NEWS

Darker and Edgier Chapter 1: Prelude OOC and Introduction.

• 258 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #240 on: <01-21-17/1422:43> »
Well let's not make a big deal out of it, what you say is just the thing that is difficult for me to handle. Why make the meeting at 10 and NOW why not 9 and take your time? (or yesterday, or via matrix  - if we are that much in a hurry why waste so much time.)  Gunderson said these things but well - Sorry for not seeming so concerned about the timing - he does not behave like someone in that much of a hurry or we would not be needlessly hopping between meetup locations.

Second the story - well you have it your way or the highway - and well this is fine if this is the kind of game you want to run. Like I said there were many other possible scenarios to handle it, I like it when story goes from all places, and we can adopt to things. I am not saying that your way is wrong or anything - I am just saying that I do not seem to enjoy this kind of rigidity very much. 

It was the same thing with offering Tedd to go partying, (so that something could happen)... but Ted does not party, does not drink - perhaps a single beer. He is a geek with very conservative views, definitely won't feel good in a striptease place.  There were plenty of other ways to keep him occupied: Someone could ask for a favor, he could have witnessed something - someone getting shot in the hood? Stealing from one of his part suppliers?  Perhaps the car could be even stolen - before he finishes with it. And this exclude the most straight forward - someone calling him to do a job - (he is a shadowrunner).  So I don't know, I saw countless opportunities to keep him engaged even if he would be totally obsessed with the car.

I would have wrote that some of these things happened but I got the feeling that we do not move the story - just our chars and well...  Like I see now plenty of ways to include Tedd in the story- I saw plenty of ways to keep him occupied. I guess it boils down to play style.  For the sake of being argumentative, if the two had a flat tire -  I doubt they would have been replaced so quickly and they would have been delayed just as much.

It was purely a GM decision to decide to drop the player over this - and sends a message that we have to do exactly what you want us to - what leaves too little freedom for my taste.  I mean - Gunderson could have called to yell at him to get to the place RIGHT NOW, for crying out loud. He would have turned away... When we WANT to find a solution we can find countless of them.

« Last Edit: <01-21-17/1428:07> by gilga »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #241 on: <01-21-17/1449:23> »
Well if it is my decision only then we will continue with the Tedd thread.  If you remove yourself too far from the campaign however you will be doing what you want which means you will have to take the initiative for the story to move.  The reason I dropped you from the group thread was that you had removed yourself from the group to do your own thing and I didn't see any reason to clutter the story line thread with your side story.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #242 on: <01-21-17/1815:16> »
You could have Sky join us for our run.  We are just at the planning stage and still at the Last Round.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #243 on: <01-21-17/1838:56> »
I'll at least complete this one first.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #244 on: <01-21-17/2200:46> »
Hopefully it's not what I think it is.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #245 on: <01-22-17/0904:29> »
Let's just have Tedd handles the car transfer via matrix - and arrives to meet Jake few minutes later after Oz has inspected the car. Late enough to annoy Jake but not late enough to lose the job.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #246 on: <01-22-17/1434:50> »
He has posted in Tedd maybe you can try to roleplay your way back on the job?  I thought Gunderson was going to kill me (maybe even literally) after my recent episode.  Maybe you two can meet halfway?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #247 on: <01-22-17/1552:53> »
Sure.  We might be able to get you back on the job.  I guess it depends on your reaction.  You were so adamant about the car thing, I guess I just assumed.  I'll own that.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #248 on: <01-28-17/1753:48> »
Casing the joint (Visual Perception): 9d6t5 0

Lol.. Looks like that hangover is taking its toll.

Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #249 on: <01-28-17/1819:15> »
I cannot access the dice roller or character sheet from where I am today.  Can someone roll the perception check for me and post it?

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #250 on: <01-28-17/1823:45> »
If I'm not mistaken, you have Intuition 5, you don't have the skill so -1, and you have Vision Enhancement 2 on your contacts, so a pool of 6d.
Visual perception: 6d6t5 2

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #251 on: <01-28-17/2255:40> »
I don't know that I need one but apparently I see everything
perception: 4d6t5 3

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #252 on: <01-29-17/0116:25> »
I have no perception skill.  That was certainly a design flaw and I am surprised that I did that.  I may have to use some karma to fix that.  Thank you for looking at it and rolling for me.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #253 on: <01-29-17/0125:48> »
Yup, I checked again to be sure it wasn't somewhere out of place, but not perception skill anywhere.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #254 on: <02-02-17/2039:47> »
Tedd is awarded 5K for completing his second job.  Not a run exactly but it was IC and self driven.  Good job,