SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <07-25-16/1059:51> »
All of my posts have been edited.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <08-10-16/2318:31> »
I'm not always getting notices for new posts. 

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-18-16/1228:46> »
Text of my Astral Window spell for DM reference. 

These spells are advanced versions of Clairvoyance (p. 286, SR5) and Astral Clairvoyance (p. 106) that allow the caster to grant a subject the ability to see or assense through mana barriers (which normally stop Clairvoyance and are opaque on the astral). If the barrier does not resist the spell with its Force, the  subject can see/assense distant scenes through the barrier as if physically or astrally present within the sensory range of the spell. Magicians cannot cast spells at targets they see using these spells. Casting these spells does not alert the creator of the mana barrier.  Mana Window bypasses mana barriers on the physical
plane with its clairvoyant physical sight. Astral Window bypasses astral mana barriers with its clairvoyant assensing. The caster must touch the subject of the  spell, and for Astral Window the subject must be astrally active.

I edited my previous post based on Smiles info of warding.

Hang in there Boom

Smiles, Jed is going to scout a little.  If each room is a separate mana barrier, each one gets a roll against my casting hits of 5.  Normally a clairvoyance spell gives you your hits as a limit for perception or assenssing.  This spell simply says if the barrier doesn't beat your roll, you can see past it to the range of your spell.  F5 x Magic 6 gives me a range of 30 meters, or about 90 feet.  Not sure what I can see with that. 
« Last Edit: <08-18-16/1252:23> by SmilinIrish »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <08-30-16/0616:52> »
Here is the text of the Concealment power. 

CONCEALMENT
Type: P Action: Simple
Range: LOS Duration: Sustained
Critters with this power can mystically hide themselves, other people, or things that someone else is seeking. Concealment subtracts a number of dice equal to the critter’s Magic from any Perception Tests to locate the concealed subject. Concealment can be used simultaneously on a number of metahuman-sized targets equal to the critter’s Magic, or a number of much smaller targets (cats, babies, rats, etc.) equal to the critter’s Magic x 5. Concealed  subjects can see each other if the critter allows it. The effect lasts until the target is spotted or the critter stops sustaining the power.

So it tries to conceal you from someone seeing you.  RAW it says Perception.  Would you allow it to work on a mage using assenssing to scout?  The idea being that the dice pool modifier applying to the assensing test to "see " us in the first place.  Once we are seen, it wouldn't provide the modifier to read auras or what have you. 

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-31-16/2138:30> »
Sorry Irish, hiding from a mage using assensing to scout is a different spell. And sorry I didn't answer this before now. The SR forums wouldn't work for me last night and I didn't have the energy to stay up until they did.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-31-16/2206:56> »
I didn't know there was a spell for that. That's why Inwas searching spirit powers. How would you hide from an assessing Mage (other than metamagic)?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-01-16/0040:07> »
I do not know any spell that lets you do it. There is a ritual - astral doppelganger.

False impression changes your aura, but it is a sustained spell so unless you have extended masking - well good-luck hiding the spell itself.

basically avoiding assensing is a bit out of our league it is for initiated mages. But like I said, not all answers are magic. If you place yourself in a crate for example than nobody can assense you, physical objects are barriers in the astral as well.

Inside a car is the same thing - the glass blocks your sight in the astral. Wards are needed to close down openings, doors windows and so forth - assensing mages cannot go out of doors, walls and so forth.

The final option is to subdue the observer, from the astral with spirits. You cannot hide but neither can them. Marco brought five bound spirits to this gig. Not super powerful spirits but still a projecting mage is going to struggle with so many spirits trying to knock it out. (and there are summoned spirits).

if we knock out a projecting mage - he cannot warn anyone of what happened. A spirit on the other hand, is not necessarily going to be able to understand what it sees, so it sees an awakened but it is expected that Nikolai has an awakened. They need both mundane sight and astral sight to match the aura to the face.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-01-16/0830:06> »
Ok. I follow you on all counts.  Tiny addition. A projecting Mage can poke his face all kinds of places to see behind things. 

Those spirits would have to knock him out before he acts. Otherwise he can return to his body or if assessing just yell. I have one bound, but it's a spirit of Man, so not much for attacking. My summoned spirit is also man, but can swap for Fire if needed. We can collaborate for your summoned and bring it in over 6 force.  He may have spirits as well.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-01-16/0939:08> »
Well, returning to the body is a complex action. So you get at least one round to knock him out.
The pretty thing is that every spirit is almost the same when it comes to fighting in the astral.

So I think that if Marco waits for Tsina in a vehicle with closed doors, he cannot be assensed. As the windows and windshield are not transparent in the astral. (he can be assensed with Jed's spell - but well every plan has a possible counter plan). This solves the problem without violence to the best of our character abilities. 

