NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #690 on: <09-17-16/0157:24> »
What's wrong with plaid?  Everyone looks at you, but nobody sees you ... they see the plaid.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #691 on: <09-17-16/0258:03> »
It isn't the plaid itself, it's what it means to me. And it means: "Memories of a strange elf wearing nothing but a plaid kilt and close-matching facepaint eviscerating a dozen burly men with a rapier."
(And I thought Seattle was weird; Denver is a strange, silly place)
No idea who he is or what his issue was, but he had some manifested spirit playing the bagpipes as he..."worked"; meticulously carving a disturbingly accurate plaid pattern into their bodies as they fought.

I stood in dumbfounded shock and silence until he finished, then shot a glance at me. It's kind of a blur after that. I don't know how many miles I put between me and him, and I'm still not sure if it was enough. *shudders*
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #692 on: <09-17-16/0752:01> »
It isn't the plaid itself, it's what it means to me. And it means: "Memories of a strange elf wearing nothing but a plaid kilt and close-matching facepaint eviscerating a dozen burly men with a rapier."
(And I thought Seattle was weird; Denver is a strange, silly place)
No idea who he is or what his issue was, but he had some manifested spirit playing the bagpipes as he..."worked"; meticulously carving a disturbingly accurate plaid pattern into their bodies as they fought.

I stood in dumbfounded shock and silence until he finished, then shot a glance at me. It's kind of a blur after that. I don't know how many miles I put between me and him, and I'm still not sure if it was enough. *shudders*

The issue was a highly personal one. It's better if you don't ask how I know that.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #693 on: <09-17-16/1525:14> »
The issue was a highly personal one. It's better if you don't ask how I know that.

Fine by me. I didn't get to where I am by asking questions I don't need the answers to.
All I know, is that I can't operate in Denver anymore, and just thinking "Dinty Moore" gives me the creeps.

Xirany

• Newb
« Reply #694 on: <11-09-16/1823:47> »
Okay, so I guess, I should swing by and say hello!

I´ve been around for some time, but before I got the urge to actually make an account, I was just one of those "guests" lurking around and reading old, forgotten threads. ;)
(And to the rest of my team, who are probably lurking around aswell, if you´re reading this: Stop hiding and start signing up, dammit! )

I´m still new to Shadowrun, especially since  it seems that a great deal of you guys has been running since 1st or 2nd edition... :P But it´s great, then I can draw on you awesome knowledge and creative powers!
- "I hate that he is dead, for one particular reason!"
- "You wanted to kill him?"
- "Oh, well, for two particular reasons then."

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #695 on: <11-15-16/1604:30> »
Okay, so I guess, I should swing by and say hello!

Hoi chummer!

I´ve been around for some time, but before I got the urge to actually make an account, I was just one of those "guests" lurking around and reading old, forgotten threads. ;)
(And to the rest of my team, who are probably lurking around aswell, if you´re reading this: Stop hiding and start signing up, dammit! )

I´m still new to Shadowrun, especially since  it seems that a great deal of you guys has been running since 1st or 2nd edition... :P But it´s great, then I can draw on you awesome knowledge and creative powers!

Good attitude to have; if you think you know everything, you can learn nothing.
And Shadowrun is a pretty intricate and complex game on the whole.

(I too, lurk and read more than post most of the time)

jugularSignal

• Newb
« Reply #696 on: <11-15-16/1625:05> »
Hey chummers, been meaning to join a SR forum for a while, nice to see the community alive and kickin'.)

Eagle shapeshifter

• Newb
  • ...hi...
« Reply #697 on: <02-08-17/1632:37> »
ummm.. so i'm a bit new to forums but not that new to shadowrun, i have been playing 4th edition with my friends but we only do it once a week and that's not enough for me so how do i join a game here? also do i have to do the verification thingie every time i post something? 

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #698 on: <02-08-17/2253:58> »
ummm.. so i'm a bit new to forums but not that new to shadowrun, i have been playing 4th edition with my friends but we only do it once a week and that's not enough for me so how do i join a game here? also do i have to do the verification thingie every time i post something?

There are occasional recruitments for the PBP games here, you just have to keep an eye open for them as they only come up when a GM is willing to put the effort into it. OTOH, if you want to GM a PBP game, just put a shout out to see if there is interest from the player base. (many of us here don't do PBP games, for whatever reason)

Verification thing came into effect after the site got spammed by a few dozen bots posting craptastic ads to random shit.... as a new member you have to put up with it for a few posts before it disappears. (I think 10 or so)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Dasher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #699 on: <02-13-17/1436:30> »
Hola!

Glad to be here.  Always nice to have people to talk SR with.

See you around.
"Do you know the sort of things that can fall into an industrial sausage press?"

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #700 on: <02-13-17/1534:07> »
Hey there, welcome to the forum Dasher.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

troy1970

• Newb
« Reply #701 on: <03-10-17/0943:45> »
Hello everyone.

Think about get back into Shadowrun, last time I played was 3rd Ed.

A friend gave me his extra 4th Ed corebook.

Question is should I pick up the 5th Ed corebook or stay with 4th Ed.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #702 on: <03-16-17/1024:26> »
Hello everyone.

Think about get back into Shadowrun, last time I played was 3rd Ed.

A friend gave me his extra 4th Ed corebook.

Question is should I pick up the 5th Ed corebook or stay with 4th Ed.

Welcome!

In looking at 4th vs 5th, people tend to have some strong opinions. Both are good systems with pros and cons; I tend to prefer 5th, but YMMV. I'd suggest getting a couple of games under your belt with each (you could use the 4e and 5e QS rules to get a rough feel for each of the systems). The fluff and setting is pretty much system-agnostic...so I wouldn't worry too much about that side of things. If your group is into more of a "rules light" system, you might also want to check out Shadowrun Anarchy.

TonalArchitect

• Newb
  • With Ardent Cutting-Globes
« Reply #703 on: <03-18-17/0012:52> »
Hello, goodfolks.

I've been playing Shadowrun every so often for about two years now and I played a very briefly lived online gamea few years before that. Most of the reasons for my being here stem from the fact that I won't be able to make it to the group that I'd been playing with for the last few months, and, I, I don't know, wanted something to fill the gap?

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all.

knppel

• Newb
« Reply #704 on: <04-06-17/2321:34> »
*casts fireball in the room*
Err, I meant, hi!
Just got back into playing actively recently, using SR5 now.
Traditonally our group's lore-teller, I thought I'd dig myself in some old (and well, some new) books and connect online for the time being.