NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <05-05-15/0859:29> »
"I don't go out much. Prefer to stay inside if not on a job." The little changeling admits, letting his voice get distorted by some voice changing toy in the mask. "Generally easier that way." He wondered if Solo got his name by always completing jobs alone, but decides not to voice this concern.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <05-05-15/0925:51> »
Well... said Solo with a sigh. Thats actually a sensible thing to do... doing stuff shortens your life in this buissness.  Yet... sometimes it is fun to do the unsensible things...
After a short pause he adds
You seem to be no stranger to technology... I mainly do M&M in missions... Matrix and Magic... I do a little facing as well depending on the team really.
What about you?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <05-05-15/1241:22> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, King William Pub, London]

“Ok folks, let’s get down to business.  It’s possible that Torrent will bring in a few latecomers but we can bring them up to speed as and when we have to.

You’ve already noticed that there are a lot of you here, far more than would normally be required, but this job, apart from having a very tight window of opportunity, is complicated by the need to address three different locations.  At its heart is a voluntary extraction of a target in central Oxford.  The time frame needs to be completed in the next three hours before his current employers remove him.  In addition I want his wife and children extracted too so that they can’t be used as leverage against the target.  The children are at home with the staff, the wife is attending a charity function in another location in Oxford, both are being monitored by the main target’s employers.

I will of course answer some questions before you consent to take the job but I won’t reveal too much paydata without a commitment from enough of you to make this happen.  As I said, we are pressed for time so I am afraid I will need to hurry you…!”
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <05-05-15/1300:00> »
“Medical and Matrix. I play a lot of Shadowrun online, so I’m also fairly good at coordinating players.” Well, great. The Changeling seems to think this is a game or something. As if some Matrix game could simulate all the troubles real shadowrunners do.

Flicking his ears as he listens to the Johnson, he lets out a small sigh. ”I’ll help take on the children. I’m quite aware of particular attributes I have that help with dealing with children. I do have a car as well, for the speed needed.“ He  quickly offers up a few things to help there, he grumbles something about wishing he was more like a werewolf though.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <05-05-15/1322:25> »
"Voluntary extraction. Hopefully, the extractee knows about that, too." Isaint had to bite his tongue to stop himself from adding further sarcastic remarks. That was unprofessional.

'Shit, it's Prague all over again. Only now I'm on the opp-force' he thought. 'Well at least there are enough hackers around, so at least drones won't be the main problem. But I wouldn't mind having a troggie with me on this run. They are exceptionally good for stopping bullets that could hurt the principal - or me for that matter.'
« Last Edit: <05-05-15/1326:53> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <05-05-15/1343:31> »
Sounds wiz... said Solo. Just tell us what we should know to suceed in the mission. Once you are ready... I can help decking magic and talking... in that order.

To himself... this kind of missions never goes right... but I really need to finish that debit to the mafia.

To Garr: I too play it online... I always wanted to be a troll rigger... somehow it did not work for me... no matter how hard I tried.
« Last Edit: <05-05-15/1850:00> by gilga »

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #36 on: <05-05-15/1410:52> »
Daddy glances at the  dead woman on his shoulder as she Nuzzles his neck before turning back to the J
Well frag, No wonder he wanted so many runners, There's so many ways this can go tits up, that and from the looks we don't have much in the way of Front Line

Sounds strait forward, Do these pick ups need to be done in concert? and if not whats the time frame to get the plus ones?

[color=redI really hope these plus ones know whats going down, could make things a lot more interesting if not][/color]
« Last Edit: <05-05-15/1415:26> by DrZombol »
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

adamu

« Reply #37 on: <05-05-15/1752:06> »

Al looked at the chronometer on his comm, thought about the drive time to Oxford. Looked at the number of people, thought about the number of targets.

He stood up. His tobacco ravaged voice was like a gravedigger's shovel slicing into rocky earth. "Well, ol' Al's in. Cigarettes don't grow on trees." He drained his stein, wiped the scraggly whiskers around his mouth with the back of his hand. "I'll leave the Q 'n' A ta you all damned geniuses. Reckon we gon' need more'n one set o' wheels fer this gig, an' I got a second ride back ta my shop, fit the bill jist fine. But what little time we got's disappearin' faster'n sins at a tent meetin', so I'm off ta fetch her, meetcha out there."

He dropped a tenner on the table. "Anybody needs a ride out, welcome ta tag along now - could use another driver anyway."

He set his comm to display his number AR. "Dial me in, we kin plan this hootenanny onna road."

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <05-05-15/2010:02> »

The albino orc nods at Al, unsure if he's glad to see him again, considering the circumstances of the last time they met.

Turning his focus back to the group he shrugs a little.

