NEWS

The Official Scoop on Official Shadowrun Errata

• 223 Replies

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #135 on: <12-08-16/1631:42> »
There's been a long, quiet, dry spell, and I apologize for that.

My day job is at a supermarket, and the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays are murder for us. I've been getting home from work in a fairly exhausted state; it's been all I can do some nights to get my kids their story time and nightly Bible reading taken care of.

I'm also a volunteer for this gig, and I've had a few paying jobs that I've had to deal with. As some of you may know, I'm writing for the new Star Trek Adventures RPG by Modiphius Entertainment, and the paying jobs have had to take some priority.

Add to that the usual family emergencies and stuff. The days have just been packed.

That said, though, we're getting back into things slowly. There's a considerable backlog that I need to deal with, and I'll be getting that posted as well as getting new things started with the team in our little Sanctum Sanctorum. We haven't been completely idle...well, they haven't. Like I said above, the world's been busy of late.

But some new stuff should be flowing by this weekend. Again, sorry for the long quiet spell.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #136 on: <12-08-16/1830:28> »
Dude, take care of you and yours first.... We can wait!

The holidays are hard on everyone, either we are working too much, or not enough, so remember to take some time for yourself and everything else will fall into place when the time allows.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #137 on: <12-08-16/1832:08> »
I'm with the alcohol part of Reaver.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #138 on: <12-08-16/2334:10> »

I'm also a volunteer for this gig, and I've had a few paying jobs that I've had to deal with. As some of you may know, I'm writing for the new Star Trek Adventures RPG by Modiphius Entertainment, and the paying jobs have had to take some priority.

YES!!!! \o/

That being said, take your time and don't burn yourself out.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #139 on: <12-09-16/0854:38> »
As some of you may know, I'm writing for the new Star Trek Adventures RPG by Modiphius Entertainment

Sweet, congratulations! I'm really looking forward to that one.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #140 on: <12-19-16/1253:05> »
At Last It Can Be Told, Part 1

I've made some vague allusions to things that have been going on behind the scenes; I can finally talk about one of our big projects.

Early next year, there's going to be a reprint of Run Faster. The team put in a lot of effort, and there's going to be a boatload of errata. I've checked the proof, and almost everything we submitted made the editorial/development cut and is in the reprint. There will be an errata sheet put out soon, but I'm not going to be able to work on anything errata-related until after the new year; the rest of this one is taken up with family, Christmas, and a couple tight deadlines for Star Trek Adventures. (And yeah, sadly, the updated Street Grimoire errata sheet/change log is going to have to be delayed for these same reasons.)

A corrected PDF will be going out Real Soon Now, though I don't have a concrete date for that yet. I think they're shooting for January for the physical release, but I could be misremembering that; it's been really busy for me of late, so my synapses aren't all lining up quite the way I'd like.

Not everything we've got posted in the Run Faster errata thread made the editorial cut; some things that made the cut haven't been posted yet. After the new year, I'll be working on getting that thread up to snuff, along with the aforementioned errata sheet.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <12-19-16/1306:11> »
This is good news! Thank you for the update and the hard work you and your erratta team have done.

And for sure, xmas is the time to spend with family! (For those lucky enough to do so).

So, merry 'Bah-humbug' to you and yours, and thanks again!

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #142 on: <12-19-16/1516:53> »
OK, cool.  Official-offical errata sheet will be good. 

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #143 on: <01-13-17/1854:16> »
Got any news for the new year?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #144 on: <01-18-17/1123:29> »
Most of my paying gigs are done for the time being, so will go and start clearing out some backlog soon.

A quick note: Family and paying gigs will always take precedence over this. This is a volunteer gig for me, and the only payment I get is satisfaction and frustration...and not in equal measure. I get a lot of email asking, with varying degrees of politeness, why I haven't done anything for a while.

I've been supporting my family, like a grown-up is supposed to do. And I will continue to do that in preference to this. This will be here when I get back.

If that's not good enough, then I don't know what to tell you.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <01-18-17/1140:07> »
Most of my paying gigs are done for the time being, so will go and start clearing out some backlog soon.

A quick note: Family and paying gigs will always take precedence over this. This is a volunteer gig for me, and the only payment I get is satisfaction and frustration...and not in equal measure. I get a lot of email asking, with varying degrees of politeness, why I haven't done anything for a while.

I've been supporting my family, like a grown-up is supposed to do. And I will continue to do that in preference to this. This will be here when I get back.

If that's not good enough, then I don't know what to tell you.

Of course mate! That's the way the world works...... What is amazing is the number of people that just don't get that :D

You know the old saying: "No good deed goes unpunished!!"

Personally, get to the Errata when you can, obviously life comes first. And for those that don't get that, give 'em 2 middle fingers and a frozen boot!

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #146 on: <01-18-17/1203:03> »
As a suggestion I would get an admin to sticky the official errata threads so they don't go astray. :D

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <01-18-17/1256:15> »
That's why there's an index thread. A dozen or more stickies is, at best, distracting.

Quatar

• Omae
« Reply #148 on: <01-20-17/1438:33> »
Of course mate! That's the way the world works...... What is amazing is the number of people that just don't get that :D
I'd say most people don't even mean anything bad by it, they're probably just not aware that this is a volunteer gig and neither Patrick nor his team get paid. Except totally rude, entitled people of course...

Anyway, thanks for the update Patrick, looking forward what you guys will put out next.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #149 on: <01-20-17/1628:21> »
Well, the current plan is to get the updated errata sheet/change log for Street Grimoire then get the one for Run Faster created, then get Anarchy errata put together and submitted.