NEWS

The Calendar

• 9 Replies

Thanos007

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« on: <05-14-16/1652:26> »
I have read this section over many times and I still don't get how the mission calendar works. Anyone want to take a shot at explaining it to me?

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #1 on: <05-14-16/2059:56> »
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21126.msg379834#msg379834

This post shows how one of my friends has his calendar, he also goes into it a bit on how he has it setup further on the thread.

Thanos007

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-15-16/0719:14> »
Do player calendars need to "sync up"? Do the need to match? Or is it just how you, as the player, have used your time?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-15-16/0955:53> »
The calendar is character specific; the only time it needs to sync up is if a group of players share a lifestyle, as far as I can remember.

So, run a mission, mark off a week on the calendar with the name of the mission. Then, take as much downtime as you want in increments of weeks (i.e. if you only spend one day training a Rating 1 skill, you still use a whole week).

Thanos007

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-15-16/1022:47> »
Thanks! That clears things up for me! :)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-16-16/0045:45> »
The calendar is character specific; the only time it needs to sync up is if a group of players share a lifestyle, as far as I can remember.

So, run a mission, mark off a week on the calendar with the name of the mission. Then, take as much downtime as you want in increments of weeks (i.e. if you only spend one day training a Rating 1 skill, you still use a whole week).

That said, you can do multiple short things (X Hours/Days) things in the same week, so long as they don't total up to more than a week.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-04-18/1509:17> »
What happens if you happen to burn through an entire calendar in a single SRM Season?  Is that character out of play until you can begin a new calendar in the next season, or do you just start a new calendar immediately even if season isn't over?
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-04-18/1721:17> »
Your Calendar is not tied to the season. You use the Calendar to track your time so that things based on time don't become trivialized (Lifestyle, addiction, etc).

So yeah, when you complete a full calendar year you start a new one. You don't start a new calendar with seasons, and in fact, you can (technically) play any missions in any order.

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <03-27-18/1425:40> »
So I don't need to play the Seasons in Order?

I thought I did... I thought the only modules I could play out of order was the CPMs, Prime Missions, etc...

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #9 on: <03-27-18/1936:46> »
So I don't need to play the Seasons in Order?

I thought I did... I thought the only modules I could play out of order was the CPMs, Prime Missions, etc...

No, you do not.  It is recommended you do, because of possible plot spoilers, but you do not have to.