Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

[SR6] Hack & Slash

<< < (2/5) > >>

Finstersang:
TBH, I think that kinda makes more sense than Willpower + Sleaze. Its an effect of the devices being inside the host, and spotting them from outside should be hard regardless of a Spider being present. Intuitively, Device Raing + Sleaze that would have been my take as well.

That being said: Boy, the Attributes used for the different Matrix Actions really are all over the place, arenīt they? Thereīs no way of intuitively knowing what values are used under what circumstances. Sometimes its Firewall, but sometimes also Sleaze, Data Processing or Device/Host/Pilot Rating or even Attack, and most of the times there are multiple alternative defense tests against (presumably) Personas and Spider-protected hosts using any of the 4 mental Attributes. And to that, you have to add different Access Levels, Legality, Linked Matrix Attributes and Action Types. So much for Simplificition, itīs practically unusable without a flip-chart. Fragg, why canīt we just have Matrix rules that arenīt overly complicated?

MercilessMing:

--- Quote from: Finstersang on ---TBH, I think that kinda makes more sense than Willpower + Sleaze. Its an effect of the devices being inside the host, and spotting them from outside should be hard regardless of a Spider being present. Intuitively, Device Rating + Sleaze that would have been my take as well.
--- End quote ---

I agree that without a Spider, it shouldn't be a Sleaze-only roll. Firewall is usually the generic defensive stand-in for a defensive roll.  The only time Device Rating has been invoked for a defensive test is when you're dealing with a naked device with no ASDF of its own.

Hobbes:

--- Quote from: MercilessMing on ---Pg 47, Virtual Horizon

"The only Matrix action you take directly against any devices or icons “inside” a host while you’re on the outside is Matrix Perception. All inside devices are considered to be running silent using the Host Rating + Sleaze of the host as the opposed dice pool."

Honestly not sure if this is an error or not; Matrix Perception resistance is Willpower + Sleaze, using Willpower of the Spider.  Host Rating isn't used defensively anywhere in the rules.  I think this is a carryover from 5e.  If it's not an error: why is the author creating a special case for something as ordinary as a perception test?

--- End quote ---

At a different point in Hack and Slash the test in an unopposed threshold of 2 to spot a Wirelessly active Device that is part of a Host's network. 

It's on the Errata team's list. 

100% IMO, just treat it as a normal Matrix Perception test to find a Silent Running Icon and carry on. 

MercilessMing:
Pg 43
Are Decoy Pod Hacks missing a method to create them?  The other two hacks include one, and their cost makes sense because the commlink rating is relevant.  Decoy pod hacks don't seem to care about that, but commlink cost is still included though it isn't important.  (also its very cheap considering a jammer is one of the ingredients)

MercilessMing:
Pg 124, Realignment

--- Quote ---A different Matrix attribute can be optimized with a Free Action, but only one Matrix attribute can be optimized at a time.
--- End quote ---

Free Actions don't exist, but the Realignment action is a Major.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version