NEWS

Putting images in posts

• 6 Replies

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« on: <12-01-15/1106:01> »
I may be being dumb here ut how do I actually add an image to my post. Do I attache the file and then put the name in the image code or is it done some other way?

Cheers
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <12-01-15/1401:43> »
What I have done is use the "attachments and other options" button that appears under the typing window when you go to post.

Be aware there is a size cap that can be added...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <12-01-15/1410:15> »
I tried that and it wouldn't put the image in the post like I wanted. It would only put it underneath the post which didn't work for what I was trying to do
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #3 on: <12-01-15/1455:48> »
Oh, you mean like having the image visible?  That's done with the img tag.  What you do is, you type "img" in brackets, then the url of the image.  Just the image, where it shows only the picture and nothing else.  For example, this would work: http://i.imgur.com/RHb3hak.png

Then, after the url, you type "/img" in brackets.

Code: [Select]
It would look like this, in your box:  [img]http://i.imgur.com/RHb3hak.png[/img]
And the result would be this:
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-03-15/0842:03> »
firebug's highlighted the code...that's what I use. When draft a post, there is a small icon directly beneath the B icon (bold) that will imbed the basic format...all you need to do is then add the image link. Note that the image must be "hosted" somewhere...you can not add an image by simply copying and pasting.

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-03-15/1845:54> »
Thanks guys. It's the image having to be hosted where I was going wrong. I was trying to do it by giving access to view in google drive or by attaching the relevant image and putting the name of the image in the tags. Neither of which was working and now I understand why  :D

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <12-04-15/0705:09> »
Glad to help...remember getting caught up on that myself... ;)