NEWS

(SR 5) Rigger 5

• 434 Replies

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #405 on: <04-06-16/1515:09> »
Traveler's lifestyle goes cover food, gas, etc.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #406 on: <04-06-16/1608:28> »
Question for you, Wakshaani: what do Smart Tires do?

A few vehicles, the Thundercloud Mustang being one of them, are listed as having them as standard equipment, but their function is not listed anywhere. The SR4 description doesn't quite translate over easily, and it'd be nice to have a response to this for Missions where handling tests are actually required (and I'm assuming here that tires relate to handling somehow).

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #407 on: <04-07-16/0001:16> »
Not sure! It's not from my work. It's on teh FAQ that went upstairs, tho.

My *guess* would be "Reduces maneuver penalties by (an amount)" but I don't knwo for certain.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #408 on: <04-07-16/0109:01> »
Ah, no worries. By FAQ do you mean Errata, or is there a FAQ document intend for public consumption in the works, or something else entirely?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #409 on: <04-07-16/0112:54> »
Me gathering up questions, errata notes, and more, from, like, five different locations, compiling them all, then sending them upstairs. I don't know when corrections will come down from on high, but, I tried to push everythig I could find up there for resolution.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #410 on: <04-08-16/0933:18> »
Me gathering up questions, errata notes, and more, from, like, five different locations, compiling them all, then sending them upstairs. I don't know when corrections will come down from on high, but, I tried to push everythig I could find up there for resolution.

Hey, Wak. I want to say thanks for all your work trying to make SR not only by writing the fiction and rules, but actually coming here putting up with this communities crap and trying to help fix what is broken. I know I am one, among many, who has bitched about lack of errata and official responses, but again thank you for all your hard work and putting up with our crap.

Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #411 on: <04-08-16/1014:41> »
It's my pleasure! I'm a fan first, and I want the game to be the best it can be. That means fixing it when we mess up and it means owning it when I screw up.

You're allowed to make mistakes... you just gotta learn from it and do better next time.

Still a long way to go, but we're gettin' there.

adzling

« Reply #412 on: <04-08-16/1103:14> »
I'd also like to say thanks Wak, your efforts are very much appreciated.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #413 on: <04-08-16/1105:55> »
I'd like to echo the comments made by Rift and adzling, Wakshaani, and thank you for all your hard work. Your engagement with the community is very much appreciated!

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #414 on: <04-08-16/2028:33> »
Here is a sort of crunch vs fluff question that Wakshaani might be able to answer. How many actual seats is the bulldog suppose to have. the crunch stat lines says it have 6 seats but some of the fluff seems to indicate that it doesn't have any passenger seating at all any other then the driver have to sit on the floor in the back.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #415 on: <04-09-16/0001:32> »
Fabe, you mean you've never seen someone yank out all the seats in their van to have extra cargo space?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #416 on: <04-09-16/0017:06> »
Fabe, you mean you've never seen someone yank out all the seats in their van to have extra cargo space?

Well its just this bit from the description of the ford econovan

While most riggers tent to go with the bulldog or governor ,the econovan has something important they do not: seats

So that just got me thinking,does the bulldog lack passenger seating or is this just more fluff that clashes with the rules?   

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #417 on: <04-09-16/0647:17> »
I, personally, use the seats given as general metahuman sizes space to shove runners into. Sorry Trolls (and their ilk), you take double the "seats", unless it was built for them in which case us normal size folk only take up half a "seat".

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #418 on: <04-09-16/0757:01> »
I didn't do ground vehicles, so I can't give you the intent there.

Before we were doing RIgger 5, I was working on vehicle stuff for myself, and seating was one I kept kicking around. My version was probably too fiddly, and I was using the classic "Body is your mods" way, which is different than the actual designer went with. I had:

Bench Seat
Bucket Seat (Standard)
Bucket Seat (Large)
Bucket Seat (Troll)
Bucket Seat (Dwarf)
Rigger Cocoon

There should be one or two more in that, but this is off the top of my head. Bench seats let you squeeze another person in (as long as you were friendly), but the middle position didn't have a seat belt and being cramped wasn't fun. Buckets were normal in the front, and you could replace one bench with two normal buckets, or upgrade a normal bucket to a Large at a smallhit to your mods (1) ... Troll-sized seats required you to remove a seat entirely (Either the passenger seat for smaller cars or to convert the back bench to a single bucket on the passenger side) Dwarf seating took up a little *less* space, unless it was for the driver, since additional gear would be needed to convert it to one that they could drive.

Again, a tad fiddly.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #419 on: <04-09-16/1044:49> »
I might just be a reference to the Evonovan having 10 seats compared to the Bulldogs 6 seats
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.