Conspiracy Theories errata

• 1 Replies

Nath

• Omae
« on: <11-26-11/0834:01> »
page 2
page 44
"Ares: The beginning of the end?"
Layout error. Title level makes it a sub-part of "The Corporate Court: Stolen Protocols" while content is not related.

page 41
"Right around the time these mysterious smugglers began popping up, there was also an increase in the number of street contacts WHO were selling very detailed and accurate knowledge of building and security layouts, layouts that even seasoned shadowrunners have had difficulty acquiring."
Context and grammar suggests the World Health Organization is not involved. Typographic error. It should be "who".

page 42
"So I would strongly suggest testing ouT your supply of KE IV or wyrd mantis essence before charging head-on into a colony."
Typographic error. It should be "out".

page 66
"Anyone want to give me the tl;dr version?"
Not sure what it's supposed to be (maybe "tailored" ?). But i'm pretty definitive this looks like an error.

page 75
"REPTAILIANS"
Spelling error. It should be "REPTILIANS". On the other hand, it's supposed to be a conspiracy theory rant, and those are often far more badly written than that.

page 76
"NAGAs."
Typographic error. It should be "NAGAS". But same remark as above.

page 89
"London became the European host to a number of wealthy Japanese Kieretsu, some of which would later become notable mega-corporations."
Spelling error. It should be "Keiretsu".

page 131
"Or, more accurately, [Dunkelzahn] running mate, Nadja Daviar, did."
Vocabulary error. "Running mate" normally refers to someone running on the same ticket for the election. In Dunkelzahn's case, Kyle Haeffner was his running mate in the usual sense, not Nadja Daviar.

page 126
"Most people look back at Dukakis’ term as a placeholder between Reagan, the anticommunist and tax-cutter, and Jeffery Lynch, the antigovernment paragon."
Spelling error. It should read "Jeffrey".

page 152
"To be honest, those actually began long ago in the late 1980s. When communism imploded and START virtually annihilated global nuclear arsenals, President O’Neill began to slash the defense budget. Of course, no one expected at the time that Jeffrey Lynch would do him even better by reducing defense spending by forty percent and nearly securing the elimination of the Marine Corps."
Probable background error. Context suggest "President" refers to the President of the United States Office, but there is no President O'Neill in the given timeline (as per page 124 and 126). There is a Supreme Court decision called Lynch vs. O'Neill on the USPS sale (page 126), but Lynch was the president then. I guess it should read "Dukakis" (sic, yeah, read the book).

page 152-153-154
Layout error. The Congress part is present two times. Note the second occurrence features two more comments at the end.

page 157
"Meanwhile, there are dozens of appointees and career senior officials n working for the Under Secretaries of Acquisitions & Logistic and Policy who owe their positions to political connections beyond his control."
Spelling error. I guess it should be "now".

page 162
"The SIN in question belonged to Ted Kriofske, one of the developers of the Kriofske-Mainella program (pg. XX)."
Editing error. It should be "pg. 73" or "pg. 73-74".
« Last Edit: <11-26-11/1843:11> by Nath »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-26-11/1439:13> »
page 66
"Anyone want to give me the tl;dr version?"
Not sure what it's supposed to be (maybe "tailored" ?). But i'm pretty definitive this looks like an error.
tl;dr is web slang. It stands for "too long; didn't read."

page 75
"REPTAILIANS"
Spelling error. It should be "REPTILIANS". On the other hand, it's supposed to be a conspiracy theory rant, and those are often far more baly written than that.

page 76
"NAGAs."
Typographic error. It should be "NAGAS". But same remark as above.
All of the typos in New Wyrm Order are intentional.

page 131
"Or, more accurately, [Dunkelzahn] running mate, Nadja Daviar, did."
Vocabulary error. "Running mate" normally refers to someone running on the same ticket for the election. In Dunkelzahn's case, Kyle Haeffner was his running mate in the usual sense, not Nadja Daviar.
Yeah, that should be translator.

I made a bunch of changes towards the end, and I must have put "running mate" in 2057 instead of the 2060 election. The idea was that she was running that campaign while also being on the ticket.

Page 118
Replace:
"the massive Kansai Village enclave in the ever-growing section of the city known as Compville"

With:
"the massive Kansai Village enclave and the ever-growing section of the city known as Compville"
« Last Edit: <11-27-11/0739:29> by James Meiers »