NEWS

What character should I make?

• 3 Replies

GunDrake

• Chummer
« on: <01-25-15/2258:29> »
The group I am gonna be in is a point buy system and I get to play two characters. One is a gnome dronomancer and the other I am trying to decide to make a mystic adept. One idea is to make a assault mystic that is a centaur with a big mini gun and I don't know  what to take for as in spells? And the other idea for a mystic is a Kitsune Mystic Infiltrator with a sniper rifle.
what mystic adept should I build and what spells do I want for my centaur?

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-26-15/0142:05> »
You could abuse the system and create a Human/Nosferatu Adept or Ork/Wendigo Adept.  A GM likely wouldn't allow it (because it is abusing a loophole) but, by one reading of the rules, you then end up with a Mystic Adept with full power points for only the karma cost of Adept (and you get Nosferatu or Wendigo for 10 less karma).  The wording of the "point buy" section should have been clarified as there are all kinds of problems with it (most of which can be worked out by applying some common sense).

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-26-15/1056:51> »
I bet you wi have more fun as a MysAd. TMs have some real build issues.

Keep in mind that if you play a centaur there is really no way to be low key. This can be problematic. Ask your GM what tone of game they are shooting for.
Playability > verisimilitude.

NitricAcid

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <01-27-15/0743:46> »
You could abuse the system and create a Human/Nosferatu Adept or Ork/Wendigo Adept.  A GM likely wouldn't allow it (because it is abusing a loophole) but, by one reading of the rules, you then end up with a Mystic Adept with full power points for only the karma cost of Adept (and you get Nosferatu or Wendigo for 10 less karma).  The wording of the "point buy" section should have been clarified as there are all kinds of problems with it (most of which can be worked out by applying some common sense).

Can you explain more of what you mean? What are you possibly doing to be a MysAd with full PP for only 20 karma (the cost of an Adept)?

Edit: Is it "Chargen as an Adept, so you have your 6PP, then when you take Nosferatu later you turn into a Mystic Adept, retaining your 6PP"?
« Last Edit: <01-27-15/0745:33> by NitricAcid »