NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <07-02-15/2011:59> »
Trauma Damper, Pg. 119:
  • Fluff indicates that it is possible to get addicted to a Trauma Damper. Is it? If so, can we get the Addiction Rating and Addiction Threshold?
  • Also, maybe some exposition on when the addiction might start? Anytime you use it? A period of time it is active?

It's effectively a low-level Opiate. I'll have to bounce off the rest of the guys (especially the drug cartel!) to see what level is appropriate here.

Can you bounce the Entire Drugs Section off them? With a Hardcover book, preferably! It's the Section that just keeps giving, giving atrocious Errors!

Pg 191 It lists Custom Drug Base Vector as Ingestion, then lists Ingestion as one of the Enhancers available. Which one is it?

I'll go read it again to find more wrong, I can't even get out of this section it Fails so hard.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #16 on: <07-03-15/1539:23> »
Leonora Bartoli's name is spelt wrong on p65.

It's spelt Lenora Bartoli, missing the first O in Leonora.
« Last Edit: <07-03-15/2051:18> by DeathStrobe »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <07-03-15/1542:53> »
In Synch's description, it says :
This enhancement is incompatible with dynomitan.
What's that?

At heat adaptation, it says:
This treatment
is incompatible with the same implants as cold adaptation
So which implants is cold adaption incompatible to?
« Last Edit: <07-03-15/1552:47> by UnLimiTeD »
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <07-03-15/1706:58> »
Chemical Gland p. 112.  "These compounds must be naturally occurring and not synthetic."  We only have stats for Synthetics...

Not that its particularly difficult to come up with stats for chemicals, but the cost is 100* the cost of the chemical so could result in a fairly large swing from table to table.  Rough guidelines are probably needed, if not a specific list.  Because, well, Adrenaline is 100% natural.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <07-03-15/2007:02> »
Yeah, that one was a trip on my own side. The 4th ed book just sat it out there and went "Done!" and let us hanging. I was eyeballing the deadline and trying to figure out what to do when the massive chamical chapter was finished and I went, "Okay, phew, we can roll with that." ... But about everything there is also synthetic, so doesn't work. D'oh!

So, yes, at some point, we'll need to make a nice long list of natural chemicals and their effects, from tree frog poison and cobra venom to insulin overdoses and low-grade adrenaline boosts.

Well, nobody ever said this job'd be *easy*. :D

(adds it to the stack)

More errors, corrections, and rules requests? Keep 'em rolling!

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <07-03-15/2216:11> »
Skill Jacks in Chrome Flesh are 10k per level vs. 20k per level in the core book.  Guidance on which is correct would be appreciated.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <07-03-15/2346:41> »
Skill Jacks in Chrome Flesh are 10k per level vs. 20k per level in the core book.  Guidance on which is correct would be appreciated.

They are only 1k in the German edition under Pegasus.... this was an attempt to roll back the outrageous prices for Skilljacks. I'd recommend that you try to get your GM to use 1k cost.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-04-15/0135:49> »

10K is the new price. It's an active change. :)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #23 on: <07-04-15/0153:38> »
With the nanopocalypse is effect 10k sounds ok since you'd need brain and nerve surgery to install the wires, right?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <07-04-15/0558:47> »
So is the doubling of Essence cost in Skillwires also intended? What do people do that had them already, and are low on essence?
Will they suddenly drop dead?
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <07-04-15/0920:34> »
So is the doubling of Essence cost in Skillwires also intended? What do people do that had them already, and are low on essence?
Will they suddenly drop dead?

That, I have to find out. 0.1 Essence per Rating is where it was, and IMHO should stay, but, it might have been in the Playtesting feedback to switch it. That's a question for Upstairs. For now, go with 0.1 per Rating until we get the official stuff together. (As a heads-up, while I'll be working on a small package for the next week or two, the full one won't be out until after GenCon, I'm sure.)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <07-04-15/2141:36> »
Revels in Murder is easily abused and should be re-examined.  A test to recover the edge instead of it being automatic and its still a powerful quality.  *or* more serious RP restrictions.  Social penalties, reputation damage, composure tests to take prisoners or leave an enemy alive after combat.

Something anyway.  I like the test to confirm edge recovery, still powerful, but not automatic. 

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #27 on: <07-04-15/2253:19> »
Slab is also in Stolen Souls p189, the entries in both books are almost exactly the same, minus one thing...well two I guess. One is that there is a note for an awaken version that affects the aura. and the other thing is that the Stolen Souls version does 16 stun damage. Which assuming, the target has 3 wil and 10 stun boxes, means a person who takes slab will take 3 physical overflow. Not sure if that stun damage is suppose to be there or if Chrome Flesh is errataing that out.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <07-05-15/0106:30> »
Tough and Targeted - person that comes after you is professional rating equal to your street Cred.
Consummate Professional - Assassin's Primer Page 17- Street Cred is now equal to Karma / 20. 

You can take a disadvantage to make another disadvantage less of a disadvantage.  And, thematically, its as likely a combination as any.  Change Tough and Targeted to person that comes after you is professional rating equal to your Karma / 10?

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <07-05-15/0226:48> »
In Synch's description, it says :
This enhancement is incompatible with dynomitan.
What's that?

Cut & Paste left over from 4th edition...
Dynomitan:   The   dynamin   protein   is   closely   tied   to   the    speed   of   neuronal   transmission   due   to   the   cell’s   ability   to   absorb    neurotransmitters.   Dynomitan   is   an   enhanced   version   of   this    protein,   expressed   exclusively   in   the   sensory   regions   of   the   brain.    Characters   with   this   modification   receive   a   +1   dice   pool   modifier    to   Intuition-linked   skills.   Characters   with   this   modification   are    also   prone   to   distraction.   When   they   notice   something   of   interest,    they   must   pass   a   Willpower   +   Logic   (3)   test   to   not   drop   the   task   at    hand.   This   enhancement   is   incompatible   with   synch.