NEWS

Sins of the Fathers [IP] - A Side Quest

• 591 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #555 on: <06-27-16/2205:26> »
The troll was actually rather surprised the distraction worked so well.   Passing off the live lobster as if it came from the pot proved effortless with Krestov's motions, and he watched Torrent maneuver it to cause the identifying episode.  As things settled and the plan went together, Krestov avoided eye contact with any other worker as he dropped another one of the shelled creatures into the boiling water.

"Understood.  Will be ready"

Using his cybereyes' peripherals, he kept his ally and mark in view as best he can, while still avoiding the shouting cries of his supervisor.  He got the feeling that if it was to happen, his role would be needed soon...

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #556 on: <06-29-16/0446:50> »
[spoiler]Spoof message: 17d6t5 6
Is she allowed to leave the kitchens? I assume changing my appearance is not sensible, as she will wear a uniform?[/spoiler]

<Verres@Eliza <Sorry to disturb you. I really need to talk to you. Please come to the media room as fast as you can. I'm waiting there.>

bnc shortly waits for a potential reply. If she answers, bnc will try to prevent the message from being sent. After that, she leaves her meat body and heads to the media room.

Done. Pointy-ears: by mimicking Elizas voice you can command the drones. Do you need a voice probe?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #557 on: <06-29-16/0733:31> »
[spoiler]
Spoof goes through, but you still have to crack the databomb.
Crack Databomb: 13d6t5 5
Resist: 14d6t5 4
You made it.
Edit File: 14d6t5 6
Resist: 15d6t5 4

bnc is also a server and allowed to leave the kitchen, but since you all don't want to keep your jobs, you are of course free to sneak up the (back)stairs. Just get rid of your armbands.

[/spoiler]

bnc had not only managed to crack the data bomb protection to view the file, but also to enter a new super-user with a few simple commands usable by anyone:
Simon says Shut down
Simon says ignore who I'm pointing at
Simon says shoot who I'm pointing at
Simon says move where I'm pointing at

To use Eliza's voice there were more options, but every statement had to open with "Listen Drone no.#" and end with "Now".

Eliza's reply was short, but she managed to intercept it: <<Ok, but I don't appreciate it that you sneaked in here. I'll be up in five minutes.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #558 on: <06-29-16/1025:38> »
"Block her comms. I don't want Verres explaining that he didn't sneak into anything"

Slobbertooth took a deep breath and prepared himself for whatever awaited him.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #559 on: <06-30-16/1028:52> »
I already did. That is, I deleted her outgoing message to Verres. I don't want it shut down completely, lest she gets wary. She's on her way. We'll both be up in five minutes."
bnc quickly checks her overwatch status, then returns to her meat body, if the result is not yet alarming. To be sure, she loads Fly on the Wall, before she leaves the restroom. She leaves her wristband at the sink before she heads up to the media room. In the meanwhile, she's constantly online, watching Eliza's commlink activity careful, ready to intervene at any time.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #560 on: <06-30-16/1056:29> »
bnc was the first to make her way up. Consequently she was also the first to encounter one of the guardians. "Stop - you are not authorized to enter this part of the house..."
but a quick "Simon says ignore me" took care of the drone and its buddy coming around the corner. This way she made it up to the media room.

The room was decorated in a Victorian style with much wood paneling, countless nick-nags along the walls and a very comfy looking love chair/couch combo opposite an old fashioned but nonetheless gigantic trideo screen. It took her only a second to find the controls to close the shutters, turning the room pitch black until the small guiding lights came on.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #561 on: <07-01-16/0434:08> »
First come, first serve, thinks bnc and makes herself comfortable in the love chair. She then looks for any security sensors or anything of the sort in the room. Once she's sure the room is clear, she again focusses on her team's and Eliza's commlink.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #562 on: <07-01-16/0854:50> »
Slobbertooth arrived after bnc, after using her commands to bypass the security drones. He simply stood in the corner of the room that the door opened into, doing his best Batman impression.
« Last Edit: <07-01-16/0857:45> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #563 on: <07-06-16/1606:28> »
Slobbertooth hadn't closed the door for more than ten seconds when it opened again and against the light background the silhouette of Eliza Thorin became visible for a moment before the door closed.
Her hand groped for the light switch as she said: "Ok, what's so important that you come here yourself?"
The light flicked on and she became aware of Slobbertooth. "Oh..." was all she could say...

