NEWS

[OOC] Chicago Depths: Rolls and discussion

• 1169 Replies

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #1155 on: <04-11-12/1717:04> »
Rolling to see what the blimp sees as it scans down the side of the building we're on... Sensor (3) + Clearsight Autosoft (3) >> (6d6.hits(5)=4)

Nothing much on the building you're on.  The windows are darkened to capture light and blackened by plasteel soot lower down.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #1156 on: <04-11-12/1721:13> »
OOC any reason not to send the doberman drone down first? I think it's about the size and weight of a dog, so probably not too much different than a small humanoid. I thought with Gardener the issue is that he's like 600 lbs or something. If it crashes and burns, at least it's a cheaper test run than with one of the team or one of the boxes of wine, and if we keep it along it's worth prob a couple grand (or a couple extra shots in edgewise) at least... course I totally understand if Digger's issue is just IC, in which case Jack will figure it out...

You can hook a harness up to it and clip it onto the descender wire.  It'll slide down and automatically disconnect and the nadir of the wire's path.

Junkrig

• Newb
  • know your source
« Reply #1157 on: <04-24-12/1645:00> »
OK, so let's send the tin-dog down first then?
Jack, CD, IC | OOC | Charsheet & Bio
I stole these: Matrix; Subvoc; Speaking; Thinking

Junkrig

• Newb
  • know your source
« Reply #1158 on: <05-06-12/1300:49> »
Still curious about results of my earlier node scan? Assuming dead air except our teams' presence?
Jack is searching for all nodes within range, including hidden ones...

Jack will begin dumping as much as possible off the dog-drone and off Code's old commlink (data, logins, passwords, log files, programs, etc) into a quarantined area on his own commlink. He will also wait to hear Hector's response and then ring up Mike if possible to try and get him on the line, unless there is some objection from Hector to that approach.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1159 on: <05-06-12/1357:42> »
Magic 4 + Spellcasting 4 + Spec 2, F2 Levitate (10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=2) Both spells in his 2 sustaining Foci.
Drain is 2S, will buy hits if allowed to, dicepool is 11 (5 Will + 4 Cha + 2 Fetish).

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1160 on: <08-02-12/1510:30> »
Basically asking for its movement power on things/persons moved by Devo's levitate spell.
Unless I understand it wrong, it can increase the speed at which Devoted can move things with his levitation power (multiply the speed by its force; which is 4)... not exactly sure if it can slow the fall of an ally; if not, scratch that, I guess.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1161 on: <08-02-12/1805:01> »
Using the spy drone to scope out the bug area where the crazy elf is sounds like a good idea.  I'm kind of drawing blank when it comes to eliminating the bug threat without causing major destruction.  Sounds like exposing them to the FAB III somehow is the best bet.  Getting the elf to drop the force field somehow. 

Junkrig

• Newb
  • know your source
« Reply #1162 on: <08-03-12/0102:52> »
If we could knock the elf Holland unconscious it should drop his spell, but I wonder if that would merely agitate the bugs in the process. He could also drop the spell if we could distract him enough to turn his attentions elsewhere... though no ideas on how we'd pull that off.

Jack rings up Mike to share the further vids and info re: the elf / Holland mixup (assuming we sufficient signal). If no answer, Jack leaves trid and a brief message update.
« Last Edit: <08-03-12/0107:30> by Junkrig »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #1163 on: <08-03-12/0532:37> »
Basically asking for its movement power on things/persons moved by Devo's levitate spell.
Unless I understand it wrong, it can increase the speed at which Devoted can move things with his levitation power (multiply the speed by its force; which is 4)... not exactly sure if it can slow the fall of an ally; if not, scratch that, I guess.

Well, it's a combination of body and force, but it shouldn't be a problem to get down quickly with the aid of the air spirit.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #1164 on: <08-03-12/0538:27> »
If we could knock the elf Holland unconscious it should drop his spell, but I wonder if that would merely agitate the bugs in the process. He could also drop the spell if we could distract him enough to turn his attentions elsewhere... though no ideas on how we'd pull that off.

Jack rings up Mike to share the further vids and info re: the elf / Holland mixup (assuming we sufficient signal). If no answer, Jack leaves trid and a brief message update.

If you've got a satellite dish, then you can call out.  Some of the video from Codes link involves the combat the team had with the bugs earlier.  As part of that combat, the bugs tried to knock Holland unconscious.  That would lead you to believe that the spell is sustained by a focus that remains on while he is alive, and consciousness, like sleep, doesn't factor into it.  So, the obvious ways to drop the sterilize field spell would be to kill Holland or to convince him to drop the spell himself.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1165 on: <08-03-12/0659:40> »

Well, it's a combination of body and force, but it shouldn't be a problem to get down quickly with the aid of the air spirit.

Awesome, lemme know if/when Ruckus 2.0 reaches the ground safely. Devoted's not going to descend completely -just far enough to see to it that Ruckus arrives safely- and will then zip back up.

Junkrig

• Newb
  • know your source
« Reply #1166 on: <08-03-12/1218:03> »
Jack doesn't have a satellite dish on him, though Code had one earlier - did anyone pick that up? If not, Jack could ask Hector to route the call through his external link?

Thinking out loud... I wonder if playing back the trid for the elf Holland showing what happened, and then finding a piece of mirror and showing him himself in the mirror and forcing him to see what he'd become... that might just piss him off, but it might get him depressed/distracted enough to drop the spell. Hard to say... and it means sending someone in to talk to him.

Also, what to do about Gardener... he's down on 104 still (I believe).

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1167 on: <08-05-12/1301:56> »
We looted everything on Ruckus's corpse.  I remember Machete told the group to loot everything and someone took all of Ruckus's electronics.

The idea of making Holland face the truth and wake him up from his delusion doesn't sound so bad.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #1168 on: <08-06-12/0114:56> »
Code's dish was lost when he tried to threaten Holland with the idea of calling for a bug-sweep team. 
Sent did enjoy making threats..

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #1169 on: <08-06-12/0416:56> »
Code's dish was lost when he tried to threaten Holland with the idea of calling for a bug-sweep team. 
Sent did enjoy making threats..

Yup :D
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry