NEWS

Truman Tech

• 10 Replies

Mustakrakish

• Newb
« on: <12-25-18/1635:32> »
I am running the Chicago missions and I would love to know more about the Truman family, why they are looking for their girl for 20 years? And what exactly happend there.

Also as bonus, in one of the missions there's a dude by the name Tom Cosek, is he part of any story? Is he important somehow?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-25-18/1640:03> »
I am running the Chicago missions and I would love to know more about the Truman family, why they are looking for their girl for 20 years? And what exactly happend there.

Also as bonus, in one of the missions there's a dude by the name Tom Cosek, is he part of any story? Is he important somehow?

This might be of help.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Mustakrakish

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-25-18/1713:59> »
Yeah. I am on it, though I am not sure I will get all of the answers there.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <12-26-18/1253:40> »
TL:DR

Truman was a big corp in Chicago. Bugs ran wild in Chicago, and the daughter was missing and left behind in the evacuation.

If you're running the Chicago Missions, I very strongly suggest you find Universal Brotherhood - Missing Blood, Threats 1&2, Burning Bright, and Bug City and read them, since they are the foundation of pretty much 80-95% of all the current lore in Chicago.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mustakrakish

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <12-27-18/1715:34> »
I actually read the rest of the missions for season 6 and they provide a lot of information about the Truman family. Now I only need to discover who was this Tom Cosek person who got himself super chromed at Tate's clinic. The mission doesn't provide anything about him, and my players are doing legwork. I don't want to give them the info and later discover that he returns in later missions, and I gave the wrong details.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-27-18/1727:50> »
I've only played seasons 7 and 8 of Chicago campaign so I can't speak to the season 6 stuff, or Tom Cosek (who doesn't ring a bell from the seasons I did play).

I am familiar enough with SRM to know that everything you do need to know as the GM should be provided to you in that adventure.  If players are asking questions that don't have pre-written answers, you should be on solid ground with whatever answers you make up.  Granted it's possible that they re-use the NPC in later adventures and something might retroactively contradict what you establish... but A) if it's a home game you can alter the later data to match B) if you're running for a Missions context the players should be aware that sometimes the powers that be hide info from the GM until the GM "needs to know" so pardon the conflict please, and of course C) again I played the last two seasons and I'm all "who?".  I don't think he's someone who becomes important later...
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Mustakrakish

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <12-28-18/0501:58> »
Okay great thank you! Still waiting for the last 4 missions, really wanna know how it all ends.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-26-19/2230:47> »
I think this topic will seem to have been almost precognitively relevant in a month or two...

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #8 on: <01-26-19/2351:53> »
I think this topic will seem to have been almost precognitively relevant in a month or two...

O_o
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-27-19/0108:57> »
I had a comment but now I've forgotten it.

Man, that's really gonna bug me.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-27-19/1111:17> »
*rimshot*

I see what you did there.