NEWS

[IC] Cannon Fodder

• 124 Replies

AffreuxLex

« Reply #15 on: <05-18-13/1702:47> »
-- Ren --

A familiar but distant and echoing voice fills your head.  Thou hast chosen thy path.  Use what is thine and yet not.  The forged bond between man and elf will lead thou to prosperity.

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-18-13/1819:13> »
"The doll's spirit?  This thing is a vessel?"

Ok, enough games, I gotta get out of here...

Cuco worked his way to the wall and began to knock, looking for a soft spot, a hollow spot, trying to discern what the walls were made out of, and he made his way around the room, covering all the walls as the rest of the group conversed.

[spoiler]Perception 5 + Actively Looking 3 = 8 (8d6.hits(5)=5)  half of the dice pool was 6's![/spoiler]

"Unless someone starts throwing ideas around, I'm gonna start blastin' walls...
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

AffreuxLex

« Reply #17 on: <05-18-13/1827:50> »
-- Gustovness --

You turn toward the wall and lean over the rounded edges to get to the flat part.  As you tap on them you notice a distinct metallic ringing.  Along certain points you can notice a slight change in the tone.  Tracing the tone changes mentally, you are able to trace out several straight lines and you are able to deduce that the room is made up of several large and rectangular sheets of metal somehow welded together without producing a single visible flaw.  Further investigation leads you to believe that the walls are quite thick too, at least a couple inches.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-18-13/1832:42> »
"No, you misunderstood, there is no spirit residing in that item. However, it is blessed by our ancestors, possessing some of their power, and able to pass it on to the right person." Puppeteer took a deep breath before he went on. "And by the meagre look i could take on its aura, it is me who helped the spirits bestow that power on it." Slightly hesitant, he took a step towards the other man. "Can i take a closer look at it, please?"
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <05-18-13/1844:52> »
"Yeah sure, no problem."

Cuco reaches into his jacket pocket, and then...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"... how about getting us out of here first?  Can you astrally project your way out of here and at least see what's going on outside?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <05-19-13/0343:02> »
Puppeteer was taken aback for a moment by the rude refusal, but then he answered in a deceptively amicable voice. "OK, man, let it be your way. By the way, both of us should be ashamed, the first to introduce herself was Alex and we still didn't return the courtesy." He turned to the elven woman, bowing slightly while talking. "So, i'm known as Puppeteer, and as our friend here said, i am capable of stepping into the spirit world. Though, how he knew it, it's a mystery."
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #21 on: <05-19-13/0740:59> »
Kyoko finishes her weapons drill satisfied with the condition of her weapon, and re-holsters it.
She looks up to the rest of the group:
"Pupeteer, Alex, i'm sorry. My name is Kyoko, though i tend to be known as Flea.
I'm not affiliated with any of the corporations, i'm a courier for a weapons company and freelance on the side intercepting signals.
my kit keeps me alive and i never, ever let anyone i don't trust near it. my helmet appears to have been meddled with. its heavy and it feels tight and its really freaking me out. you guys should check through all your kit to see if its been tampered with or turned off, as i couldn't find any electronics at all with my scanner, yet you've got commlinks with you. if anyone has some tools i can borrow for a few minutes, i'm going to have to take this helmet apart and get to the bottom of what they've done to my kit."

Kyoko sits on the floor and begins to take the padding out of the inside of the helmet, starting with the ear and neck protectors, and working up to the impact padding along the roof of the helmet.
she takes off the forehead protectors and opens the accessory port to inspect the GPS, flashlight, range finder and visor deployment/retraction motors.

[spoiler]active search, int 3, percept 3, active search 3 (9d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]hardware 1, log 3 (analyzing hardware in helmet) (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/spoiler]

she gives it a shake and listens for any unusual noises or rattles:
[spoiler]audio test for helmet check (9d6.hits(5)=1)[/spoiler]

"whatever is going on here, we're going to need to work together to get out of it in one piece. i get a feeling this 'test' is more to do with how we deal with issues as a group. I think we're being evaluated. If they wanted us dead, like you guys said, we would be very dead by now yet none of us are hurt at all.
Puppeteer, this doll, please tell me about it. What is it and how does it work?
You, the one with the doll, what is your name?"

« Last Edit: <05-19-13/1057:11> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <05-19-13/1116:42> »
"Err... how I knew?  It's no surprise you're a jujuman, what with all those charms and shit hanging off you and your telling me you have something to do with my doll.  I'd say astral projection probably wasn't much of a stretch."

Cuco starts rubbing his own eyes, trying to calm himself down.  He lets out a sigh.

"You guys can call me Cuco... that's Coo-Coh, not COO-COO, not COCO... Jujuman, take a peak outside dude!"

