NEWS

IC: Urban Brawl -- scenario 1 (finished)

  • 97 Replies
  • 35537 Views

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #75 on: <12-29-10/1408:02> »
The whole time Stryker attempted to heal Tabby she remained unconscious, but as soon as you start moving her and she begins to float in the air, you see her start to shake her head a little.  Maybe Stryker was not so incompetent after-all.  Her eye-lids slowly open as she floats there in mid-air and despite the pale bluish sickly look of her face you see two big brown eyes which start to tear up as she clutches her stomach.  "My tummy hurts...." she whispers in an almost inaudible little groan which reminds Brick so much of the late nights when the stomach flu would hit and he would stay up nursing his little daughter.  She would wake him up tugging on his sleeve whispering just that.  

As you start floating her toward the door she begins to whisper something else.  "They told me I would die if I left this office..."  She starts to fade back into unconciousness.

« Last Edit: <12-29-10/1440:04> by inca1980 »

Kot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1675
  • Meaow
« Reply #76 on: <12-29-10/1544:34> »
"Oh crap..." Stryker immediately drops the spell just moments before reaching the door, landing on one knee and holding Tabby steady.
"Brick, come here. She's rigged!" The elf almost shouted, and for a moment his will faltered, but he kept controlling the spell which kept Brick by the warehouse windows.
"Dam, i forgot i have you floating... I'm lowering you. They fed her with something." He moves to the office window, to control Brick's descent. In a few seconds he's standing firmly on the floor, feeling like he'd just been in an elevator, with the spell gone as soon as he's on the ground. "Sorry for that. I need you here quick." Stryker quickly explains what happened, and he's seriously worried.

{Status: 1P and 4S(StimPatched) damage, no Wound penalty, no Sustaining penalty}
{Sustained spells: Armor F3, on Focus.}
« Last Edit: <12-29-10/1546:42> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teyl_Iliar

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 837
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #77 on: <12-29-10/1606:44> »
Son of bitch. brick brings up his Smart Jammer and sets it to scan tabby's body for anything broadcasting a signal. Hang on, I'm trying to see what this might be, if it's cyberware it'll be boardcasting. Hopefully this can tell us something.
Smart Jammer search (12d6.hits(5)=2) Nothing comes up brick tasks the jammer to keep looking and keep him updated of any new nodes are dectected
« Last Edit: <12-29-10/1623:49> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1675
  • Meaow
« Reply #78 on: <12-29-10/1624:12> »
Stryker cautiously places Tabby on the desk again, using his backpack as pillow. "We need to find whatever they hid here. It has to be in the office."
He rustles through the desk, trying to stay cool. Through his mind-link he sends a plea for help. "Please, Eternal One, help me find the device that has to be here. It should be connected wireless with the thing that is in her." Sensing the spirit's approval, he returns to searching.
Logic(4)+Intuition(5)=9 (9d6.hits(5)=4)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #79 on: <12-29-10/1636:22> »
As you're ruffling through the desk not finding anything at all you look at Tabby who's resting on top of it.  You noticed that she was a bit heavier than the average kid her age when you cradled her and the bulky thing you saw inside of her that was incredibly invasive to her aura was not in keeping with the idea that she might be fitted with a toxin releaser.  The only other possibility you can imagine is that whatever was inside of her was some kind of explosive.  You're just not sure how it might be wired to explode or how powerful it actually is.  

The humanoid spirit of man upon your request is now busy scanning the whole office also ruffling through the desk.

[OOC: Spirit of Man's perception roll for search: (8d6.hits(5)=4)]

The spirit does not find anything inside the desk or anywhere else in the office. 
« Last Edit: <12-29-10/1655:45> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 837
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #80 on: <12-29-10/1656:12> »
Brick wracks his brain and comes up with his best guest, and turns to Styker."My guts tell me that she's got a bomb inside her. Most likely it's triggered by transmitter in this room. Therefore we need to rip this place apart and find it, Then take it with us."
with that brick turns and goes to the desk pulling out drawers looking for anything that could be the transmitter he's looking for.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1675
  • Meaow
« Reply #81 on: <12-29-10/1724:10> »
Stryker stops searching for a moment, and kneels down on the floor, obviously doing something magical. This time he's drawing arcane looking symbols in the grimy dust covering the office floor...
Magic(4)+Summoning(2)=6 (6d6.hits(5)=4) Summoning a Force 4 Guidance spirit.
Guidance Spirit's Force(4) roll vs Summoning. (4d6.hits(5)=0)
The spirit he summoned appears suddenly, as a shadowy form eluding any understanding, and yet oddly familiar in it's appearance.
Stryker bows to the spirit, like a peasant to a samurai, arching his back, and touching the floor with his forehead.
"I beg for your assistance, Great Sage of the Unseen Way." He raises his head slightly, to look upon the Spirit. "I need your Wisdom, and Knowledge of things to come. I need to know what fates hold in store for this little girl, who has fallen victim to evil. Is there a way we can spare her this fate, and return her alive to her family? What do i need to do, to save her?"
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #82 on: <12-29-10/1743:28> »
@Stryker:
[OOC: Spirits divination roll: Intuition(4)+Magic(4)+Edge(4)= (12d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4)]

The Great Sage responds to you not through your mindlink but in a voice audible even to Brick.  "My beloved student, this is a most unfortunate turn of events.  This poor child.  We must help this poor child.  Toying with the swirling sands of time is never wise, never wise at all.....however; something must be done and it is the two of you who are the only ones in a position to do it.  A choice....a single choice is as far as any of us may see down the path.  Either you walk away or you spill innocent blood tonight with the hope of saving her life.  Any other path leads to a dead end for those our Queen does not favor tonight.  This is all I see." 

