spirits or magic.
Sure, sure, if you want to use inferior tools for the job. ;)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #49 on: <05-15-19/0058:28> »
Yeah, I am also a Remington Suppressor fan. Only machine pistol with natural AP. My last character carried two, one with stick and shock one with ADPS. Granted, we had a very pink mohawk game, so that was his way of being quiet. Otherwise, he was in your face aggressive, either with full auto weapons (also ADPS) or melee weapons.

I didn't really care about the AP.   I just liked the fact that it was a great way to get a suppressed "Pistol" on a character using Automatics.

I generally had 2 mags on me, 1 Gel, 1 APDS.

Full Auto on my AK I generally just used Reg ammo as FA starts to get pricey, not like grenades or bound spirits pricey, but it cuts into the profits a little & on FA I can afford to not be using APDS.

Well, those characters were heavily flushed with cash and Bladz didn't have much in the way of subtlety. Also, we commonly had spirits to deal with in that game. So AP was a big deal. Granted Weapon Focus also cut right through them as well. Luckily that game had 3 Awakened characters, Bladz (combat adept), Feathers (Face/Shaman), and the Anti Spirit Mage, who I can't remember the name of.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #50 on: <05-30-19/1814:59> »
...hmm a Warhawk with APDS Handload (9DV/-7AP), pretty nasty.  With EXEX handload: 12DV at -3AP.
Forsaken daughter is watching you