NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Sky

• 160 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #150 on: <01-22-17/1726:49> »
You climb the stairs at the end of the hall and exit out under a canopy that blocks off the drizzle that has been hanging in the air for the last 6 hours or so.  An elaborate magic circle has been chalked onto the roof and a pile of polished black and grey stones form a makeshift altar stands in the middle.  A man stands in the circle adjusting the stones and looking at the set up then makes adjustments again.  He notices you enter and he turns to face you.

Jack looks like a biker more or less.  He's wearing a leather jacket combat boots and jeans, when he turns around you see he isn't wearing a shirt underneath.  He has shoulder length dark hear and a beard just starting to show a few signs of grey.  His eyes are warm and he smiles at you when your eyes meet.  Hey there.  You must be Sky, he says in a gravely voice, walking up to you and extending his hand.  He frowns a bit looking over your shoulder but he's smiling again when he looks back at you.  I thought there was supposed to be two of ya?  You want a drink or something while he gets here?
« Last Edit: <01-22-17/1731:45> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #151 on: <01-22-17/2307:27> »
[Zyanya "Sky" Rivero - October 14th - The Asylum, The Barrens]

Sky nods "Hi, yes, I am. Tea if you have, or anything hot will do. As for the other one..." She shrugs "He said he had a delivery to make before he came here."
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #152 on: <01-25-17/2238:31> »
I got coffee up here, if you want tea I can have Jesus bring you some.  I thought Gunderson said this was a rush job, I even hurried it up and got done a whole hour before the estimate I gave him.  He touches his ear and you can see an earbud tucked in.

Make yourself at home while we wait, I suppose.  Me casa es su casa and all that.  He grabs a pair of pruning shears and walks back through the flaps of the canopy on the far side of the canvas shelter.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <01-25-17/2251:10> »

Sky frowns "I got there on time, never met the other one before today, so..."

Sky grumbles. This drek is starting to piss her off, and she has half a mind of simply dropping the job here and there. Next time she'll make damn sure everything is understood right. In the meantime... She takes the elevator back down to find Jesus and get some tea. When you grow in, a region where good coffee was cultivated, that soycaf drek has no appeal at all...

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #154 on: <01-27-17/0838:30> »
Kettle's on...be maybe 10 minutes.  Jesus says when you get back downstairs.  I can bring it up when it's ready unless you want to wait here.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <01-27-17/0847:12> »

Sky smiles "Thank you. I'll wait here if it's no trouble? I wouldn't know what to do upstairs." she grimaces "And I'd probably be a little jealous, I've been trying to work on a garden for a while now, but here..." She shakes her head "Let's say I only had underwhelming results for my trouble..."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #156 on: <01-27-17/0859:24> »
If you want.  I don't know that I'd call it a garden.  It's mostly just those fucking bonsai trees.  The rest of it is just a handful of poisonous plants like nightshade and belladonna.  They're pretty but they creep me out.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #157 on: <01-27-17/0911:42> »

"Oh." Sky seems almost disappointed "Yeah, I'm not fond of bonsai. Poisonous plants can be quite pretty, especially considering that they're often quite colourful. But..." She shrugs "I'm more interested in a garden that can be seen as a whole, and not only enjoyed for it's independent parts..."

She snorts then "But I guess you don't really care about all that." She pauses, glancing at the kettle, then asks "Is Jack the owner of this place or something?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #158 on: <01-28-17/1646:16> »
Jacks got a greenhouse...somewhere.  I think it's mostly just foodstuffs though...maybe an herb garden.  The kettle begins whistling and Jesus begins filling a press. He puts out a mug and sets the press in front of you as he answers.  Yeah Jack owns the place, let's his ex-girlfriend run the joint though so he's not here a lot. 

You should let that steep a bit, we've got sugar if you want.  No cream though...unless you like it with alcohol.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #159 on: <01-28-17/1757:38> »

Sky shakes her head "Nah, nothing in my tea, thanks." After a minute, she yawns, bored out of her mind. Sullen, she grabs her new 'link, and starts to look at what she could buy with the money from this job. Though... She probably should look at a new home. A better one, and more importantly, one where the bitch won't be able to get into. Well... Not without much efforts.

She sips her tea as she does, waiting for something, anything, to happen. Calling Gunderson to ask him about Ted, Teddy, whatever, would probably not be the smartest idea of the century however. In other circumstances, she would take a nap but... the events of the last few days sort of removed that possibility. She looks at the clock of her 'link with a sigh.

Maybe she should buy some stuff to improve it. Even, if she always has the impression that buying electronic stuff is kinda wasted... It could still be useful. Maybe, one day, who knows...

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #160 on: <01-29-17/2206:34> »
Jesus goes back to work.  [spoiler]If you are just going to wait then we will do Tedds entrance back in Da Bears.[/spoiler]