« Reply #120 on: <04-27-17/0957:55> »
"Ask Krestov"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Qwikfix

« Reply #121 on: <04-27-17/1134:49> »
Krestov felt the hackles rise in his throat at the sudden turn of the conversation as eyes fell on him.  Gulping his sip of juice, he sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"He was beaten.  His power advantage taken and disabled.
 Just a tool, like us.  He saw he was finished and surrendered.  Not a fight after that...wasn't necessary to kill."

Krestov nodded his head.  "Knows better than to seeking us again."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #122 on: <04-27-17/1302:51> »
Bravo, Anna. This was exactly the kind of topic we need to get a good party going.
bnc facepalms herself sullenly and stashes away her home-made cookies. She inhales deeply but when the situation doesn't appear to change on its own, she puts on her lance and shining armor to rescue the party.
"Chummers, there's time for this and time for that. Now's the time to celebrate big. All of us has seen a lot, or otherwise we wouldn't be here. Slob, Krestov, me, Anna - I guess. I daresay even Gerhardt. I'd love to hear all them sad stories. But not now. Not fucking today.
Anna, why don't you make up for that by telling us a nice story. Tell us about your biggest heist. You say, you're a damn-hot thief. Tell us about your biggest victory over foreign property.
And Special K, down the goddamn vodka. I can't wait to tell everyone that I knocked out a 400-pound Russian troll in a vodka duel."

She tries to wink, not sure whether she made everything better, or worse.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <04-27-17/1734:56> »
Anna said "You got me wrong,I am hot and I am a thief.. I am not a hot thief, only posers brag.
I will tell you two stories, one true and one fantasy. First story, about a failed theft. When I was young there was this concert downtown, fifty six. I was like twelve, perhaps eleven but with enough makeup and the right clothes I could pass as adult. I liked the music so much that I decided to steal one of the instruments, so I followed the band to their hotel and posed as a groupie to gain access to their musical instruments. One thing led to another... and I learned the importance of a tag eraser. I got caught outside of the hotel, guitar started beeping so I grabbed it and run. Fifty six liked that guitar and the moment he figured it was gone, he reacted quicker than his security and tailed me with his bike. I managed to get all the way to Puyallup when that bastard caught me and pointed a gun to my face, demanding me to hand it over.  He was emotionally attached to that guitar or something.  We were pen-pals after this incident and the next year he sent me this guitar as a gift, after I sent him a demo of my first song."

Second story "I spent my youth pickpocketing SINers and collecting money to survive, but I really wanted a guitar and so I bought one and it meant that there was not enough money for food. It was not as nice as this one, but in time it turned out that I could play and people will hand me their money willingly and I only needed to run from the police."

Qwikfix

« Reply #124 on: <04-29-17/2220:51> »
Krestov took a glance to the side, a bit abashed by the reprimand from the tiny decker in their group.  But, he shook it off with a small smile as he took the shot glass between two fingers with a raised brow.

"Four hundred?  Been some time since was 400..."  He chuckled, opening his mouth to tip back the burning beverage.  He gulped, eyes closed as the troll flinched not at the libation.  Setting the glass upside down, he showed his victory to his opponent.  "Would be careful.  Last time you tried this did not end well, da?"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #125 on: <05-02-17/0122:38> »
bnc smirks at Anna's word play.
"Nicely told, I give you that. I didn't know that you were so much into music. And if I had had to guess, I'd have chosen flute as your favourite instrument."
She pours some orange juice over her vodka, before she downs it, a bit slower than Krestov did. She seems to be used to spirits, but her face displays an involuntary reaction nonetheless.

"Which last time? I can't remember having engaged in a vodka duel ever before. Was it so intense that it destroyed my memory?"
« Last Edit: <05-02-17/0125:32> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #126 on: <05-02-17/0840:03> »
"Talk about unreliable narrators"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Qwikfix

« Reply #127 on: <05-02-17/0918:14> »
Krestov sighed, allowing his opponent to set the pace as he sat back, nodding.  "Not vodka.  Whiskey, in Lisbon, da?  You wanted fight me after enough drink.  You must forgotten"

He blinked, glancing over at Slobbertooth after his remark.  "Am confused.  What mean?"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #128 on: <05-02-17/1411:32> »
"That my choice of who to trust is between someone who was drunk at the time, and someone who was drunk at the time and has also experimented with hallucinogenic drugs"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <05-02-17/1942:35> »
Anna chuckled at bnc "Like you could tell the difference." She listened closely at the exchange and took herself a beer bottle. Figuring out that Vodka is a bit too aggressive for her to go.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #130 on: <05-03-17/0144:12> »
"Tell the difference between what and what?"

bnc leans back, half amused, half confused. "I guess in dubio I would trust the one who actually has any memory left. So what exactly did I do? Did I lose bad? Did we have a bet running?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #131 on: <05-03-17/1846:02> »
Anna answered "Between a flute and a Guitar... " she paused and added "Especially a few shots to the future..."
"Cheers!" she said clicked her beer bottle with Krestov's second vodka shot, smiling happily at the charming troll.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #132 on: <05-04-17/0329:49> »
bnc tries to keep her eye-rolling down to a minimum and doesn't even respond directly to Anna's somewhat misplaced remark. She only mutters to herself: "P'haps you shouldn't project your own cognitive incapability at others..."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #133 on: <05-08-17/1115:12> »
Slobber pours a glass of scotch and takes a sip.

"So when do we get behind a microphone and embarrass ourselves?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Qwikfix

« Reply #134 on: <05-08-17/1132:57> »
Krestov helps himself to pouring out the second round of vodka shots for himself and bnc, otherwise allowing the decker to set the pace as he made the toast.  Upend in the drink, the living tank seemed to shrug it off not unlike the bullets he's seen to absorb.

Giving a chuckle, the troll shrugged.  "When someone here feeling confident enough to take stage?  Sound like you volunteer friend, hahaha."