NEWS

[OOC] Horizon AFOC: Lights! Camera! Action!

• 1154 Replies

Caramelle

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <01-15-12/1252:25> »

I've seen our face has a hacker contact, so maybe that contact knows her.
@Kour: maybe a way to get the two of us together.  A friend of a friend (I'm not sure what you had planned, but it can be a way should you need one).

I like your idea! Did you mean something specific like earlier cooperation in SIN faking?
You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. /Al Capone/

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix/Comlink

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-15-12/1313:54> »

I've seen our face has a hacker contact, so maybe that contact knows her.
@Kour: maybe a way to get the two of us together.  A friend of a friend (I'm not sure what you had planned, but it can be a way should you need one).

I like your idea! Did you mean something specific like earlier cooperation in SIN faking?

To be honest I thought more that the team needed a hacker and your contact contacts my ID manufacterer contact and he contacts me for the job.

Another option is that both contacts are part of the same ID manufacturing group, as those things are according the source books always done by crime syndicates or other groups (as one person doesn't have the resources to go into all those databases, especially for the high quality fakes).

It also depends on what exactly we're going to do, how the team will be contacted.  So probably option one is the best.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Caramelle

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <01-15-12/1432:53> »
To be honest I thought more that the team needed a hacker and your contact contacts my ID manufacterer contact and he contacts me for the job.

Another option is that both contacts are part of the same ID manufacturing group, as those things are according the source books always done by crime syndicates or other groups (as one person doesn't have the resources to go into all those databases, especially for the high quality fakes).

It also depends on what exactly we're going to do, how the team will be contacted.  So probably option one is the best.

What do you think about this - We may have worked together once and we have met through my hacker contact. As we need a hacker for this assignment, I may have mentioned I' ve worked with you and that was ok. :)
« Last Edit: <01-15-12/1435:06> by Caramelle »
You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. /Al Capone/

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix/Comlink

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-15-12/1457:51> »

What do you think about this - We may have worked together once and we have met through my hacker contact. As we need a hacker for this assignment, I may have mentioned I' ve worked with you and that was ok. :)

Sure, good idea.  We're both elves, so that might also help.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

AalithHUN

« Reply #19 on: <01-15-12/1502:22> »
:) You guys maybe overcomplicate it a little. :) Man, I cannot wait to start the game already! Where's the "excited" smiley?

Anyways, my character is a media junkie like Laura, and Unwired says they are obsessed with news, information and social networking sites. Maybe Eddy and Laura could have met on one of those sites and exchanged some information? Better yet, Eddy is all about knowledge, paying for information with information, so, if you agree, maybe Laura gave him some good scoop about a corp Ares worked with in the past and it helped Eddy greatly get what he wanted, then he shared. Now when she's contacted about a mayor job, she can recommend a trustworthy fella with some good skills maybe worth checking out.

Just throwing ideas around :)

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #20 on: <01-15-12/1506:23> »
I love you guys  ;D
this will be great, at least for now I am under a very good impression.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-16-12/0714:40> »
We can get the group together like this.  Person A knows person B who in turn knows person C and D and C knows E, and so on...

We should be able to come up with a way to get everybody in this system.  We might not know everybody, but at least you know (or have heard about) one or two people.  That can give us a quicker group cohesion than a random group of strangers.

Caramelle

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <01-16-12/0725:02> »
We can get the group together like this.  Person A knows person B who in turn knows person C and D and C knows E, and so on...

We should be able to come up with a way to get everybody in this system.  We might not know everybody, but at least you know (or have heard about) one or two people.  That can give us a quicker group cohesion than a random group of strangers.

Sounds good to me! :)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix/Comlink

AalithHUN

« Reply #23 on: <01-16-12/0855:38> »
That's what I had in mind too! This way we don't need to do the "I don't know you and you don't know me but we agree we don't trust each other" game in the beginning! :)

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <01-17-12/0505:41> »
Sorry all about a late response.  I'm essentially going a bio street sam.  Not tough but can deal a lot of damage if given an opportunity.

I typically only check the 'new replies' and since I didn't post on this thread I didn't get updates  :-[

I don't mind the 'everyone knows each other' system.  But everyone needs to just pick a relationship and stick with it, I've seen a lot of time wasted on things like these because people didn't want to affiliate themselves with specific others.

I'll be more prudent to keep an eye out on the threads regardless, but to Kour, I'm just going to go with the sheet I sent you as is. Would you like me to post it on this thread?

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #25 on: <01-17-12/0512:10> »
It unlikely that any of you might know Caretaker, I am fairly new to town.

Pyro, you can subscribe to thread, even if you don't post in it, so you would get emails about new replies.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

AalithHUN

« Reply #26 on: <01-17-12/0552:16> »
So everyone's ready? Character wise?

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <01-17-12/0600:34> »
I am almost - I am missing contacts, but I can finish that today.

Denver Missions
running 13

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #28 on: <01-17-12/0644:58> »
So we are ready.

Sent - would be nice. To see your charsheet and backstory as a link from black book or just here in this thread

Pyro - still waiting for the story. Ok as players want to start we can keep the current version of you character, but I doubt your decidion not to take up dodge, more so if you are a Sammy.
Think on it while you still can.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <01-17-12/0650:54> »
I'll post it tonight probably

Denver Missions
running 13