NEWS

Data Trails - When it will be Missions Legal

• 19 Replies

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <07-27-15/0934:36> »
Unfortunately, this does not address my primary concern that Data Trails will be legal for GenCon whether we have the FAQ or not.  There is the possibility that some people sitting at character creations will have their own books and I can not tell them that they can not use them.

On a side note, did anyone running Character creation at Origins run into people just looking to have their Life Module builds or Sum to 10 approved?
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-27-15/1424:20> »
It has been posted.  The original plan was to have it up last week, but due to circumstances, it was green lighted today.  It is here, on FB, the Agent Dropbox, and the Convention Dropbox.

There's all of 1.5 pages concerning Data Trails, half a page concerning Lockdown and half a page concerning recent questions.

The bulk of it has not been changed as there wasn't enough time to revamp it before GenCon (not with everything else I had to do in preparation for it).
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <07-27-15/1655:03> »
I thank you for posting it with enough time for me to read it, and it's alright to only address the new books right now, that lets us answer questions.
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #18 on: <07-27-15/2349:15> »
On a side note, did anyone running Character creation at Origins run into people just looking to have their Life Module builds or Sum to 10 approved?

I ran a couple of the chargen events, but I didn't see anyone asking for character approvals.

Personally, I won't even address any book other than the main book during the 2-hour convention slot; anything more is beyond the scope of the event, and there's barely time to get multiple players through basic chargen.  I've warned players bringing other books with them that I won't do anything with those books because there isn't time.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #19 on: <08-04-15/2201:20> »
when i ran the chargen event the only time i ever broke out the other books is when a guy had a very specific idea for a character that i said "ya your going to take this quality and your going to love it." aside from that there was the rare occasion when i broke out Run N Gun for a few guns and or armor that was character idea specific.

but yes, if you start getting into everything that all the books offer now, you'll never get done. I kept telling my tables "I apoligize but were compressing something that takes me 4-5 hours to do when im building a concept character into 2 hours and im doing it for 4+ people, so we wont be covering absolutely all the different things currently available in the game"