NEWS

[SDS IC] Tri Tri Again

• 336 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #330 on: <07-09-16/0611:25> »
Tanya looks around at the rest then replies.  >>Earlybird, how far can you pull back and still see the safehouse?  We are trying to set up a team surveillance but need you on-station until we can get someone there.  How much flight time do you have left in that thing before you need to return for fuel?<<

She then looks back at the others.  "We probably do not have much time to make a decision here.  I am for tagging them and keeping eyes on their location.  By the way, our employer does not recognize the face."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Seņor T

• Newb
« Reply #331 on: <07-12-16/0008:06> »
"Wait a minute," Cal chimes in. "They're gonna see that tracker on the van when they sweep it. They did just have a botched mission, after all. And when they do... depending on how important their safehouse is to their operations, they're either gonna abandon it and go to ground or reinforce their defenses... physical, cyber, magical... and they're gonna do their best to figure out who and where we are. And if they do stay put, they're gonna know we're gonna try to stake them out, so we'll need to be real careful. They catch one of us tryin' to peek up their skirt and it ain't gonna be pretty." He thinks for a moment, then looks to Tanya. "Tanya, might want to see if NiNi knows anything about the location?"

After waiting for her reply, he looks to Kumiho. "Any chance their gonna be able to trace us back using the signal that tracker's sending out?"
« Last Edit: <07-12-16/0020:55> by Seņor T »
Thought   "Speech"   <<Matrix>>   Astral

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #332 on: <07-12-16/0159:51> »
Tanya nods.  "Good idea, Cal.  I will send her the address and see if she knows anything.  At the same time, perhaps Kumiho can do some research on it and see if there is a record of ownership.  >>Ni Ni.  Tanya here.  We have the address of the place the attackers went to ground.  I am sending it to you to see if you can find out any information about it.<<

"OK.  Message sent to Ni Ni.  I agree with Cal that we have to be safe, but at the same time I do not think we can just let them vanish, either."

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #333 on: <07-15-16/1308:08> »
<<Not on our radar.  Probably runners, you might know of anyone in that line of work that could shine a light on things?  I could reach out but your friends might get a better response than I might.>>

Kumiho shakes his head.  "I burned it when they got home, they might find it on a physical look but not in the matrix."
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #334 on: <07-16-16/1518:41> »
Tanya considers her list of contacts then nods as she settles on one.  >>Saint James.  This is Tanya Marisart.  I hope that you are well.  Still waiting to hear if what we turned up for you will help us get closer to what happened to Lyle.  Please remember that there are several of us that would like to know.  I do have another issue, though, that I would like to ask about.  I am currently interested in a man that has something to do with a case I am on.  Please look at the attached pictures and see if you might know him.  I would appreciate any assistance you can give me in this matter.  Thank you in advance.<<

She turns back to the others.  "I have sent a message off to a man I know.  Is there anyone that any of the rest of you know that we can contact that might be able to help identify this man?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #335 on: <08-06-16/1323:12> »
Tanya gets a return message rather quickly.  >>Tanya Marisart.  Of course I remember you.  How are you doing?  I cannot say that I know the man immediately, but there is something familiar about him.  Let me think on it and get back to you.  And I may be contacting you later over something that has come up about the investigation into Lyle's death.  Interested?<<

>>Of course I am interested.  And so are others of his friends.  Just call and set something up if you want to meet.<<

Tanya looks at the others.  "That was quick.  My contact says there is something familiar about the man in the snap.  He will get back to us when he figures it out.  In the meantime, I guess it is lying low for a bit while we let our various contacts do some leg work.  I am still in favor of putting eyes on the location.  Any objections?"

If no one says anything, she begins making preparations for changing her outward appearance as best she can in preparation for leaving.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #336 on: <08-11-16/0350:30> »
When she is ready, Tanya looks at the others.  "The section of town the safe house is in lends itself to supporting my actions.  I will take the bike to within a few blocks then send it somewhere else, close enough to call if I need to leave, but not close enough to attract any attention.  I will pick up area appropriate clothing and some cheap booze on the way and then plop down near the building.  See, there is a group of homeless people at a burn barrel half a block away that I can mingle with.  I know the language they speak and can manage to fit in.  I have done it before.  Earlybird, can you stay on location long enough for me to get into position?"

"Sure thing.  A fight between some gangers broke out in the street about three blocks away and I am hanging out and broadcasting an ID from a news feed as I hover over the area.  I am going to need to roll up to the gas pump soon, though, so don't take too much time getting here.  If I don't leave this spot in about forty-five minutes, I will be landing on a roof and someone can bring me some go-juice.  And I don't much like the look of some of these roofs out here."

Tanya smiles at the mental picture.  "And Kumiho, could you station a drone near me?  Go for a bit away but not so far that you cannot see me.  We want to make it tough for them to spot your icon.  I will be going wireless off once I ditch the bike so will be dark.  I can bring it back up if something develops.  Questions?"

Chance looks at Tanya and says, "Any room on this stake out for two?  I have some skills blending in and can be useful if something goes wrong."

Tanya considers the pros and cons of this idea then nods.  "OK.  Two it is.  Calico, Kumiho, and Cal can move to the location I am marking on our maps.  You can monitor our progress from there and still be only a few minutes away.  Earlybird can go top off his fuel and get back in the air.  We will probably need your eyes if they make a break for it.  Is everyone OK with this?  If not, say something and we can adapt the plan."