NEWS

[5e OOC] Black Trenchcoat

• 314 Replies

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #165 on: <07-04-18/0224:24> »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofn3WhcVJ7nBX9kW8QBjmM0YipjuYwBv/view?usp=sharing

Awesome!  I went with Red Magic, since his big thing is Ravens and Crows, and I feel like the Morrigan would back up that kind of magical tradition.

I just need to flesh out his contacts and buy stuff, but yeah. :)

Opted to wait on the Forbidden Arcana Qualities since it says you can buy them without doubling after CC.

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #166 on: <07-04-18/0234:53> »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofn3WhcVJ7nBX9kW8QBjmM0YipjuYwBv/view?usp=sharing

Awesome!  I went with Red Magic, since his big thing is Ravens and Crows, and I feel like the Morrigan would back up that kind of magical tradition.

I just need to flesh out his contacts and buy stuff, but yeah. :)

Opted to wait on the Forbidden Arcana Qualities since it says you can buy them without doubling after CC.

I haven't thought of Red Magic but I can see it working very well with Morrigan in her "goddess of the livestock, earth and fertility" aspect. Good choice, I think.

Are you sure you want to leave your Magic at 2? That's Force 4 spirits you'll be able to summon. Also, your Summoning should be 8 (Summoning 6 + Magic 2) in that case, not 10, unless I'm missing something.

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #167 on: <07-04-18/0245:21> »
I might nudge my magic up. And Raven grants +2 Summoning. :)

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #168 on: <07-04-18/0304:04> »
I might nudge my magic up. And Raven grants +2 Summoning. :)

Oh? It does? That's good then. I was pretty sure it added +2 Con.

Anyone have idea if there's a mod of some kind to turn a given damage into a shock (stun) weapon? Like shock gloves but, for example, for boots. Or an extendable stun baton?
« Last Edit: <07-04-18/0628:25> by eryrwyn »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #169 on: <07-04-18/0741:54> »
There are some new shock weapons in the street lethal book mate
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #170 on: <07-04-18/0751:30> »
There are some new shock weapons in the street lethal book mate

Anything better than Shock Gloves or Stun Baton? :)

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #171 on: <07-04-18/0929:47> »
Hmmm Well, Blackshade I'm glade you like Aspected Magic, But magic 2 is going to make that a very difficult concept to play.
What values did you go with this round? Look like Skill A Attributes A I'm guessing?

Next blades/swords isn't going to be very effective on that character due to the damage value, perhaps consider clubs(Batons), a shock stick carries 9S(e), which is solid damage, and you would be fairly close limit using one.

As to shock weapons in SL, there is a taser that does 11S(e) #thistasergoesto11
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #172 on: <07-04-18/1010:23> »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DNDec8JlUUTYzxjnaDTQZ_4g7VG149kI/view?usp=sharing

I tweaked him some more.  Keeping Blades for now, as down the line, I'm gonna improve on the damage.

Some of my first purchases are gonna be Dedicated Conjurer and Archivist.  These both, with the current sheet, would let me add up to 3 to my effective Magic score to determine if it is physical/stun drain.  Spirit Whisperer automatically raises the Force of my summons by 1. 

So I can make a Force 6(7) Spirit without crossing into Phys.  :)
« Last Edit: <07-04-18/1014:14> by blackshade10 »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <07-04-18/1033:14> »
I've been working on my Voodoo charlatan and I've got two possible priority sets and I have some trouble deciding which one to go with.

Both are Metatype D (Elf), Magic A, Resources E, but one has Attributes B and Skills C, the other Attributes C and Skills B.

Version 1; Attributes B, Skills C

BOD: 3; AGI: 5; REA: 1; STR: 3; CHA: 8; INT: 5; LOG: 2; WIL: 5; EDG: 1; MAG: 6

Assensing 5 (10), Automatics 3 (8; +2 Submachine Guns), Binding 6 (12; +2 Spirits of Man), Disguise 2 (7), Locksmith 1 (6), Palming 2 (7), Perception 1 (6; +2 Numinous), Performance 6 (14), Sneaking 2 (7), Spellcasting 6 (12; +2 Manipulation), Summoning 6 (12; +2 Spirits of Man)
This but i would dump str but not reaction. We are using sum2ten so you could vary this more.
Attributes A Magic A, Skill D Resources E, Meta D
Attributes B Magic B skill B Resource E Meta D

As for skills, I'm not 100% whether to go with Submachine Guns or Machine Pistols at the moment. I'll have to look at weapon models but haven't had time to do that yet. I'm definitely going with some kind of weapon though as this character is very good at hiding his Awakened nature, so being able to shoot might fool people into thinking he's a mundane face/conartist instead of taking him as the group's mage.

