NEWS

5e Decker charged help

• 5 Replies

Powertrip

• Newb
« on: <10-02-19/1310:16> »
I've got my Decker Jacob Crane's backstory and theme fully fleshed out but there is still a lot of work to be done on getting my character fully fleshed out

The plan is for him to be a 'flicker' decker and avoid cyber combat altogether.  He was Lone Star before getting fired for drugs.  He worked in the Matrix Crimes/Forensics division and that's where his Matrix expertise lies: snooping, hiding, manipulating and controlling data.  He was still a cop while doing these duties so that's how he has basic skill with a sidearm (going heavy pistol)

During a brief employment stint with a corp or gang (not sure which as I'm still writing his backstory out) his chest was mauled wide open with a large paper cutter being swung by a troll.  His employer saved his life and encased him in a half cyber torso.  I know it won't give my character a lot in game but for fluff/flavor/RP it's going to happen LoL.  And he's going the cyber arm route for dex/str for shooting.  I see how to get him to 6/6/3 dex/str/armor but not exactly what people are doing to get the 9/9/3 I see people talking about.

Going back to the drugs, I'm going to give him the addicted to Cram and Psyche negative qualities and the Narco gene?...  Other qualities I'm not fully committed to just yet.  Looking at Run Faster, Perfect Time, Overclocker, Quick Config, Hack On The Fly.

I know I want maxed out Logic but I'm seeing conflicting thoughts on willpower or intuition for my next priority stat. 

Priorities:
A - Resources 450K Nuyen
B - Skills
C - Attributes
D - Human
E - Mundane

In addition to the Cyber Arm/Torso (torso I'm ok going used, as he got the arm after getting saved and hired), I want to get a DataJack+ so he can run an Agent on it (I assume it's stored there but will still need a Deck or Commlink to actually run?).  Also looking at the Renraku Tsurugi.  His gun will be a tricked out Colt 2066 given to him by his brother.  Laser sight and other mods to make it more effective in combat without a smart link

Thinking about exceptional attribute - Logic, Cerebral Booster, Someone mentioned an Azteca 300/Brand Loyalty?, Go Big or Go Home? Overdrive?

I know I've got a lot of stuff all over, I'm doing this all on my phone so getting organized onto a character sheet will happen later and it will be a 'living document' until then.  I've seen several people post builds up here and if someone wanted to copy/pasta something they have it's close to what I'm trying to accomplish then I wouldn't kick you out of bed for eating crackers.  But I also understand if you guys are just down to give guidance and let me put the work in.

I haven't touched on the rounded out runner gear yet because I want to see where I end up with the two cybernetic bits and my deck but I am still keeping it all in mind as far as clothes/armor/gun/SIN stuff

Powertrip

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-02-19/1949:04> »
This is what I've come up with so far, please critique concept or if I missed/miscalculated something

-- Priorities --
Metatype D (Human)
Attributes C
Magic E
Skills B
Resources A 470k Nuyen

-- Karma Expenditure --
50 Total
+15 in Negative Qualities
-25 in Positive Qualities
-10 for 20,000 nuyen

-- Attributes --
Body 3
Agility 1 (Right Arm 9)
Reaction 2 (5)
Strength 1 (Right Arm 9)
Willpower 5
Logic 6 (+2 from Cerebral Booster)
Intuition 5
Charisma 1
Edge 5
Essence 2.3000

Initiative - 10 + 1d6
Physical Condition Monitor - 10
Stun Condition Monitor - 11
Physical Limit - 4
Mental Limit - 11
Social Limit - 4

-- Qualities --

Positive
Codeslinger - Hack on the Fly (-10 Karma)
Perfect Time (-5)
Overclocker (-5)
Quick Config (-5)

Negative
Addiction to Cram - Mild (+4)
Addiction to Psyche - Mild (+4)
Vendetta (+7)

-- Skills --
Electronics 5
Cybercombat 6 (+2 Devices) - dice pool of 14 (16)
Electronic Warfare 6 - dice pool of 14
Hacking 6 (+2 Devices) - dice pool of 14 (16)
Perception 2 (+2 Visual) - dice pool of 7 (9)
Pistols 6 - dice pool of 7 [15 with Right Arm]
Con 6 (+2 Fast Talk) - dice pool of 7 (9)

