NEWS

The Found Arcana IC

• 158 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #150 on: <10-30-18/0128:56> »
AM texted >> What if I go talk to Nightmare once we are done... I am sure he'll have some job for us. If he can get past the hostility of what we just did... Though we did not kill or permanently damaged anything so I think that there is hope.

We don't have to go after this particular card, it may bring some extra money. The man seems obsessed with them - so he might have some leads for us, and we already had a show of competence by extracting the boy. I can make it work.
« Last Edit: <10-30-18/0132:40> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #151 on: <10-30-18/1842:51> »
Bobby shook his head: <<Two things: 1) It's bad for business to turn around and sell confidential information of your clients. 2) The 'weeners are fragging crazy. Going into business with them will bite us in the ass, guaranteed.
At the very least they could learn about our address and I really don't want our place to burn down.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #152 on: <10-31-18/0848:30> »
>> So no stealing the thing. We don't know of any other potential buyer than Nightmare... but we get a new ride! This is exciting.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <11-01-18/1106:11> »
(Sorry.  I pretty much passed out as soon as I got home last night.)

You get Brian into your office and dismiss the pug spell.  He's jittery and incoherent and doesn't really seem to understand what's going on or where he is.  After about and hour, there is a ding from the door - Arthur Liu is here.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #154 on: <11-01-18/1321:41> »
AM reaches out for her armor jacket and closes it over her T-shirt. It is the barrens, after all, then she looks in the keyhole, and only afterward she opens the door.

"Mr. Liu, I am happy to see you. Come have a seat."  She said warmly.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #155 on: <11-01-18/1349:00> »
Bobby had put back on his clothes and made himself comfortable, but kept in the background while the friendlier half of the team took care of the boy.
He had just fetched himself a cup of soycaf when the doorbell rang. Giving only a curt nod to the client, he wandered into the conference room and leaned against the wall next to the door - just outside the peripheral sight of the client.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #156 on: <11-01-18/1930:23> »
Mato stands by the window, picking his teeth with a toothpick while keeping a narrow eye on Redmond outside. The job had been smooth and easy, which makes him nervous. He had scanned the kid for tags but there's always the possibility of something outlandish, like magical tracking. Having the new headquarters firebombed by angry Halloweeners would be damnably inconvenient, so Mato watches and waits. They're past the pointing of needing to impress the Johnson, and AM and Jawsey are the friendly ones, so Mato lets them preside over the reunion.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #157 on: <11-02-18/1349:28> »
The boy was clearly exhausted, traumatized, and likely in physical shock too.  Jawsey had always avoided learning too much about medicine during his treatments -- it was an area where knowing what was happening had always seemed to make it worse -- but he knew enough to make sure that the boy was kept warm, that they get him to drink some fluids, and be kept quiet.  So he sat with him in a dim room, using asensing to keep an eye on his health, making sure he didn't get worse, hoping he'd start to get better.

Which was damnably boring.

When word came that the father was here, Jawsey was more than ready to pass the boy over, but took the time to brush any wrinkles out of his clothes, clear his throat, and paste his 'professionally pleasant' look into place.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #158 on: <11-13-18/0409:14> »
(Sorry to wrap things up so unceremoniously, but I figure I have made a habit of just clipling along aver few days to a week, so here's basic summary)

Assuming no one does anything crazy or unexpected, it all goes off without a hitch.  Arthur picks up his son and passes you certified credsticks in the proper amount, and the next day the car, newly cleaned, is delivered to your agency.

Everyone gets 25 karma as well.

If anyone wanted to keep running with this, I can pass some notes to them.
The power of the Tri-Horse!