NEWS

Need help/critiques for my concept please!

• 6 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« on: <11-19-10/1557:48> »
Ok, so I don't know anyone here is a fan of the show Human Target (on Fox here in the states) but I'm trying to create a shadowrunner based on the character Guerrero. He is sort of a combi hacker/assasin/badass. Granted I realize that 400BP is limiting but I'd like to come up a character combining his facility at hacking and combat. Sadly I'm hitting a brick wall, and I was hoping some smarter minds than mine here might have suggestions.

Thanks!
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-19-10/1700:20> »
Do you have a metatype preference?  I tend to like Orcs for these all around types, with the bonus attributes for 20 BPs.  Max out Attributes at 200 BPs, and Edge at 5 (or 6 if human).  Nothing helps a generalist like lots and lots of Edge.  Guerrero is a jack of all trades type character which can be hard to do, especially in 400 BPs, but he has a decided flair for Intimidation.  Take the Firearms skill group, and then depending on how heavy you want to be on the hacking side take Electronics and Cracking or just Data Search, Computers, and Hacking to save a few BPs (or Electronics and Hacking if you really want Hardware), Influence skill group, Athletics Skill Group, Survival Skill Group, and Intimidation 4 or 6.  Maybe Dodge if you feel you need it, or you can go with Gymnastics, although Guerrero doesn't strike me as a Waif Fu kind of guy.  Round out with 250,000 in top of the line starting gear and cyberware and add a few Positive Qualities to taste.  You could throw Unarmed and some Martial Arts in there if you wanted to. 

Rough outline:

Orc (20)
Attributes (200)
Edge (40)
Skills (90-110)
PQ (20-35)
Gear (50)
NQ (-35)

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #2 on: <11-19-10/1706:31> »
I'd say go with combat and buy some good agent programs to do the hacking for you.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <11-19-10/2017:22> »
thanks for the help guys!

Do you have a metatype preference?  I tend to like Orcs for these all around types, with the bonus attributes for 20 BPs.  Max out Attributes at 200 BPs, and Edge at 5 (or 6 if human).  Nothing helps a generalist like lots and lots of Edge.  Guerrero is a jack of all trades type character which can be hard to do, especially in 400 BPs, but he has a decided flair for Intimidation.  Take the Firearms skill group, and then depending on how heavy you want to be on the hacking side take Electronics and Cracking or just Data Search, Computers, and Hacking to save a few BPs (or Electronics and Hacking if you really want Hardware), Influence skill group, Athletics Skill Group, Survival Skill Group, and Intimidation 4 or 6.  Maybe Dodge if you feel you need it, or you can go with Gymnastics, although Guerrero doesn't strike me as a Waif Fu kind of guy.  Round out with 250,000 in top of the line starting gear and cyberware and add a few Positive Qualities to taste.  You could throw Unarmed and some Martial Arts in there if you wanted to. 

Rough outline:

Orc (20)
Attributes (200)
Edge (40)
Skills (90-110)
PQ (20-35)
Gear (50)
NQ (-35)

Would you think 3 or 4 for the Firearms group skills?
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <11-20-10/0415:47> »
I am also a fan of Human Target just watched the first episode of season 2 and went hm I want to write Guerrero for Shadowrun.

For actually creating him metatype Ork would work for his character but I personally wouldn't change him from Human. Definitely 4 in Firearms Skill group if your taking them as a group or you could break them down and buy each separate. Close Combat Skill Group 3-4. I'd go with the skill groups for your hacking and computer stuff. Heavy weapons and lock picking. Vehicle driving skills and gunnery. Basically I would focus very heavily on skills.

Also what amount of BP are you using because for a character like that to do it real justice I would have to say 500 needed it can be done lower but the characters in that show are not fresh on the street runners.

Typing this I decided that I am gonna write him up I would love to see how yours is different to mine.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <11-23-10/1156:26> »
Once again, thanks for the great advice folks - giving it some thoughts I realized it won't work at 400 BP. BUT I can at least set a nice base to work from. PQwise I went with Fame (You're GUERERRO??) guts (Nothing fazes him). Some of the cyberware I went for was Wired Reflexes (Duh) Muscle toner and Augmentation (He seems the type to not go for the obvious 'ware, but what works best overall and causes least attention) and skillwires (to better simulate a jack of all trades). Also thought about doing it as a PhysAd, but that would require more skills and treating it as a WIP.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <12-02-10/2209:31> »
Well looks like our GM is going to have us make 500 point characters, so it's going to make building a Guerrero sooo much easier.