Teyl_Iliar

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 837
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #83 on: <12-30-10/0226:03> »
Brick's eyes widen at the spirit's voice. After hearing what it has to say, he goes back to the table and pulls his med kit back out along with his only trauma patch, and his karambit. He then looks at Styker his face blank and says in a very sobering voice, "no time like the present...."
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1675
  • Meaow
« Reply #84 on: <12-30-10/1020:43> »
"Wait, Brick." Stryker gets up, and joins him at the desk. "We have to wake her up. She needs to be conscious. I can ask the Eternal One to calm her mind. But that's not enough."
He looks at Brick, thinking for a while. "We have to do this with maximum safety. We need help. Do you know any medics, healers, or someone like that? They can help, even if just via AR. We can't just cut her open. I can heal her, hopefully well enough. But we need to know what we can do, and how. Can we use a stim patch to ease her pain? Where do we cut. Stuff like that. We need someone on the line that will help us." Stryker is calm. Focused.
He turns to the Spirit-Sage again, bowing low. "Wise One, is the course of action i suggest to your liking?"
« Last Edit: <12-30-10/1030:25> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #85 on: <12-30-10/1150:39> »
The Sage responds, "What I think is of no consequence....I have told you what I have seen and now you must act.  Do you not doubt yourself young one, merely decide and then act.  This is the way of the Spellweaver."

Teyl_Iliar

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 837
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #86 on: <12-30-10/1310:21> »
Brick considers the options, and then calls Anita on her business line. It pings twice before the AR screen comes up with a voice only interface and the automated message starts playing. Brick subvocalizes"King's under the mountain." The automated message stops and the interface goes silent. A minute later Anita answers, voice only. "All right big guy, what do you need?" "This run is going sideways Black, I need a Doctor preferably VIA AR for our package or the only thing we'll be getting out of this office is a corpse."
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #87 on: <01-06-11/2054:16> »
@Brick:
After she hears your brief call for help Anita replies, "Dammit Brick, I'm fixer not a doctor!  If you want me to fix you up with a street doc it's gonna take a little while, this is usually peak hours for them.  I'll give it my best shot, call you back in a little bit."  She hangs up the line and the AR screen for the call which is in front of your face fades away.

[OOC: roll to see if Anita can get doc.  Charisma 5 + Connection 6 = 11 (3) (11d6.hits(5)=3)]

Ten minutes go by and then you get a text message from the Anita that says, <<Doc Watson will contact you as soon as he's available, you owe me one chummer...>>.  After about 2 minutes you got a blocked call on your commlink and you answer it.  The AR screen for the call shoots up and a VR icon of a CGI'd young asian elven woman in a lab coat appears.  When she speaks, her voice sounds like a smooth generic agent voice, most likely a voice modulator program.  "Alright, no bullshit, I don't want to know who you are or what kind of shit you're in the middle of, I especially don't want to see any faces so i've got them AR blurred, but show me who's the patient because I need to see the whole package."

Teyl_Iliar

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 837
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #88 on: <01-06-11/2342:46> »
Brick Takes his commlink's camera and runs it head to toe over over tabby's body twice, so the doctor can assess her situation. While doing so, he sub-vocalizes to styker "Until this doctor hangs up, we don't call each other by our names just general slang names. Theres no guarantee they won't flip us to who ever did this if they're well connected. So lets stay on the safe side got it? I'm gonna let you do the talking from here on out."
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1675
  • Meaow
« Reply #89 on: <01-07-11/0132:30> »
Stryker nods, and motions to Brick to Brick that he wants to talk to the street doc.
"Ah, Good Doctor, we would be very grateful for your help now. We need to save a child's life, and fast. Someone stuck explosives in her, and we need to cut it out. Your assistance and advice would be precious now. And, you get to save a child's life, which would get you an indebted spellslinger who knows how to heal. And i bet you know how much that is worth..." Strykers voice seems older now. And much more steady.
He motions to Brick, that he needs to converse with the spirits, and sits by the desk, going cold for a few seconds.
He emerges in the brilliant manastream, seeing Brick's slightly dulled aura still strong, and without a hint of weakness.
He turns his shining form to his two spirit allies, bowing lowly and thanking for their assistance.
"I will need your help again, Eternal One," he turns to the Man spirit, who illuminates with acknowledgment "Wise One." he bows to the Guidance Spirit again."This is worth to me as much as my life, so my debt will be paid in tenfold." He motions at Tabby's astrally mauled form. "Her life is at stake, and i need to know exactly where it was that they planted that thing in her. Your Eyes on the Otherside would be very useful. And your help, to make her understand, and ease her suffering, as soon as we start."
Intuition(5)+Assensing(2)-2=5. (5d6.hits(5)=0)
After this short conversation, and a long gaze at Tabby's aura, he sighs, and turns to the spirits.
"I cannot see it. My eyes on this side are not strong enough. Please, show me."
Waiting for their response, he returns to the world again, with a silent gasp - his body seems to tire from the journey slightly.
He plays with his commlink and gloves, to add something to the conversation Brick has in the meanwhile.
"I can pay him off with magical healing and services from spirits. That would bury me deep in debts on the Otherside, but it would be worth it."
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."