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
TBD - You have 22 points

-- Augmentations --
Datajack+  - Cost/Essence?
Reaction Enhancers 3 - Used - 29,250 nuyen | 1.125 Essence
Obvious Full Cyberarm (Right) w/ Agility 6, Strength 6, Enhanced Agility 3, Enhanced Strength 3 - Used - 63,000 nuyen | 1.25 Essence
Obvious half Cybertorso 20,000 Nuyen | 1.5 Essence
Strength 3 - Used - 63,000 nuyen | 1.25 Essence
Mnemonic Enhancer 2 - Standard - 18,000 nuyen | 0.2 Essence
Cerebral Booster 2 - Standard - 63,000 nuyen | 0.4 Essence

-- Gear --
Armor Jacket w/ Nonconductivity 6 - 2,500 nuyen
Colt 2066, Concealed Quick-Draw Holster, laser sight, Silencer, 4 Spare Clips - 1,345 nuyen
Renraku Tsurugi Cyberdeck w/ All Common and Hacker Programs - 219,435 nuyen
Heavy Pistol Ammo: 150 Gel Rounds, 150 Regular Ammo - 675 nuyen
Rating 6 Medkit - 1,500 nuyen
3 Renraku Sensei Commlinks - 3,000 nuyen
Rating 6 Bug Scanner - 600 nuyen
Data Tap - 300 nuyen
2 Rating 6 Directional Jammers - 2,400 nuyen
Micro-transceiver - 100 nuyen
Tag Eraser - 450 nuyen
Rating 6 White Noise Generator - 300 nuyen
Rating 6 Respirator - 300 nuyen
Survival Kit - 200 nuyen
2 Gold Credsticks, 4 Silver Credsticks - 280 nuyen
Rating 4 Fake SIN w/ Rating 4 Fake License (Reaction Enhancers), Rating 4 Fake License (Smartlink), Rating 4 Fake License (Enhanced Agility), Rating 4 Fake License (Enhanced Strength), Rating 4 Fake License (Savalette Guardian), Rating 4 Fake License (Renraku Tsurugi Cyberdeck), Rating 4 Fake License (Hacking Programs), Rating 4 Fake License (Gel Rounds), Rating 4 Fake License (Regular Ammo), Rating 4 Fake License (Bug Scanner), Rating 4 Fake License (Data Tap), Rating 4 Fake License (Tag Eraser) - 19,600 nuyen
1 month of Middle Lifestyle w/ Specialized Work Area - 6,000 nuyen

Remaining Money - 255 + (4d6 x 100) nuyen

-- Contacts --
TBD - You have 3 free points (Highly Recommend spending karma here)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-02-19/2016:29> »
If you have access to Kill Code the custom decks are a far better deal.

If you have access to Chrome Flesh you want the geneware Narco.

If you have access to Data Trails the Cyberdeck Mods and Programs are worth looking at/buying.

Generic advise, get all -25 points of Negative qualities that you can at chargen.

Deckers don't need Str.  Get your Cyberarm to 9 Agility if you can, and toss in a Smartlink. 

Get a crappy enclosed vehicle.  Nissan Jackrabbit or Renault Funone. 

Agility 1 is a killer.  "ShadowRUN" is because at some point, you'll need to run like hell.  Agility 1 ain't it. 

Powertrip

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-03-19/1123:52> »
Regarding custom decks... Don't those limit the ability to swap my ASDF around which is kind of the idea behind my build?

I do have access to the other books.  I thought I had the Narco mod up in my list but I'll make it a bit more obvious. 

Got it on STR, gone.  And I'll get it where I can run a bit better LoL

So, go fully -25 on NQs and then whatever I have left over I can use later.  Do my skill points and attributes numbers look good? Not as in where they should be but did I math right? XD

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-05-19/2144:14> »
Swapping around ASDF in combat is overated.  Cybercombat in 5th Edition is usually a fail state, you're typically full on Sleaze unless you're in the legwork phase. 

Powertrip

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <10-08-19/1543:05> »
Then could. you give me the two decks you'd have me look at with fixed stats?