• Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #450 on: <01-30-13/2232:31> »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #451 on: <01-30-13/2239:52> »
Note to self: Actually remembering to look around is generally a good idea; finding the welcome thread is generally a good way to start off than in a storyline. :P

New player from Sydney, Australia; well not completely new, I've stumbled my way through a story with some friends. But mostly new nonetheless.

Welcome Max!  Drop down to Canberra sometime, plenty of Shadowrun games running down here! :)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Kaiser

• Newb
« Reply #452 on: <01-31-13/0835:59> »
Hey there JackPoint. As y'all could probably guess, I'm new here and to Shadowrun on the whole - I've promised to DM a group, though, which brings me here.
As for who I actually am, I'm an Aussie (a few of us've been popping out of the woodwork recently, haven't we?) who dabbles (read: throws himself headfirst into) RPGs, heavy on the RP side. Shadowrun's been an interesting "what if..." for our group for aaaaages, so I decided to throw my hat into the DM ring again for some good ol' corporate espionage.

Anyways, I won't keep you all. Gald to meet you all!
"It’s amazing how far some little girl puppy dog eyes and a judicious amount of cred will get you."

"That is indeed a lethal combination."

/dev/grrl and Thorn, Street Legends Supplemental

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #453 on: <01-31-13/1616:11> »
Note to self: Actually remembering to look around is generally a good idea; finding the welcome thread is generally a good way to start off than in a storyline. :P

New player from Sydney, Australia; well not completely new, I've stumbled my way through a story with some friends. But mostly new nonetheless.

Welcome Max!  Drop down to Canberra sometime, plenty of Shadowrun games running down here! :)

But... But it's Canberra. I mean it's not Tasmania, but still!

And yes, there do seem to be a bunch of Aussies popping out of the woodwork...
« Last Edit: <01-31-13/1618:43> by MaxKojote »
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #454 on: <01-31-13/1953:32> »

Bah!  Nations Capital, home of political intrigue and corporate competition for government contracts, plus ANU completing cutting edge research.  It got it all!

Sydney... what does Sydney have?...
Perception molds reality

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #455 on: <01-31-13/2041:20> »
Still better than people thinking Australia is exactly like Mad Max, or Neighbours, or a horrifying combination of the two.
Of course it isn't. There's also Quigly Down Under.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #456 on: <01-31-13/2058:07> »
Still better than people thinking Australia is exactly like Mad Max, or Neighbours, or a horrifying combination of the two.
Of course it isn't. There's also Quigly Down Under.

Ooooo.... thats an old movie.  Did people really watch that?

Hmm..ok, movies set in Australia worth watching (personal opinion only of course:
- The Castle
- Chopper
- Gallipoli
- Mission Impossible II (maybe not though...)
- The Proposition (dark western set in Australia)
- Razorback (hehehe)
- Romper Stomper (ok.. perhaps not the best film to highlight Australia..)
- Two Hands (see the movie that made Heath Ledger)
- Wolf Creek

That should do for now...

Any other Aussie Jackpointers?
Perception molds reality

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #457 on: <01-31-13/2134:27> »
Quigley Down Under is still great.  And every time they show it on TV, the makers of his rifle's replica see a bump in sales.

That said - hi!!
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #458 on: <02-01-13/0007:22> »
Quigley Down Under is still great.  And every time they show it on TV, the makers of his rifle's replica see a bump in sales.
I can confirm this, Dad used to know a gunsmith that sold those rifles.  Had one of his own, as well.

This was, of course, before the dark times, before the gun regist...

Oh, right, that'd delve into politics.

Welcome to the forums folks!  Here's me trying not to get the "Welcome!" thread locked!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

BallPtPenTheif

• Newb
« Reply #459 on: <02-01-13/0144:47> »
Hello,

I'm new here. I don't know why but lately my brain has been fixated with Shadowrun again. I played it back when I was in highschool... and I've always been bothered by all the video games that never seemed to realize the potential of the property. Now I'm grabbing up books, making characters and just getting excited about the aesthetic again.

“The human race sleepwalked to oblivion, thinking only of the corporate logos on it's shroud.”  ― J.G. Ballard

Aqukie

• Newb
« Reply #460 on: <02-09-13/1508:42> »
Hello everyone,

I am a recent member to the Shadowrun world. Been lurking for awhile and have decided that it's time to join up. I'm hoping it helps with the the brain freeze headaches some of the Shadowrun world seems to be so good at causing for a newbie.

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #461 on: <02-11-13/0457:40> »
Hello everyone,

I am a recent member to the Shadowrun world. Been lurking for awhile and have decided that it's time to join up. I'm hoping it helps with the the brain freeze headaches some of the Shadowrun world seems to be so good at causing for a newbie.

Welcome aboard  Aqukie! :)
Perception molds reality

dertechie

• Newb
« Reply #462 on: <03-07-13/1744:56> »
Hi!  I'm another board newbie and relative SR newbie (one session or SR3, a few sessions of SR4A).  Fortunately I'm not a complete tabletop newbie.

That said, I've decided to jump into the deep end and do my first GM session (of anything!) with SR4A, since it's the only way I'm getting anything close to a regular game going.  Expect a lot of questions.   ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #463 on: <03-07-13/2201:27> »
Questions we'll gladly answer.  :)

Welcome to the boards, Dertechie!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #464 on: <03-08-13/0438:07> »

Well, you know what they sing: *Terrible terrible singing* We are one, but we are many, and from all the lands on earth we come...
IE: Everyone's an aussie at heart. Except for those of us who aren't. :P

Ok, I'm done trolling Canadians for now. Hang on, did I just say troll? Oh drek*Punching noise* My blood! He punched out all of my blood!
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.