"Alright, well name's Snow Crash, some of you who work the Matrix might know me, if you ain't already run with me." Pauses a moment to nod to Solo and Al "I ain't that great at the subtle stuff, but I've got a car that can take a few passengers and I can rumble a bit... I'm probably gonna be best working on the one you're expecting the most trouble, I can provide fire and Matrix support as well as act as a diversion."
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <05-05-15/2035:18> »
"I dislike being told the job only three hours before we need to do it. It makes getting the groundwork done sloppy. Also, grabbing the wife and kids could get sloppy. I don't suppose anybody has any anesthitecs handy already?" Sarah asked nervously. There really were so many ways tha this could go wrong. Extractions were already a tough run to do. "I'd pick some up, but I'm going to have spirits to summon. Shouldn't take me to long, but we need a place to rendovous and enought time to think up a plan for this."
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <05-05-15/2043:07> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, King William Pub, London

"Eventually, they'll patch it. Though.. " he shrugs a little to Solo. "There is also more private servers to play on as well. That is when things get really fun."

At Sarah's question the small changeling raises a gloved hand. "Chemicals are another speciality of mine.. Though I have been running a bit dry lately. I have always wanted to ask someone if a rag smelled like chloroform to them. This could be a good time to talk to the doc."

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #41 on: <05-05-15/2120:46> »
Well at least the group isnt fazed by the time, specially that Al guy, Kinda like him

Hallucination was it? Daddy said turning to the girl I've got a few spirits leashed and ready but my Mojo is more geared to lethal answers, How many other mojo Slingers do we have in this little group of ours? It would be nice to have at least a little bit of everything in each group if we can

Daddy gathered up his coat buttoning it up and getting ready to head to his car to grab gear
and as for wheels, mines no good for groups or Bullets for that matter

RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-05-15/2128:14> »
Seeing the other members nearly fighting each other to take the job almost made Mel laugh. *This could be interesting...* thought the elf as she gave a slight nod to their Johnson. "Alright, I'm in, but I hope you have all the info we need already packaged in neat files. More particularly, I would need to know what the wife's measurements are. And of course we will have to talk money before we get on our way." The slender woman took a sip of her drink (something unexpectedly non-alcoholic) and looked at their soon-to-be employer, a serious but always soothing look on her face.

[spoiler]I know the money is already factored into the way you run your games in your persistent campaign, but I thought you might like some form of in-game explanation as to how this money gets into the players' pockets.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <05-05-15/2159:55> »
"I have plenty of non-lethal stuff. Trickery and illusions are more often more useful than brute orce. however, I can't scout the place astrally. Adept." Her mind flashbacked quickly to Gunther yelling at her

-----------------------------
"Bad enough that nobody wants to follow my path, but you have to be an Adept. No wonder you can't learn magic that well, your a second-rate awakened anyway." A meaty fist had slammed into her face at that point. She didn't take any special note of it. It was the seventeenth time that day, and her face was numb enough from it that it didn't hurt so much.
------------------------------

"I've got a bike, so no wheels from me. And why do you want the Wife's measurements?" Asked Sarah curiosuly to the other elf. Was she one of those adepts that could manipulate their body like potters clay?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <05-05-15/2230:29> »
Solo laughed... "With this kind of notice we'll be lucky to get there in time... Talking about a plan is ambitious". About non lethal - "Killing is not very polite now isn't it..." he smiles at Snow. "Mind tricks, or sweet talking usually works better than putting people to sleep... everything is more complex carrying a body on your shoulder.
That said... it is good to ride with someone that is reliable under fire. Might save your life!"

He still remembers a recruitment mission to a genius student in Berlin... brilliant guy and most pleasant mission in the world. Basically met him, drunk with him... seven beers are a meal in Germany... but 14 are windmill... After 14 beers his world started spinning and he passed out. They carried him in a large suitcase to the Johnson. He got hell of a story and a high paying job in one of the Mega's, it just wasn't the Mega he signed a contract with the day before.

To Daddy and Hallucination: "Maybe it is just my own experience, but everything a Mage can do in the astral a spirit does better... Astral recon is one of the best uses for a spirit in my book. Unfortunately... I do not have anything bound to me right now... nor can I bind a new one in such a short notice. Perhaps astral recon should be done by summoned spirits for this case? The three of us can cover all places... Simultaneously,  and we still get to finish our drinks... no expensive bound spirit services. We can do it right here."

Solo was a mystic adept, and despite not being able to see the astral he felt that he was one of the rare few that can master every possible applicability of magic. He was proud of being one... mages only use mana as an external force, adepts only send mana inside their body. Being both? It is amazing.
« Last Edit: <05-05-15/2259:35> by gilga »