Gustov looks at Flea, then up to the globe emitting light... then back to Flea...

"What do you think are the chances that you can use that gear of yours to reach that lamp?  If this is some sort of a game maybe there's a switch or a lever or a button..."

or more fraggin' dolls...
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #23 on: <05-19-13/1121:03> »
"Cuco, i think i can do it. just give me a minute or two to check my helmet..."
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

AffreuxLex

« Reply #24 on: <05-19-13/1257:21> »
-- Csjarrat --

As you take apart and inspect your helmet, you find a piece of equipment you don't immediately recognize.  Whoever put it there must have had some amazing technical skill because you thought there was literally no more space to fit in anything else.    It takes some time to go over the unfamiliar design but you are eventually able to recognize some base components.  This must be some sort respirator.  Something this size probably can't be all that great but it seems like it would be enough to filter out pollen or other large airborne substances.  There also appears to be a tiny microchip attached to the image link node.  You can't tell what it does but you're pretty sure that if you mess with it, you might wind up deactivating the whole unit.

[spoiler]((The helmet has been fitted with a rating 2 respirator which is why it was more difficult to breath because you had to pull air in through the filters when your helmet was on.  To save time on exploring your helmet, the microchip is an advanced alpha technology image link suite adding an additional +1 to your image linked rolls.))[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #25 on: <05-19-13/1452:45> »
"Wow, this helmet has been given a really nice tweak. someone with a lot of skill has put some serious work into this. i'm not entirely sure what this bit does yet, but it looks like they've put in some kind of filtration system. i only hope my life doesn't rely on this at some point."

re-assembling the helmet, Flea dons it and initiates the skinlink connection. The helmet syncs with her commlink, deploying the visor as it establishes an AR connection.
The range finder is activated and sent to the visor's image link.
Kyoko willed her gecko kit into "climb" mode and tentatively approached the wall.

Knowing this was a journey into the unexpected, flea focused and concentrated on channeling her inner strength, hoping she wouldn't need it.

[spoiler]attribute boost (str). mag 6, AB 1. (7d6.hits(5)=2)
resist drain of attribute boost rating (1):
resist drain (attribute boost rating 1), wil 3 bod 3. (6d6.hits(5)=1)
=no damage. strength boosted to 6 for 4 combat turns[/spoiler]

Flea attempts to climb the wall
[spoiler]wall is 15meters tall, need to hit threshold of 15 as extended test every combat turn, attribute boost (str) up for +2, gecko=assisted climbing for +2 dice.
climbing test for 4 combat turns (12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=3)
climbing test without attribute boost (10d6.hits(5)=3)
flea climbs the wall in 5 combat turns[/spoiler]

Strangely, although she was 15 meters above the ground, the curves of the room were so deceptive she felt she could almost touch the floor.
The lamp was within reaching distance..

« Last Edit: <05-19-13/1611:13> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-19-13/1517:47> »
It might be just expecting too much of moustache guy to use the name i gave. Anyway, he might be right, a peek outside wouldn't hurt. Still, not the way he expects me to. While the thoughts ran through Puppeteer's head, he made a cursory check of his equipment, to see if everything was there. Then, he started to pray silently.
O, spirits eternal, grant me thy sight so that i may look at distant things with thyne eyes.[spoiler=casting clairvoyance]Target is 2 meters outside the room, in a random horizontal direction. Casting at Force 5
Spellcasting test: MAG(5) + Spellcasting(4) + Power focus(2) (11d6.hits(5)=5)
Drain resistence vs. 2 Stun: CHA(7) + WIL(5) (12d6.hits(5)=3)
If nothing extraordinary happens, i plan on making a complete circle around the room, checking the surface of our container as well as the surroundings, then look around at the top and the bottom of the room.[/spoiler]
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-19-13/2221:01> »
Cuco puts his hand up to shade his eyes as much as he can, looking up at Flea.

"See any thing funny up there?  Cut that bitch down if you have to so we can inspect it down here... last resort though, incase you start gettin' tired or whatever... Anyone got a flash light or somethin' in case we get left in the dark?"

Ugh, I'm so gonna miss the UFC fights tonight...
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #28 on: <05-20-13/0548:10> »
"Yep, just give me a minute, gotta make sure I've got a secure fix to this roof before I get stuck into this. I've got a light in my helmet but I don't fancy cutting through mains power to be honest cuco, I'll just give it a thorough once-over"

chikuso, that thing is bright!
Flea instinctively wills her flare compensation into manual mode and increases the dimming to a comfortable level.
Making sure all of her gecko pads are attached securely, she prepares to inspect the light and its fittings.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <05-20-13/2102:35> »
Cuco let's out an impatient sigh.
Speech
Thought
Matrix