Socially, having Marco waits inside a vehicle for a meet is not unreasonable, perhaps it is too cold outside for example.
Marco can step out of the car once Jed verify that nobody is assensing him. Or even convince Tsina to get in for a quick chat.
Having Tsina enter the car is appealing as once Yelena and Nikolai take her out, we are already in a car - and do not need magic to escape.

Even if the plan fails and Tsina has a gun on poor Marco, he can reliably claim that they are leaving scene to save her life and to bluff his way out of it. I mean once your passenger get shots it is very reasonable to get the fuck out of there.  Perhaps, Arc should do the driving?

I mean Nikolai's plan involves mass combat and we simply are not the shadowrunners to participate in such a thing. (augmented Yelena aside).

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-01-16/1814:20> »
 Verify that no one is assensing?  That is undetectable.  Like looking at someone.  It isn't a spell...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-01-16/2358:17> »
We can find the mage, check that he is not dual natured. Then decide if to leave car, but as I do not understand the plan I am not sure how we fit in.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <09-06-16/0547:43> »
Woot. You guys are still going. Thats awesome!
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-07-16/0917:41> »
Thx Trisk.  :) !

Gilga, I never expected y'all to accept Nicolai's plan. That would be like players actually going along with the GM and a complete break with gaming tradition lol. Yes, he proposed a plan. Is it the best plan? Nope, it's just one plan and I always expected you guys to come up with your own. But, just like Nicolai's plan has a few "lost in translation" elements for you. Yours has some lost in translation elements for me. So, I need you to explain step-by-step what your plan is along with the timing and what part each of you will play in it.
« Last Edit: <09-07-16/0919:50> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-07-16/1031:25> »
Jed is feeling overwhelmed by the situation.  He doesn't like that we are waiting for them to come to us, since he can't control or easily scout the train as it is coming in.  At this point he is not concerning himself with the slaves, mainly because he is hyper focused on bringing Yelena and Arc ( and now Blackbird) out of this.  His two main focuses are neutralizing the enemy mage, and watching for a double cross from Nicolai.

In regard to the mage, I'm planning on using my astral sense spell to look into the train as it is pulling in, focusing on identifying awakened, and counting bad guys (based on ugly aura's) in that order of priority.  Smiles, the range is Force x Magic, so I'll cast at Force 8 to get about 150 feet of range.  The idea being that I'll be holding the sense at its limit down the track, and watching for the train, and then matching the speed coming back to scout the train.  The last 150 feet it should be slowing down, I'll let you decide how much time I actually have to scout.  I can't project, because it would leave my body vulnerable, and potentially let the enemy mage see me scouting. 

I have two F6 spirits of man, and one is bound.  The summoned one has two spells:  Increase Intuition (which it is sustaining on me) and Heal.  The bound spirit has Heal.  I don't remember the other spell I chose when I bound it.  Smiles, can I choose now, or am I out of luck?  The summoned spirit will be given instructions to protect Yelena when the shooting starts.  I'll be asking it to interpose itself between Y and the gunfire, since it may be able to shrug on many of the shots. If Yelena is hurt, it is two heal her.  My deal with him will be that those two tasks will fulfill all obligation.  I realize he may refuse to shield Yelena.  I'm hoping to convince it.  The other will be standing by with orders to attack anyone awakened on the train (I'll choose to have the bound spirit know lightning bolt or clout  if you allow).

I'll set up my micro cameras down the tunnel, and in the entrance behind us and the agent on my commlink monitor them for anyone entering either way.  Smiles, I'm posting the text of my commlink to make sure this agent can do that.  I know the did an erratta so that this agent can't hack, but I'd like to make sure you agree that they can monitor a video feed for me. 

Text of the description of my commlink:  "Are you constantly confused and lost? Does your file directory look like your commlink was the sole victim of the Crash 3.0? Worry no more, because the Nixdorf Sekretar has your back. It has a built-in Rating 3 agent that will organize your calendar, your files, your work, and (with the Liebesekretär upgrade) your love life.*"

For this op, I'll return to using my armor jacket.  I'll stand behind any cover I can find.  If I'm shot at I'll go defensive and give up a pass.  This would make my dodge pool 16.  I'll have an F1 Health focus active and an F1 weapon focus active (my cane).

When we leave the compound, I'll message the contact from Mike for the coyote.  Introducing myself and asking the price to evac the four of us back to Seattle, or at least out of here, which will also let him know where we are currently located. 

Spirit Stats:  B:7   A: 6  R:8  S:4   W:6     L:6   I:7   C: 6.  Materialized it has immunity to normal weapons.  The modified damage of normal weapons must exceed 12 to affect it at all.  If it affects it at all, resistance test is dice pool of 19, with an additional 6 automatic hits.

In short, I'll accept whatever plan Blackbird and Nicolai agree on.  Blackbird should know what I'm capable of. 

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-07-16/1612:41> »
Take into consideration that Yelena had underground dramatic aumentations and is probably the least likely to die at a gunfight. She has Titan bones and orthskin that gives her +10 dice to resist damage, and reaction enhancers that help with initiative/dodge.