The Official Scoop on Official Shadowrun Errata

• 223 Replies

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #90 on: <08-23-16/1700:46> »
Okay, in my continuing efforts at transparency with all this:

Nothing I posted today is major, just some explanations of terms I'm using and a couple of typo fixes. We're having talks on a lot of chargen stuff from the "Creating a Shadowrunner" chapter, with able assistance from the errata provided by Black Book and Pegasus. They've also very recently delivered their Run Faster errata to us, so things are going to be getting really interesting.

Most of our chargen talks right now are based on qualities, though there are a couple of other issues coming up, too. Most of the errata from the overseas licensees is pretty clear; most of the debate is how we phrase it (minor translation bugaboos, but we're getting a lot of help from Black Book and Pegasus, for which I am extremely grateful).
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

markc

• Newb
« Reply #91 on: <08-24-16/0859:15> »
I would just like to say thanks and keep up the good work I am going to beginning playing in a SR gem for the first time in about 21 years but have loved to material for use with another game system.

So any errata will/should help if we decide to continue the campaign for any length of time.

MDC

&#24525;

« Reply #92 on: <08-25-16/1440:25> »
I really hate to nitpick, but is the only errata to be made going to just be typos? I may be jumping the gun here as actual crunch could be coming down the pipes, but so far nothing has really changed. (Except people actually doing something as opposed to nothing. That's a big plus which deserves gratitude)

Perhaps I'm just being a little impatient with it, but the errata as a whole has been overdue. I'm excited, anxious, and bordering worrying. I really want this to happen not just for the game, but for the community too.

I'm not sure how best to say this, however is what has come out so far what we should expect or is it just the surface we have yet to scratch?

odd

• Omae
« Reply #93 on: <08-25-16/1445:04> »
Mr Goodman said they are still just testing the water and getting their feet wet.  I believe the more hardcore stuff will come before too long, but he did just start this about a month ago.

Trillinon

• Newb
« Reply #94 on: <08-25-16/1637:59> »
I really hate to nitpick, but is the only errata to be made going to just be typos?

It would probably be a good idea to describe the intended scope of the errata right now. I'm under the impression that the goal is to clean up the rules as written, remove inconsistencies, clarify vague rules, update anything that was changed in later books, and codify rulings and missing rules.

Basically, getting the books to actually reflect the rules as intended, but not to revisit and rewrite rules.

But, I could be wrong.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #95 on: <08-25-16/1642:48> »
It's a valid nitpick; I'm just as impatient, so I understand the frustration.

Barring dissent, a couple meatier bits should go up next week, with more to follow. Part of the holdup is me; I have a life which includes a four-month-old with Down syndrome, and he will always take precedence over paying freelance work (which I also have at the moment), which shares time with volunteer efforts to get a lot of errata for a lot of books agreed upon by a bunch of other volunteers.

We are working on it. Anybody else involved in the process is welcome to step up and talk about things if they like.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #96 on: <08-25-16/1653:47> »
You should also understand that even the meaty bits will come in fits and starts, for reasons listed above.

deville

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #97 on: <08-25-16/2031:16> »
I am very excited about this project and really appreciate Patrick and the others stepping up to make it happen. While I can't wait to see what comes from all your effort, I am already declaring it a complete success because of the line in Patrick's profile that I only just now noticed:

fixing the fixless since 2016

I may be easily amused but I'm going to be laughing about that for a while.

Good luck in everything  you guys will be doing, I wish there was something I could do to help, and thanks for a good laugh!

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #98 on: <08-25-16/2139:08> »
It's a valid nitpick; I'm just as impatient, so I understand the frustration.

Barring dissent, a couple meatier bits should go up next week, with more to follow. Part of the holdup is me; I have a life which includes a four-month-old with Down syndrome, and he will always take precedence over paying freelance work (which I also have at the moment), which shares time with volunteer efforts to get a lot of errata for a lot of books agreed upon by a bunch of other volunteers.

We are working on it. Anybody else involved in the process is welcome to step up and talk about things if they like.

I used to freelance several years ago and stopped taking commissions due to having a sick kid, so I understand completely. Take your time.  :)
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #99 on: <08-26-16/0049:33> »
I am very excited about this project and really appreciate Patrick and the others stepping up to make it happen. While I can't wait to see what comes from all your effort, I am already declaring it a complete success because of the line in Patrick's profile that I only just now noticed:

fixing the fixless since 2016

I may be easily amused but I'm going to be laughing about that for a while.

Good luck in everything  you guys will be doing, I wish there was something I could do to help, and thanks for a good laugh!

I liked the "I write shovelware fan-fiction" one but this new one isn't bad either.

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #100 on: <08-27-16/1513:24> »
Will Complex forms wording get clear up and better drain code? Maybe putting them in groups for specialty (magic users get specilty groups, tms got to do specialty per complex form.)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #101 on: <08-27-16/2155:02> »
Will Complex forms wording get clear up and better drain code? Maybe putting them in groups for specialty (magic users get specilty groups, tms got to do specialty per complex form.)

Considering that they are working on a Technomancer book, I'm guessing that most items like that will be in that new book.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #102 on: <08-27-16/2320:46> »
Yeah, if it's still on the table that is.

Hi! I haven't introduced myself, but I'm Amy Veeres, a freelancer with Catalyst. I've written some stuff for Chrome Flesh and a new book in the 10 ______s series, but this thread is about something you'll see from me either late this year or early next, a book entirely about Technomancers!

It dates from 28 May 2015, and was the only message from the author on the boards.
So better fix what can (and should) be fixed where it is relevant, and not wait for some hypothetical book, which some might not buy anyway, but would still like to get to play TMs with not-so-horrible rules.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <08-28-16/0057:32> »
Yeah, we're going to be looking at technomancers shortly.

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #104 on: <08-28-16/0320:20> »
i was thinking that i should of ask if the tm fix would be here or the new book but it looks like.     I was too sleeply and forgot. Any way, thx for letting us know.