NEWS

[5R5] Excel Character Builder

• 116 Replies

cndblank

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <07-22-13/1058:47> »
Looks good.
Thank you.

Are you going to make Race on the Stats workbook be a menu selection?

TCArknight

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <07-22-13/2105:01> »
RE: Version 0.7.7 -
On the Qualities Database, the Allergies are listed like this:
Code: [Select]
Allergy - Uncommon 2 0
Allergy - Common 7 0
Allergy - Mild 3 0
Allergy - Moderate 8 0
Allergy - Severe 13 0
Allergy - Extreme 18 0
Should look like this since the Uncommon/Common combines with the Mild/Moderate/Severe/Extreme ratings....
Code: [Select]
Allergy - Uncommon/Mild       5 0
Allergy - Uncommon/Moderate 10 0
Allergy - Uncommon/Severe 15 0
Allergy - Uncommon/Extreme 20 0
Allergy - Common/Mild 10 0
Allergy - Common/Moderate 15 0
Allergy - Common/Severe 20 0
Allergy - Common/Extreme 25 0

hannibalisfun

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <07-22-13/2247:59> »
Are you going to make Race on the Stats workbook be a menu selection?

It should already be there but I had similar issue with one of my friends.  I am going to try creating the list a different way to see if it is compatible with more versions of excel.  Just for reference.  what version of excel are you using and are there any other drop down lists that don't work?

TCArknight, I just listed the way I did because I was being lazy.  I assumed someone would just pick an availability and a severity but I guess I should go in and create the combinations.

Hopefully, I should be able to have both those tweaks done sometime before i go to bed.

TCArknight

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <07-23-13/1251:37> »
skills tab: While Lockpicking and Locksmith are both listed, there really should only be Locksmith.
Knowledge Skills tab: missing column for Specialization costs like you have for skills..

Modification to the Karma tab - Add a spot for Resources trade
« Last Edit: <07-27-13/2002:46> by TCArknight »

hannibalisfun

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <07-29-13/0222:01> »
So, just a general update on progress. Still working on getting the excel sheet to generate a character sheet between work and preping for my own game.  I have not had much time to devote to the issue.

skills tab: While Lockpicking and Locksmith are both listed, there really should only be Locksmith.
Knowledge Skills tab: missing column for Specialization costs like you have for skills..

Modification to the Karma tab - Add a spot for Resources trade
I will try to fix the first two before I go to bed tonight but the last comment.  Maybe I missed something in the character creation chapter of the rule book but beside the 2,000 per a point of starting karma.  I don't know what that would be and I think i already included that.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <08-02-13/2005:03> »
Just thought I'd let you know that after choosing priorities the amount of attribute points and special points is off. I chose attributes 3 which should've given 14 attribute points but instead it showed 22/7 instead of just 14 points.

MasterMikel

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-04-13/0512:41> »
Just as a bit of help, I made a front end character sheet in excel. It's hyper crude in terms of what I've done it, but I figured any shortcut you can use will help you (at least that's always been my experience). Feel free to crib it wholesale if it helps the project. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6s2WZ2XUShmMmFJVFBXdzg3ZFU/edit?usp=sharing
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

TCArknight

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <08-04-13/1437:10> »
Just thought I'd let you know that after choosing priorities the amount of attribute points and special points is off. I chose attributes 3 which should've given 14 attribute points but instead it showed 22/7 instead of just 14 points.
Looks like that is because all of the attributes and edge starts at 0 values instead of 1. The initial cost should be showing a - value. Buying it up to a 1 value, will then show the correct values.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <08-04-13/2150:04> »
Thanks! That worked!

hannibalisfun

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <08-09-13/2258:06> »
So, I have been slowly plucking away at this sheet and now I have a basic character sheet that should show attribute, skills, limits, etc.  I still need to build a second page for inventory and augmentations.  It should take Augmentation into account for attributes but not adept powers and no cyber limb averaging. 

Wilhelm R.

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <08-10-13/0249:30> »
So, I have been slowly plucking away at this sheet and now I have a basic character sheet that should show attribute, skills, limits, etc.  I still need to build a second page for inventory and augmentations.  It should take Augmentation into account for attributes but not adept powers and no cyber limb averaging.

VERY exciting news.  My players have been looking for something like this.

cre100382

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <08-13-13/0839:03> »
It says there is no file to download.

hannibalisfun

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <08-13-13/1104:04> »
Damn, I must of messed up the link.  I will take a look when get home from work this afternoon.

Update:  The link is now fixed.
« Last Edit: <08-15-13/0254:52> by hannibalisfun »

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <08-16-13/0128:57> »
Any chance you can make the character sheet wider? The way it is now it looks squished together making it barely
readable.

hannibalisfun

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <08-16-13/0244:28> »
I will look into it.  When I made the character sheet.  I was trying to fit it on to one page but i maybe set up one sheet to print and one to view on your computer screen.