NEWS

a stroke of brilliance

• 4 Replies

DoubleTap

• Newb
« on: <03-04-12/2150:38> »
one of my players, has a side hobby of building and flying RC planes.  So during our game, he wanted over head surveillance, and comm intercept, but the target area was all ready wise to drones( 2 where shot down).  So his techie, rigger, B&E guy.  Uses a commercial of the shelf, mid sized RC plane, with remote.  Modifies it to carry a micro camera, a cheap comm link with signal interception gear.  Low tech yes, actually a drone No, but by flying near enough to the sight, he got his surveillance, sig intercept, and outer lay out with no one the wiser.  I don't have the exact sheet here but it came out cheaper then roto drone.  And sense it was old school radio control, no one was thinking of jamming that freq, or bandwidth. 
always Double Tap.
I'm a engineer if I cant fix it I can damn sure break it. (SSG Brown 12B osut instructor)

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #1 on: <03-04-12/2207:31> »
Smart thinking. Definitely something my baddies will use now

DoubleTap

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-04-12/2227:07> »
i'm in the process of moving, when I get setteled I can send you the right up
always Double Tap.
I'm a engineer if I cant fix it I can damn sure break it. (SSG Brown 12B osut instructor)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-04-12/2349:04> »
I would like this as well.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #4 on: <03-06-12/0837:44> »
Very nice! I have a rigger on my team that likes using low-freq RC cars with remote C4. Sort of a low-rent KE P4 (Arsenal p.119)
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/