I'd love to hear your opinions, guys.

SMG vs MP, on this character is mostly a question of concealablity. There is lots and lots of good options for ether.
Thinking
com
speaking

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #174 on: <07-04-18/1057:52> »
I'd love to go with Attributes A, Magic A, but Skills D is really not enough to get all the skills needed for the concept.

Magic B doesn't really work with Metatype D for an elf as I'd be stuck with Magic 4 only... That might work for some builds but not if I'm to be the only full magician on the team.

Speaking of which, how badly do I need Astral Combat? Is it worth putting anything into it if I'm not going full out? (Sorry for the questions but I've never actually played a full mage, only a mystic adept and they don't have to worry about Astral projection :) )

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #175 on: <07-04-18/1120:44> »
I'd love to go with Attributes A, Magic A, but Skills D is really not enough to get all the skills needed for the concept.

Magic B doesn't really work with Metatype D for an elf as I'd be stuck with Magic 4 only... That might work for some builds but not if I'm to be the only full magician on the team.

Speaking of which, how badly do I need Astral Combat? Is it worth putting anything into it if I'm not going full out? (Sorry for the questions but I've never actually played a full mage, only a mystic adept and they don't have to worry about Astral projection :) )

Astral Combat is almost never used. 99 times out of 100 it will simply be easier to spell down a rogue astral entity then it will be to engage it in astral combat.
Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #176 on: <07-04-18/1125:50> »

How critical is Elf to the concept? A human with exceptional attribute can hit have a 7 in a stat, sure not as good as an eight but it also gives more edge which can be very helpful.
Thinking
com
speaking

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #177 on: <07-04-18/1130:50> »
How critical is Elf to the concept? A human with exceptional attribute can hit have a 7 in a stat, sure not as good as an eight but it also gives more edge which can be very helpful.

It's not going to work this time as Exceptional Attribute would mean I can only get one of the three qualities I really need (Astral Chameleon, Charlatan, Mentor Spirit). So that'd be a human with 6 only, sadly.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #178 on: <07-04-18/1242:23> »
Will look more closely at the characters tomorrow but it seems that you all are right on track in the discussion and on point with some of what my critiques are. Remember that in this game all damage codes are 4 points higher.

Marcus since you arrived 40 minutes early you would see a eruocar arrive at the back door and a asian man dressed in a nice suite enter the back of the tattoo parlor and the euro car will pull away driverless. The man seemed to have the correct passkey to enter the back door but looked out of place for a tattoo parlor. For the suit think Jos. A bank's top end instead of walmart level of suit but no ware near a Zenga or such. about he 300-400 nuyen range. He was not concerned for his safety very secure in his untouchability that is a common demeanor in mob types, he had an air of superiority to the street around him and did not have anyone accompanying him.

For all the tattoo shop is a typical tattoo establishment and inside you will hear the buzzing of the tattogun steadily at work when you enter. only one chair is present in the shop even though it is a pretty famous establishment and a Japanese dwarf is the artist applying the tatts to what looks like a gang member while three other gangers wait in the lobby. those how can buy 1 hit on a gang knowledge test will recognize the gang as the First Nations the member is getting some non-biolumen traditional ink. The woman behind the counter looks like the woman in the picture of the tattoo shop on page 55 of Seattle 2072.she is an elf with biolum permanent makeup and some biolum tribal work on her arms which is clearly visible with her tank top on. When you enter she will great you and tell you that tattooing is by appointment only since Lou does most of the work himself but if you want another one of lou's recommended artist she can set you up. If you mention you have an appointment at the shop for midnight our your artist is mr. Johnson or some such she will buzz you through to the break room where you can wait.

In the room is a Japanes man in the suit who will wait for Adzling to ackknowledge that the whole team is here before giving he briefing. Otherwise he will not speak and will just sit there smoking his cigarettes. He is missing his pointer finger of his right hand and under the cuff of his right sleeve can be seen the traditional yakuza tatt work. the man is confident and not friendly to shadowrunners though he will endeavor not the be rude either.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #179 on: <07-04-18/1253:09> »
Will look more closely at the characters tomorrow but it seems that you all are right on track in the discussion and on point with some of what my critiques are. Remember that in this game all damage codes are 4 points higher.

Oh S*(&. I missed that one. I'll revise the damages and repost then. Does that include Drugs? (IE Narcojet is now power 19 instead of power 15?)
Thinking
com
speaking