NEWS

[Resource][Spell]Pacify

• 7 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <07-07-12/1431:20> »
Pacify (Manipulation Spell)
DV: (Force/2)+2 (Mana +0, LOS +0, Sustained +0, Mental +0, Major Change +2)

Mass Pacification (Manipulation Spell)
DV: (Force/2)+4 (Mana +0, LOS +0, Area +2, Sustained +0, Mental +0, Major Change +2)

[Weapon] Block
DV: (Force/2)+1 (Mana +0, LOS +0, Sustained +0, Restricted Effect -1, Mental +0, Major Change +2)

[Single Weapon] Block
DV: (Force/2) (Mana +0, LOS +0, Sustained +0, Very Restricted Effect -2, Mental +0, Major Change +2)

One of Spellweaver Consortium's latests offerings on the market, the Pacify(TM) line of spells have proven a real winner with security corporations looking to emphasize nonlethal means of nullifying enemy attackers, and has even seen limited use with Saeder-Krupp's Desert Wars teams this season. The Pacify spell sets up a mental compulsion in those who are affected, preventing them from using any weapons or weapon skills for the duration (for all intents and purposes, treat them as being Unaware in all weapons skills for the duration). This spell has no effect on the Dodge skill.

Mass Pacification is an area version of Pacify. [Weapon] Block is a version of Pacify limited to a single weapon skill (i.e. Automatics Block, Blade Block, etc.). [Single Weapon] Block is limited to a single weapon type within that weapon skill (i.e. Shotgun Block, Sniper Rifle Block, etc.).
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-07-12/1639:16> »
how about calling them Gandhi and Cease-Fire? :)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-07-12/2038:50> »
Decent ideas, but a bit cheap and cheesy in effect for my tastes (on either side of the screen). Seems to have a lot of abuse potential on both sides in my opinion.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-07-12/2125:09> »
Decent ideas, but a bit cheap and cheesy in effect for my tastes (on either side of the screen). Seems to have a lot of abuse potential on both sides in my opinion.
Control Thoughts is the same Drain value, Guns, and that spell has more utility to it.

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-07-12/2240:20> »
I guess my problem is the skills blocked by these. I suppose there may be existing spells that -could- be used on those skills but I don't think I've run across anyone who'd consider it.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #5 on: <07-08-12/0735:24> »
I guess my problem is the skills blocked by these. I suppose there may be existing spells that -could- be used on those skills but I don't think I've run across anyone who'd consider it.

You to realize that the extent of Control Thoughts and Mob Mind includes "neutralizing" the threat by ordering everyone you just Mind-Puppeted to put their guns in their mouths and pull the triggers, right?

That's just a weeee bit worse, in my opinion, than making them forget how to use a gun.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-08-12/1239:18> »
I guess it could theoretically, but I don't recall ever playing with anyone who would let uses like that fly. Then again the ones I've really run across would hold to the old restrictions from D&D.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-08-12/1826:37> »
I guess it could theoretically, but I don't recall ever playing with anyone who would let uses like that fly. Then again the ones I've really run across would hold to the old restrictions from D&D.
Restrictions that are nowhere in Shadowrun, making Pacify a much less "You're fucked" spell than Control Thoughts. At least with Pacify, you still have options for trying to resist, although you can't use weapons.

My Characters