NEWS

[6E] PbP Recruitment & OoC

• 187 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #105 on: <11-05-19/1403:20> »
Errr, I just realized that I've not yet read how using contacts for info works in 6th, so no rolls until I get a chance to pull up the rules.  But I have finally written up a couple of Tipperman's contacts and put them into the wiki.  He'll be contacting at least those two to see if a) they have heard of anything major going down in that part of Redmond, and b) if they know any of The Tribe or those gangs, beyond the leaders, that could give us an in. (unfortunately neither is placed to know a lot of detail, but are Redmond based and Connection 4 so may know some rumours or people, and function at loyalty 5 so shouldn't be too hard to get that info from)

https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/pat-billings
https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/wikis/marie-88

Now that I'm started, hopefully I'll get more of his contacts filled out soon.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <11-05-19/1435:30> »
Today I received my German hardcover SR6 core rules - hopefully I'll find a few moments to actually read them one of these days  :o
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #107 on: <11-05-19/1503:31> »
I hope the German version has all the errata in it!

I found the contact rules, eventually, on pages 50-51 of CRB6 (english).
- GM roles connection + connection and looks at the chart on page 50 to figure out what contact knows
- then role Influence + Charisma + Loyalty to see how man of those successes they will share for free

Of course when you consider that Connection ratings above 5 are very rare, and that the table on 50 only starts to give 'some whispers of gossip' on 4 successes, and 'behind the scense familiarity' on 5 successes, it is not actually often that contacts will know much of great use :-/

Anyway, CHAR+Influence+loyalty rolls:
contact Marie 88: 16d6t5 6
contact Detective Pat Billings: 16d6t5 3
  (I modified the write-up for Pat Billings, after I remembered some of my original intent, including that Pat is short for Patricia, not Patrick)

Also, I have a character creation issue:
- apparently Connection levels now go up to 12 (I think they only went to 7 or 8 in 5th?),
- I took a couple of waaaaay above our level contacts as connection 6 -- the highest you can take in character creation (less as 'people I really expected to use' and more as 'defining the character').  But on the 12 level scale they should be more like a 10.  So if Aria doesn't object I'll change Kalanyr (dragon) and Caroline Villiers (the Villiers daughter) out for some more appropriate Connection 6 contacts.
« Last Edit: <11-05-19/1517:03> by Beta »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #108 on: <11-05-19/1527:33> »
Contacts are capped by Cha, not 6 as in 5E... but the 40pts extra can break that rule so if it makes for a good story feel free to have higher contacts... just bear in mind that they will start to expect more of you than you get from them!!

That said I’m happy for you to swap them out if they don’t fit :)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #109 on: <11-05-19/1608:21> »
Doh, I had some edition blindness going on and still was thinking that loyalty+connection was capped at 7.  That is not in the new rules at all ... so with a charisma 6, by your house rule he could go up to connection 8.  *rubs chin* OK, will do a bit of clean-up of his contact list in the next day or so.

ETA: and I just realized that I was still using the old loyalty scale ... and that they have not really illustrated the new scale.  In 5th 2 loyalty was a good business contact, 4 was a friend of sorts, 6 was a very loyal friend.  Not quite sure what the numbers mean in 6th.
« Last Edit: <11-05-19/1621:23> by Beta »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #110 on: <11-05-19/1755:53> »
Loyalty 6, Connection 8 with Cha 6... it was mainly so that low cha characters aren’t stuck knowing contacts with no actual connections but what works for one... :P
« Last Edit: <11-05-19/1757:35> by Aria »

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #111 on: <11-06-19/1813:43> »
It feels like we are losing momentum?  Or maybe Tipperman was the only one who wanted to check with contacts?

My roles are up above, but I added IC around him reaching out with info.  If nothing else after this we can probably cut to picking up the van and heading up toward The Tribe's territory.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #112 on: <11-07-19/0749:19> »
It does a bit... hopefully I've now finished fiddling with the character generator and can focus more time on GMing...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #113 on: <11-08-19/0753:14> »
Let's get clear of the legwork stage (often a point when pbp grinds to a halt) and get on to some head busting  ::)

Any more Q&A can be conducted OoC... even planning could be done that way if it moves us merrily along!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #114 on: <11-13-19/0757:55> »
So what's the plan!?  Do you want me to bump you along to the meeting with the Tribe or wait for any more rough plans?  I'll draft an IC but wait until I hear from you before giving this a shunt!

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #115 on: <11-13-19/0841:50> »
I'd been waiting to see if Gwilym was going to post, but maybe we'll move along without him for now, and assume that he showed up and is getting a ride in the van.

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #116 on: <11-15-19/1024:14> »
I don't have too much to add at this point; the rolls for Matrix Perception and Running Silently definitely went well, so I'm guessing I'd be able to see most icons trying to hide nearby unless you have to specifically look for a single item at a time. That would severely limit what 0day can and cannot do in the Matrix.

If you need perception tests for the drones they can operate as a Teamwork test and can buy enough hits to get 3 hits on a perception test (base 7 dice each, with a skill rating of 6; 7 drones operating as a team would be enough to get 13 dice total). If you're OK with buying hits I'm OK with not rolling up to 7 times, accepting the fact that with 13 dice I could potentially get more than 3 hits on average...

So yeah, feel free to take it away. Like I said, I don't have much to contribute at this point unfortunately.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <11-15-19/1240:04> »
Won't be able to IC this weekend but might manage some OoC Q&A if you want to crack on with IC yourselves...

@ZeroSum... I haven't worked out stats for the hosts but if you want to practice hacking something feel free to make up some reasonable numbers and give it a shot... IC will be severely limited, they don't have much ready cash and who would bother to hack a greenhouse anyway?!?  ::)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #118 on: <11-20-19/1605:51> »
Sorry for my lack of posting… struck down by man flu… hope to be back at it soon

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <11-20-19/1713:11> »
Get well soon  :)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex