Shadowrun Play > Previous Editions

Rules & Such for Previous Editions

(1/2) > >>

FastJack:
This sub-forum was created so questions and discussion of rules of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th edition can be found a bit easier than in the flood of 5th edition questions that are taking place. I've moved some of the threads over (mostly ones that mentioned the edition in the title). I figure this will make it easier to discuss the rules for these editions without the topic getting "lost".

MouthyMerc:
Hey chummers, maybe you can help me with an issue I've been having lately. I've been rolling a lot of neutrals (3s & 4s only or the hits/glitches cancel out) in my games and I wanted to know if there were any rules on how to play neutral rolls. What do other GMs do when this happens? I almost forgot, I'm running the anniversary 4th edition.

Namikaze:
Neutral rolls aren't really a thing in Shadowrun 4th edition.  There's hits, and there's 1s.  If you get more 1s than half your dice pool, the roll is a glitch, even if there are hits on the roll.  If you glitch with no hits, it's a critical glitch.  Other than that, there's no such thing as a "neutral."

All4BigGuns:
I think he might be stuck in the mindset of Old World of Darkness where 1s would negate a die that showed as a 'success'.

RHat:

--- Quote from: MouthyMerc on ---Hey chummers, maybe you can help me with an issue I've been having lately. I've been rolling a lot of neutrals (3s & 4s only or the hits/glitches cancel out) in my games and I wanted to know if there were any rules on how to play neutral rolls. What do other GMs do when this happens? I almost forgot, I'm running the anniversary 4th edition.

--- End quote ---

It means you get 0 hits.  No more, no less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version