NEWS

Present ponders past...

• 20 Replies

Bisharian

• Newb
« on: <09-07-10/2232:36> »
Back at the turn of the millenium, how mundane do you think life was compared to today? How many people do you think actually wished the Awakening would happen ( maybe without all the bad stuff happening around and after it ), just to feel like they had a purpose in life? I can't imagine how isolated, frustrated, trapped and incomplete, those who were talented felt because they couldn't find that missing piece.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #1 on: <09-07-10/2239:43> »
I'm Confused by your usage of "wished the Awakening would happen". I STILL want the awakening. Damage and all.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <09-07-10/2257:46> »
(Psst.. DarkLloyd... I think he's talking in character in 2072 ;))

Oh, and I've got my countdown timer set on my PC for when the Dragons are supposed to appear. ;D

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-07-10/2324:50> »
I asked from my character's point of view, but the question stems from thoughts in RL. If 2012 is suppose to be this big "thing" I would wish for some sort of spiritual and cosmic enlightenment... Maybe I spend too much time in the clouds.

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-07-10/2331:08> »
Back at the turn of the millenium, how mundane do you think life was compared to today? How many people do you think actually wished the Awakening would happen ( maybe without all the bad stuff happening around and after it ), just to feel like they had a purpose in life? I can't imagine how isolated, frustrated, trapped and incomplete, those who were talented felt because they couldn't find that missing piece.

Well, i see your point, one of the first to actually be able to use magic at a powerful scale (excluding the immortals and dragons) would have been Daniel Howling Coyote and who knows who actually teach him all that (well maybe his totem ???). If he did really get that powerful by himself it's really awesome.
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #5 on: <09-08-10/0014:19> »
Technically it's December 22nd 2011
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <09-08-10/0046:21> »
(Psst.. DarkLloyd... I think he's talking in character in 2072 ;))

Oh, and I've got my countdown timer set on my PC for when the Dragons are supposed to appear. ;D

This!

Also, I want to add, maybe there should be a section for "whatever comes to your mind" in-character talk in 'Shadowplay'? Could we get that? Please? Pretty please? :)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <09-08-10/0103:24> »
Also, I want to add, maybe there should be a section for "whatever comes to your mind" in-character talk in 'Shadowplay'? Could we get that? Please? Pretty please? :)

I whole heartedly agree with that. I'm used to the "MechWarrior Hall" in character areas on the BT board. Which is why I didn't catch that. But looking back now, I should have...... :P
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <09-08-10/0113:21> »
I whole heartedly agree with that. I'm used to the "MechWarrior Hall" in character areas on the BT board. Which is why I didn't catch that. But looking back now, I should have...... :P
There is the Virtual Underground 93 thread over in the Play-by-Post section.

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <09-08-10/0127:08> »
Mmmm, i'll go take a look 8)
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <09-08-10/0205:36> »
There is the Virtual Underground 93 thread over in the Play-by-Post section.

But this is gonna get crowded and unreadable pretty fragging fast if people start talking about different topics, stuffed into only 1 discussion thread.

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <09-08-10/0258:22> »
Well, i suppose Bull could create a new topic once in a while to make sure it doesn't take 3 hours to read for someone who wants to enter the conversation.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <09-08-10/0317:01> »
...or just take the easy way and create a subforum for Shadowtalk on various subjects :) Works mighty fine on a lot of Shadowrun boards.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #13 on: <09-08-10/0411:58> »
Folks are free to start their own IC chat threads over there as well.  :)

I love the idea of Play by Post games, but I don't have the patience for them.  THe IC Chats are a way to occasionaly drop in and chat for a bit, play around, without being "committed" to anything ongoing, so that works for me. :)

You can keep the VU93 Old School format (for those 1st/2nd ed nuts out there), and open up additional chat streams on the "server", or maybe start up a ShadowSEA thread if you wanna use the newer posting style.  For RP purposes, I'd avoid Jackpoint, since that's not an open system.

Bull

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-08-10/0435:09> »
Thanks will do!

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept