NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <11-19-14/1329:12> »
AFAIK, Crumpled never left the van.  Thought he was doing everything in the Matrix?
Once he gets the messages from Sam he immediately jumps into VR  and begins searching for the comms so he can make sure there are no more surprise attackers. Once he finds the 5 comms he sends a message to the others.

<<<Found 5 comms but I'm still missing the deck that I was cracking. Here are the locations...(Insert ARO overlay with locations.)

I'm going to listen in to their chatter and let you know what they are doing.

Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #16 on: <11-19-14/1334:05> »
Sam has been sitting on the floor of the rover.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-19-14/1342:21> »
Noted, thanks.

Next Steps
1) 8-bit: Chino starts driving
2) Everyone: react to what's in the crate, or don't
3) Everyone: whatever else you're going to do in the 15 or so minutes until you get to Aspen

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <11-19-14/1356:33> »
I'll have the agent start running a search for image matches on the oblisk.
Agent's Matrix Search on Oblisk: 14d6t5 6

While the agent is doing that, I'm going to see if there's anything I can do to recover data from my ruined deck, and if I've any other commlinks or such.
data recovery from deck hardware(4)+logic(9)-wound(1)=12: 12d6t5 4

IC post to follow.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-19-14/1405:25> »
@Poindexter: I think I got a little lost going between the IC and OOC threads.  Does Crumpled know that he's been part of "Blue" team from before this mission or not?  Have you shared the info you've gathered with everyone?  If you have (or at least shared it with him), he's going to ask you for some information about himself as I don't see a commlink or any info found on him.

8-bit

« Reply #20 on: <11-19-14/1410:25> »
I have gotten a little separated between the two teams. I think "Red" team is Chino, Ohanzee, Uncle Sam, and Crumpled? I'll do another scan through the previous OOC; sorry for the confusion. Just trying to get my bearings here.

As for what I'll do during the trip, I think Chino has to manually drive, correct? So, I'll probably be busy thinking things through and listening if anyone starts up a conversation.

Edit: Also, I made an assumption that I had gotten out of the car to patch up the gas tank (page 16 of other IC), in case that's causing any conflicting thoughts for anyone.
« Last Edit: <11-19-14/1413:07> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #21 on: <11-19-14/1414:07> »
@Poindexter: I think I got a little lost going between the IC and OOC threads.  Does Crumpled know that he's been part of "Blue" team from before this mission or not?  Have you shared the info you've gathered with everyone?  If you have (or at least shared it with him), he's going to ask you for some information about himself as I don't see a commlink or any info found on him.

I believe so, yes. Although I'll need to go check through the old stuff again to be sure.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #22 on: <11-19-14/1420:03> »
Quote from: Pointdexter; Tabula Rasa IC; page 9
"Well... I do have ONE thing to add to it. I believe Chino, Crumple Stilskin, Big "O" right here," he motions to the dwarf as he continues, "and myself have been a team for a while. For the purposes of this discussion, I'll call us blue team. The four of us met the rest of you yesterday. Let's call you red team, shall we? I must assume if you go through your comm history, you'll find something similar. Given this fact, I'm forced to assume that either red team was hired for the job and blue team is extra work put on by the johnson, or vice versa. Follow me?"

So, there are the "teams". And I got the colors mixed up, my bad.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-19-14/1423:07> »
Cool.  I'll post IC then.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #24 on: <11-19-14/1424:39> »
In my head, Ohanzee is doing this from inside the Rover - mostly because it's cold outside and the team needs to get moving - but that was never explicitly stated.
Yes, he waited until the rover was moving before attempting to open the crate.

Just a reminder to Zweiblumen that Ohanzee would like to have his contacts and commlink added to Crumpled's PAN.

Also, the suggestion was on the table to have Crumpled look into any contacts that people chose to share, if the new players want to see if we can learn more about our past and our options going forward through them.

Moving forward, Ohanzee will see if there is anything else he can gather from his commlink.
Also, he'd like to know if he has any spells or skills that might assist in disguising his appearance. We'll need a place to stay, and it might be useful to stay anonymous. To that end, we need to find a hotel/motel/Holiday Inn that will take credits and not require ID - I'm not entirely sure our SINs are not being tracked.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #25 on: <11-19-14/1430:25> »
Yes, he waited until the rover was moving before attempting to open the crate.

Ah... Oops. I'll edit my IC to reflect the fact we are already moving.

I'm not entirely sure our SINs are not being tracked.

Or, in the case of Crumpled and Chino, we don't have any SINs. So, definitely need a place that doesn't require them.

Edit: Ok, post edited. Didn't change much, just made it en route, instead of before we were moving.
« Last Edit: <11-19-14/1435:03> by 8-bit »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-19-14/1431:33> »
Sounds like we've got is straight but just to be explicit:

Blue Team
Chino
Sam
Ohanzee
Crumpled

Red Team
APB (retired)
Ace
Katsina

Zweiblumen, the signal connection out here is weak. Noise is currently 3 due your distance from town and the heavy snow currently in progress. Given the obscure nature of the object, the duration of the search could be anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-19-14/1444:19> »
Zweiblumen, the signal connection out here is weak. Noise is currently 3 due your distance from town and the heavy snow currently in progress. Given the obscure nature of the object, the duration of the search could be anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours.

Given the other modifiers on that search, I'm guessing that takes 5 dice away from that pool, which would be a fail for the 12 hour put still succeed for the 30 min one.  I'm fine with the Agent spending that kind of time on it.  I can call it off of the search if I need it before it completes.

Just a reminder to Zweiblumen that Ohanzee would like to have his contacts and commlink added to Crumpled's PAN.

Also, the suggestion was on the table to have Crumpled look into any contacts that people chose to share, if the new players want to see if we can learn more about our past and our options going forward through them.

Argh, yeah, I'll update my initial post to make sure everyone is on my PAN.  As for doing the deep search, I'll work on that once I find out about my old deck.

8-bit

« Reply #28 on: <11-19-14/1534:35> »
Following Ohanzee's suggestion, could I make a Navigation roll? We've been using AR maps, so maybe something along those lines would help. Then again, I could see the reasons for it not being useful; especially since I don't know or remember anything about the area.

I could also try a Matrix Search, but I'm probably defaulting and going to lose all my dice to noise.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-19-14/1610:05> »
If I can't do anything with/about my deck I'll run a few matrix searches... also, folks have some contacts on their comms as I recall.  Maybe one of you reaches out to someone?