[spoiler]
Eliza Ini: Ini: 8+1d6 14

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #564 on: <07-06-16/2227:58> »
[spoiler]Initiative: 4d6+13 25
Complex: Push the Limit Subdue Unarmed Attack [9] Agility 7-1+3 Edge: 8d6h5 6 +strength 5 for a total of 11 to beat her physical limit and subdue. I'll proceed with the assumption that I did[/spoiler]

Slobbertooth's arms struck out grabbing Eliza by the collar  and shoulder and throwing her up against the wall. One hand went to grab the wrist of her arm reaching for her commlink and another covered her mouth as he closed the door with his foot.

"First you are going to calm down. Then you are going to hand me your commlink. Then you are going to take a seat in that chair over there. Then you and I are going to have a nice, calm, conversation as my friend over there records it.

"Do we have an understanding?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #565 on: <07-07-16/0212:57> »
It followed the usual, she tried to scream, Slobber pressed her mouth shut, she tried to bite, Slobber hurt her arm.
But in the end he had removed the commlink and panic button and deactivated them completely. Eliza set in the chair with murder in her eyes.
"You made a big mistake coming to our house. You can't hope to escape. Give yourself up before you do worse than just trespassing."
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #566 on: <07-07-16/0755:53> »
Slobbertooth pulled out a chair and sat down, drawing his Ruger and resting it on his lap. He spoke softly but condescendingly.

"Yes I'm sure that at any moment Verres's special agent we surely don't know about, but is already being dealt with, will come up here and save you. I'm sure that Verres will be sending his two assassins, the ones you hired to kill Zelda and William Willows, that we neutralized weeks ago. I'm sure Verres will be coming to save you, now that you can't contact him. I'm sure you security is going to turn out in droves and stop us, now that we control it.

"Before all that sure happens, why don't tell me what you know about Captain Verres, and his real job a wetwork fixer for the rich and famous. You can start with your contract on the Willows family."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #567 on: <07-07-16/0841:57> »
She glanced at bnc to see whether she really was recording. A steely glint appeared in her eyes as she processed this new information:
"Oh, I see. You are a bunch of crack pot conspiracy theorists. Just for the record: There is no murder conspiracy. Commander Verres is a close friend of the family and an upstanding member of the Seattle Lone Star Division..."
She stopped as Slobbertooth cocked the Ruger aiming at her knee cap.
"No, stop, please. There is no need for violence. I'm sure we can come to a mutually beneficial solution for both sides. Stop recording and I tell you what I know..."
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #568 on: <07-07-16/1110:40> »
Slobbertooth tilted his head and looked over his glasses at her. "The two assassins already 'provided' us with the files incriminating you and Verres, so if you can stop pretending otherwise and save us all some time."

"If you don't want to tell us anything, you can simply send us the files you have that would further incriminate Verres. I am curious as to the motive for killing former employees of your husband's company after a sale, but it's not why we're here."

bnc. Do make sure I'm not in frame during this conversation."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #569 on: <07-07-16/1211:11> »
"Ah, I see. I certainly won't give you info on Verres. A blackmailer will always try to use the leverage he has to get you hooked even more.
Of course I don't know anything pertaining to the death of Mr. Willows, but I do know he was just that:  A little black mailing scumbag trying to sabotage the sale of the company, just so that he and his cronies could keep their worthless jobs. I never reported this crime to the police after he was killed, presumably by his criminal friends, but he had learned of the sale and tried to interfere with our stock-buy-back. And all because we made a fair offer with the current market value to get back the employee benefit stocks.
He had the temerity to make the sale public if we didn't guarantee those jobs would be kept after the buy-out. Of course that would have led to the stocks gaining enormous interest from the market, making it extremely unprofitable to buy them back.
I'm sure he just wanted to stall the deal to cheaply buy more stock himself through the criminals he no-doubt was working for, just to release the info and cash in on the stock, hurting his own company."
talk think matrix