NEWS

The Seed

• 2 Replies

mik212

• Newb
« on: <08-11-23/2045:37> »
Okay here is another one with Earthdawn (I presume) connections. In The Neo Anarchist Streetpeedia in the "Resonance and Dissonance" section it mentions ancient elves who made a connection to the resonance and called it "the Seed".

What is this referring to? I have scoured the internet and cant find anything about it. It's bugging me so much.
« Last Edit: <08-11-23/2105:03> by mik212 »

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-13-23/2010:52> »
There is no direct connection between the Seed and anything in Earthdawn. What it refers to is the rise of Resonance sensitivity "the Seed of Knowledge" caused by the magical storage of information at the end of the last high mana cycle. In addition to the reference in Neo-A-Streetpedia, the Seed is mentioned in Third Parallel (pages 78-79), Hack and Slash (pages 134 and 155) and it's explored a little more in last chapter of Astral Ways (there will also be some information about it in Falling Point). You can also research UnITy, Nous, and the Noosphere.
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team

mik212

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-13-23/2035:11> »
There is no direct connection between the Seed and anything in Earthdawn. What it refers to is the rise of Resonance sensitivity "the Seed of Knowledge" caused by the magical storage of information at the end of the last high mana cycle. In addition to the reference in Neo-A-Streetpedia, the Seed is mentioned in Third Parallel (pages 78-79), Hack and Slash (pages 134 and 155) and it's explored a little more in last chapter of Astral Ways (there will also be some information about it in Falling Point). You can also research UnITy, Nous, and the Noosphere.

Thank you very much. It was mentioned as a Fourth World thing and I know that even if Catalyst cant officially or canonically confirm the connection anymore some writers still throw easter eggs in ( we got the T'skrang back recently after all) so I thought maybe this Resonance group may have had some reference to them back in the day. I will go take a look.
« Last Edit: <08-13-23/2106:16> by mik212 »