NEWS

[SR5] Hard Targets is on the Street

• 7 Replies

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« on: <01-20-16/1150:40> »
My FLGS just let me know that my copy of Hard Targets is in! I am pumped to get this and actually read the Caribbean League content!

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-20-16/1215:43> »
That's impressive considering I can't find where CGL has announced a street date yet.   :o

I must have missed it.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-20-16/1447:09> »
Probably on Facebook or Reddit...

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-20-16/1934:40> »
Well...this is unexpected...in a nice way ;)

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-20-16/2046:35> »
 A bit off topic but how long does it usual take for a book to go from PDF to print? Hard Targets went up on RPG now on October 8 so that about 3 months to go from digital to print. Is that about average ?

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #5 on: <01-20-16/2215:31> »
A bit off topic but how long does it usual take for a book to go from PDF to print? Hard Targets went up on RPG now on October 8 so that about 3 months to go from digital to print. Is that about average ?

So, the answer here will depend on a lot of things. I don't know a lot about Shadowrun personally, but I know a little bit about how smaller press RPG companies work from watching Evil Hat - who are models of transparency.

A lot of it depends on how well the printer's samples match the desired quality of the press. Generally you go through a round or two of sending the proofs to the printer, they give you the product, you say it doesn't "pop" right. After that, then, it's press time and shipping time. I'd expect on the smoothest of smooth times, that's probably two months minimum. If you need to go back and forth, it's going to be 3-5 months or even more.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-20-16/2249:55> »

So, the answer here will depend on a lot of things. I don't know a lot about Shadowrun personally, but I know a little bit about how smaller press RPG companies work from watching Evil Hat - who are models of transparency.

A lot of it depends on how well the printer's samples match the desired quality of the press. Generally you go through a round or two of sending the proofs to the printer, they give you the product, you say it doesn't "pop" right. After that, then, it's press time and shipping time. I'd expect on the smoothest of smooth times, that's probably two months minimum. If you need to go back and forth, it's going to be 3-5 months or even more.

Oh I know all about print problems delaying a book. another RPG I kickstarted is three years overdue because the colors where not coming out right.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-21-16/1533:30> »
To answer the question it has been longer than usual.

Also I'm following Shadowrun and CGL on Facebook and didn't see any announcements.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor