Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

Affiliations question

<< < (2/4) > >>

FastJack:

--- Quote from: Bull on ---Corps have always had semi-regular Runners that they would keep tabs on and work with, going back to 1st edition even.  It was just less common to see that in places like Seattle.

It was an interesting idea, and a change of pace from the regular Shadowrun Style, which I think was cool.  I like stepping out and doing something a little bit different.  Plus it was a way to get cool rewards and to have personal "side missions" for various characters.  In theory, it added depth.  But, it also added complexity to the games, and that made things get a little wonky sometimes.

That's one reason we're dropping affiliations and switching to a vastly simplified Faction system (More on that soon, I hope!)

Bull

--- End quote ---
I like the sound of that!

Casazil:
Factions were always good the Denver style worked pretty well

Da_Prince:

--- Quote from: Bull on ---Corps have always had semi-regular Runners that they would keep tabs on and work with, going back to 1st edition even.  It was just less common to see that in places like Seattle.

It was an interesting idea, and a change of pace from the regular Shadowrun Style, which I think was cool.  I like stepping out and doing something a little bit different.  Plus it was a way to get cool rewards and to have personal "side missions" for various characters.  In theory, it added depth.  But, it also added complexity to the games, and that made things get a little wonky sometimes.

That's one reason we're dropping affiliations and switching to a vastly simplified Faction system (More on that soon, I hope!)

Bull

--- End quote ---

Oh, we just started playing the NYC Missions and I like the idea of affiliations very much, also I think I have to simplify the communication with the specific factions due to very long one-character scenes if played out.

Will you change the Missions to this new Faction system, or do you plan to integrate that in the standard rules??
Just ask, because of planning new runs...

Prince

DarkLloyd:

--- Quote from: FastJack on ---

Bull

--- End quote ---
I like the sound of that!

--- End quote ---
Seconded.

Walks Through Walls:
Prince if you are making a home grown campaign you could easily add your own affiliations to it and get that spice into your own campaign. I think the politics and situation in NYC works very well with this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version