Shadowrun Play > Previous Editions

[SR5] Latest Version of 5th Edition Core Rule Book?

(1/2) > >>

Stormlord:
I'm trying to figure out what the latest release version for the 5th edition core rulebook is.

I got my PDF a few years ago and it's the Master Index Edition. I'm pretty sure it's the same one that is currently on DriveThruRPG, but I don't know how to tell for sure.

So the first question is:

Were there multiple versions of the Master Index Edition released on PDF?

Second question:

Are these hard copy versions with the alternate covers a later version than the PDFs at DriveThruRPG?

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2018/05/new-adventure-core-sr5-rulebook-back-in-print-all-sorts-of-fun-to-be-had/

Hermetic Mage:
I'm a complete noob myself but I was under the impression there's a single Master Index version for 5th edition but the physical copies just came with a variety of covers. I think the contents are the same.

Stormlord:
That's what I originally assumed. However, if you look at that link I posted it shows the following changes to that version of the printed book: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SR5-Core-Book-Errata-2018.pdf

My Master Index Edition PDF doesn't have those changes...

Hermetic Mage:
I had a look around online, it looks like there's only two versions that where printed. The original 2013 and the Master Index 2016 edition. There might not be a printing with the Errata stuff post-2016 out there? Saw a comment on a shop dated 2019 asking why there hasn't been an updated printing with the Errata fixes.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be around to shine more light on the situation but as far as I can tell the best we have is the Master Index with the Errata pdfs.

Stormlord:
What I'm trying to figure out though is if the PDF version is more up to date than the hard copy alternate cover version.

I'd really like to have the latest version regardless of the format, I'm just trying to figure out which one actually is the latest...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version