NEWS

[Resource] [Gear] Street level toxins and drugs

• 2 Replies

BRodda

• Newb
  • I create stupid useless things.
« on: <01-08-15/1627:10> »
In my quest to create stats for more mundane things I give you some common (but not very effective) toxins and drugs. I tried to keep it to things that Runners might actually come across or try to use. The last one might be a little controversial, but it’s the one I know Runners ask the most about.

Street level toxins and drugs

Ammonium Chloride (AKA Poor Man’s Nerve gas)

Cost per dose: 8 ¥
Availability: 4
Volume per dose: 1 liter (when released creates a gas that fills 25 cubic meters per dose)
Vector: Inhalation
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: -1
Power: 4
Effect: Disorientation
Description: Long a tool of anarchists and low income terrorists Ammonium Chloride is created from common household ingredients. When two liquids are combined it creates a gas that causes burning of the lungs and skin. It also causes the eyes to water and reduces visibility. Dissipates in 10 minutes.

Rat-Poison
Cost per dose: 5¥  per 20 doses
Availability: 6
Volume per dose: 5mg of powder
Vector: Ingestion or injection
Speed: 6
Penetration: 0
Power: 2
Effect: Nausea, Damage
Description: A common powdered poison it is used for killing small vermin. It acts as an anti-coagulant and when used to treat a bladed weapon or shrapnel it can make the wounds much harder to heal. In small amounts it causes nausea in humans, but is not usually fatal.
Note: If used to coat a bladed weapon raise the threshold by +1 for all healing tests

Devil Rat-Poison
Cost per dose: 15¥  per 10 doses
Availability: 4R (It is kept behind the counter and your purchase of it is recorded. Cannot purchase more than 2 boxes at a time.)
Volume per dose: 5mg of powder
Vector: Ingestion
Speed: 10
Power: 5
Effect: Nausea, Paralysis
Description: A more concreted version of normal rat poison it causes paralysis in animals that consumes it as well as the nausea created by normal rat poison. It works by shutting down the involuntary responses from the brain to the lungs and heart.

Insecticide (AKA Raid, Bug Polish)
Cost per dose: 5¥  per 100 doses
Availability: 5
Volume per dose: 5mL of aerosol spray (when released creates a gas that fills 1 cubic meter per dose)
Vector: Inhalation
Speed: Immediate
Power: 2
Effect: Disorientation
Description: Common bug spray used in eradication of swarms of pests. The damage to humans is light, but some people “huff” if for the light headed disorientation and hallucination it causes.

CheapDate (AKA Date Tamer, Homerun)
Cost per dose: 20¥
Availability: 6F
Volume per dose: 1 pill or tab
Vector: Ingestion
Speed:5 min
Power: 9
Effect: Paralysis, Stun Damage
Description: A knockout drug that leaves the victim unconscious and/or unable to move. Commonly used by people in the club scene to get “dates”. Worse case scenarios are when the victim does not fall unconscious, but is unable to move. Use of this drug is severely looked down upon by Lone Star and KE and it will get you automatic time in jail. (If not a few “accidents” on the way to the station.)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <01-09-15/0119:25> »
You should check out my advanced chemistry rules.  If you could integrate your toxins/drugs with my framework, I'd love to add them to the list(s).
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

BRodda

• Newb
  • I create stupid useless things.
« Reply #2 on: <01-09-15/1139:08> »
You should check out my advanced chemistry rules.  If you could integrate your toxins/drugs with my framework, I'd love to add them to the list(s).

Let me take a look and see what I can do.