Shadowrun General > The Secret History

Ares Macrotechnology and Insect Spirits

(1/27) > >>

The Analog Kid:
So hold on a second...

...based on Roger Soaring Owl's story at the end of "Street Legends," the reason Ares is so interested in fighting bugs is...

...because they want to take the "best" parts of insect spirits and use them to turn their corp soldiers into living bioweapons?!?  Ares Firewatch with insect pincers as sword and implanted insect chitins as body armor?!?

If so?  Mind.  Blown.  It takes everything I ever thought about Ares from "Queen Euphoria" until today and dumps it right on its' head...

Mirikon:
Knight is apparently under the delusion that they can control the bugs, and wipe out the ones that don't behave. Needless to say, this is going to all come crashing down. And Chicago will probably be ground zero for it. Again.

Wakshaani:
It could also be that Knight's been flipped.

Which would be a terrible way to go out, but, man, who'd have seen it coming?

The Analog Kid:

--- Quote from: Mirikon on ---Knight is apparently under the delusion that they can control the bugs, and wipe out the ones that don't behave. Needless to say, this is going to all come crashing down. And Chicago will probably be ground zero for it. Again.

--- End quote ---

Ah.  I remember reading stuff about "chitins as body armor" in the story (don't have the book handy) and just shuddered.  That's Aztechnology levels of screwed up right there...

Mirikon:
Yes, yes it is. And it WILL end badly, mark my words. The best we can hope for is that someone kills Knight, and when the other two partners find out what's going on, they will sanitize everyone connected with the project with extreme prejudice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version