NEWS

Can Dragons Get Cyberware?

• 48 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <08-01-11/1043:23> »
Sorta-kinda-not really.  Dragons perceive far more than metahumans do, and ASIST is designed with humans in mind...  Possibly metahumans as well.  Certainly not dragons.

At least with the one-remove, it doesn't feel like everything is bland, or that they just had been crippled in a sense or three.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« Reply #31 on: <08-01-11/1623:09> »
So how about that Drone Dragon?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #32 on: <08-01-11/1708:08> »
I know magically active Vampires have this vicious cycle of having to increase their Magic attribute over and over just to stay ahead of their constant Essence loss.
I'll have to double-check a couple things, but I don't think it's quite as vicious a circle as it might at first appear. Not to say it's not a bitch, but I don't think it's quite that bad...I'll try to get back to you soonish on this one.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <08-01-11/1715:37> »
I know magically active Vampires have this vicious cycle of having to increase their Magic attribute over and over just to stay ahead of their constant Essence loss.
I'll have to double-check a couple things, but I don't think it's quite as vicious a circle as it might at first appear. Not to say it's not a bitch, but I don't think it's quite that bad...I'll try to get back to you soonish on this one.

Vampires can get Essence 12 and magic only goes down if Essence<Magic afaik

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #34 on: <08-01-11/2128:59> »

And, because they have the Essence Loss weakness, they lose 1 point of Essence every lunar cycle.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <08-01-11/2136:32> »

And, because they have the Essence Loss weakness, they lose 1 point of Essence every lunar cycle.

Yeah I just mean try to keep your essence>Magic

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #36 on: <08-02-11/0116:05> »
As a side note, there are sapient, magically active creatures that can have Cyberware

Drakes and Shapeshifters for example, can get Cyberware (as outlined in Runner's Companion), but the 'ware is not available when they shift from their natural form.

Ergo, a Drake PC can have Cyberware a go-go in natural Human form, but it is magically disabled and inert when in Drake form.
Also, Shapeshifers can get Cyber/Bio in their natural ANIMAL form, but it goes all inert and useless when Shapechanged into a metahuman

So, seeing as the precendent is set for magical creatures to have cyberware (and Dragons have certainly had some minor work publicly done), it's certainly possible. However when dragon Shifts into human-talky mode, all implanted ware goes intert

Note: This is probably a good thing, can you imagine the size of the ware required for a dragon's wired reflexes?! Now imagine a 20' Cyber-spinal cord sticking out of a human-sized flesh-puppet.... ooey-gooey to say the least...
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #37 on: <08-02-11/1113:49> »
Wouldn't Shapeshifters "Heal" the cybernetics out of their own bodies?  IIRC, fillings in one character popped out after being put in.

Unless, and this is nasty, they're made of a silver alloy!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <08-02-11/1748:09> »
Wouldn't Shapeshifters "Heal" the cybernetics out of their own bodies?  IIRC, fillings in one character popped out after being put in.

Unless, and this is nasty, they're made of a silver alloy!
Critters with Regeneration (eg Vampires) can still get cyberware implants, but it must be Delta-ware (or else it does indeed get painfully 'Healed' out of their system)

However nice, expensive, customised Deltaware will stick around.

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <08-02-11/1831:40> »
Critters with Regeneration (eg Vampires) can still get cyberware implants, but it must be Delta-ware (or else it does indeed get painfully 'Healed' out of their system)

However nice, expensive, customised Deltaware will stick around.

That just implies all sorts of nastiness to be.  <begins pondering the very capable aide de campe to a Great Dragon>
It's not the man with the gun that gets you.  It's the three bullets he fired that tore through you vital organs that's killed you.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #40 on: <08-02-11/1832:23> »
"This thing is so much a part of my system now, it heals itself!"  "But...  It's a cyberarm."  "Look, Delta Clinics are almost as much magic healing processes as medical ones.  Don't ask stupid questions."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <08-02-11/1914:58> »
"This thing is so much a part of my system now, it heals itself!"  "But...  It's a cyberarm."  "Look, Delta Clinics are almost as much magic healing processes as medical ones.  Don't ask stupid questions."

ShapeshifterPC in human form: Doc, I need you to check out my grapple-claw

Doc: *runs a cyber-scanner over the human*
                  You don't have a cyber-claw, go away
Shapeshifter-PC: *Shifts to bear form, rears up on hind legs and points to 3' chrome paw with 5" claws*

Doc: Yeah, I'm  not sure I can fix that
       *runs screaming*
« Last Edit: <08-02-11/1938:47> by Charybdis »

Phreak Commandment V:

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #42 on: <08-02-11/1923:24> »
"Damnit, Chewie!  We loose more Street Doc contacts like that."

"Rawr-rorrah."

"Yes, yes, I know you're sorry."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <08-02-11/1937:38> »
"Damnit, Chewie!  We loose more Street Doc contacts like that."

"Rawr-rorrah."

"Yes, yes, I know you're sorry."
I don't think Chewie and Harrison are talking anymore....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTtMdXAazs

Phreak Commandment V:

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <08-02-11/1944:22> »

I don't think Chewie and Harrison are talking anymore....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTtMdXAazs

I love that vid