NEWS

So what is the Krime corporation?

• 8 Replies

gyrobot

• Newb
« on: <12-24-14/1435:04> »
Title says it all, which corp does Krime belong to?

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <12-24-14/1530:19> »
They are their own corporation, at the moment.  There's no mention as to whether or not they are owned by another corporation, nor is there any need for it to be so.  The Big 10 AAAs are powerful and all that, but they don't control everything.  Unaffiliated AAs and As exist out there. 

Their manufacturing facilities are located in Europe as per Gun H(e)aven 2, if that's any help. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <12-24-14/1558:25> »
Based on Red Anya's procurement of multiple Krime weapons, I do wonder if they're somehow not a manufacturer for the Vory.  Or, because they tend to favor metahumans, owned (at least in part) by Evo.  But based on what we know right now, MijRai is correct - the company is an unaffiliated independent manufacturer.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #3 on: <12-24-14/2348:24> »
Or perhaps they are like the "Bandit" weapons in the Borderlands games... a decentralized production venture by people with robotic mills (or access to parts production facilities of actual companies, who can churn out some extras on their shift -- and smuggle them out somehow), which are then purchased, assembled, and shipped to those who order them by various street entrepreneurs. The production "cells" would necessarily be isolated enough to prevent a megacorp from shutting them down, as well as keeping organized crime from taking them over.
If Krime isn't like this, some other entity should be.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-25-14/0015:21> »
If Krime isn't like this, some other entity should be.

Quite true - for the time being, we only have the Streetline Special as an example of just what you're talking about.  Though Gun H(e)aven 2 did have a whole section on the Moms and Pops.  Weirdly (to me) enough, Cavalier and Browning are both listed in there.  Presumably this is because they aren't owned by a AAA corp.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-26-14/1122:55> »
Quite true - for the time being, we only have the Streetline Special as an example of just what you're talking about.

What about the good ol' Street Sweeper?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <12-26-14/1132:43> »
Quite true - for the time being, we only have the Streetline Special as an example of just what you're talking about.

What about the good ol' Street Sweeper?

No rules for it in SR5 - there's a few known mom 'n' pop manufacturers though: Marlin, for instance.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <12-26-14/1210:56> »
Ooops, sorry I assumed we were talking about Shadowrun guns in general.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <11-06-21/1133:24> »
Krime is it's own corporation, and numerous attempts at buying it out have ended with the Suit in charge of the buy out, or "buy out", disappearing.

Sometimes pieces of them can be found.  Typically a head.  In a Stuffer Shack plastic bag.

It is heavily implied that Krime is actually owned by a retired group of Basque Shadowrunners who made "The Job", the one that lets you do whatever you want, and they wanted to make guns that were properly troll-sized apparently.  Or, that's what they try and pass themselves off as.  The truth, well chummer, it's Shadowrun, even Plan 9 doesn't know all the truths.

EDIT:  Source:  I wrote the Krime stuff for Street Lethal and the Krime Katalog.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11