NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #180 on: <05-31-13/0632:05> »
Trust me Melbourne city(satan)link ain't fun either the worst I've ever had it was 2 and a half hours on it for a journey that normally takes me 20 min... I really wanna convert my Torana to a monster truck would make getting to and from work so much quicker and fun, plus might keep Ford producing cars here as a side benefit.
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #181 on: <05-31-13/0814:50> »
To paraphrase an old saw:

A European thinks 100 miles is a long way.
An American, Australian or Canadian thinks 100 years is a long time.
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #182 on: <05-31-13/1217:50> »

ROFL

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #183 on: <06-04-13/1921:19> »

Really makes me feel for other country's students, "Okay class we're on chapter 20 of the third history book."
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #184 on: <06-04-13/2341:01> »

Really makes me feel for other country's students, "Okay class we're on chapter 20 of the third history book."

Doesn't make a difference.  Still need to learn everyone's history, regardless of wether its Bono (Ivory Coast), Papal States, Hindu Kush or Srivijaya.  A short national history doesn't preclude a requirement to study history itself.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #185 on: <06-05-13/0114:02> »
Except, of course, in public school.   >:(

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #186 on: <06-05-13/0120:49> »

Doesn't make a difference.  Still need to learn everyone's history, regardless of wether its Bono (Ivory Coast), Papal States, Hindu Kush or Srivijaya.  A short national history doesn't preclude a requirement to study history itself.

"Class, welcome to World History, but mostly about America." This is how it works out in the U.S., anyway...
We get one semester that is mostly a survey up until the discovery of america, then 4 weeks on everything
up until the American Revolution, then the rest of the class is devoted to everything since then, with anything
that had american involvement getting significantly more coverage then anything that didn't have American
involvement. Actually, other then a couple minor protests like the Boxer Rebellion(hah! It didn't even get a full page!),
and something called the "Boehr War" and stuff involving some guy named "Napoleon", and a small portion of WW1,
nothing happened after 1776 of any note that the U.S. did not have a significant involvement in. With regards to
WW1, for example, the portion of the war before the U.S arrived got 1 Class day, while after U.S. arrived got the
rest of the week(2 Class Days)...(Oh....did I mention this was my college World History? My Highschool World History
was even more focused on how importantthe U.S. was...only 1/4 was devoted to pre-1776 history)

Sichr

• Prime Runner

Re:

« Reply #187 on: <06-05-13/0738:31> »
I recall someone mistaking Czech for Chechnya. History isnt the problem from this POV :)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #188 on: <06-05-13/0745:08> »
Reminds me of an old (Cold War-era) joke:

At a diplomatic function, a Norwegian diplomat approached a group and opened the equivalent of small talk.
"What is your opinion of the meat shortage in the rest of the world?" he asked.
The conversational gambit fell flat because of various failures to understand the question:
The Russian diplomat didn't understand 'opinion'.
The Polish diplomat didn't understand 'meat'.
The Canadian diplomat didn't understand 'shortage'.
And the American diplomat didn't understand 'the rest of the world' . . . .

Sichr

• Prime Runner

Re:

« Reply #189 on: <06-05-13/0749:21> »
:)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #190 on: <06-05-13/1218:34> »
"Class, welcome to World History, but mostly about America." This is how it works out in the U.S., anyway...
We get one semester that is mostly a survey up until the discovery of america, then 4 weeks on everything
up until the American Revolution, then the rest of the class is devoted to everything since then, with anything
that had american involvement getting significantly more coverage then anything that didn't have American
involvement. Actually, other then a couple minor protests like the Boxer Rebellion(hah! It didn't even get a full page!),
and something called the "Boehr War" and stuff involving some guy named "Napoleon", and a small portion of WW1,
nothing happened after 1776 of any note that the U.S. did not have a significant involvement in. With regards to
WW1, for example, the portion of the war before the U.S arrived got 1 Class day, while after U.S. arrived got the
rest of the week(2 Class Days)...(Oh....did I mention this was my college World History? My Highschool World History
was even more focused on how importantthe U.S. was...only 1/4 was devoted to pre-1776 history)
Oh, and the War of 1812 never happened.  Nor the Bay Of Pigs.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #191 on: <06-05-13/1650:53> »
SOOOOOOO .... How about that SR metaplot?

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #192 on: <06-05-13/1705:19> »
Basically the same thing. There was a war in Colombia for which maybe two or three battles have been mentioned, and when Sirrurg started attacking towns in rural Texas and New Mexico, we got a detailed list of the places he hit.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #193 on: <06-05-13/2011:11> »
Basically the same thing. There was a war in Colombia for which maybe two or three battles have been mentioned, and when Sirrurg started attacking towns in rural Texas and New Mexico, we got a detailed list of the places he hit.
And the Azzies pooped out multiple armies from god knows where and somehow invade Denver with no one noticing.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #194 on: <07-21-13/1025:19> »
What is going on in space ?
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--